Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Semi-Finals

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited June 2017 in The Porch
We are continuing to evaluate LP #1 from the Greatest Hits release Rearviewmirror.
We will get a winner from each LP and those 4 will compete to find the Ultimate Champion..

So far for LP 1:
Dissident and Jeremy eliminated Round 1
Once and Even Flow eliminated in Round 2

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 4 and the Finals. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Poll will close on Friday, 6/30 at 3:00pm cst

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Semi-Finals 96 votes

Alive
11%
NewJPageryph raphlolobuggGern Blanstendot30YardenBLACK35ALauxPJ_Soulshetellsherselfnut 11 votes
State Of Love And Trust
30%
mcgruff10Dr. Delightlogan5ivedannyNamiBrainofBGAHesCalledDyerAbe FromanMRMACPHISTO75Cortez the Killer sent meMedozKerocshiftyderbydavebrianluxF Me In The BrainaurelgugusapkirklandrummyAponeMicheyb21 29 votes
Animal
21%
AndySlashgoldrushmfc2006jarkkonieminenRhinoJamRP112579gado15themessengerBanjoRiotZactPJForceofNaturetino_11tylermooreBennyLaRuejunkyardHughFreakingDillonSmallestOceansSpurs14hihobibobigdeath 21 votes
Go
36%
CantKeepmedownigotid88releaseNYreisgerichtbootlegger10sachtrivSpiritual_ChaostunodamaiPurduePete55cutzNo CoderPA JammerJimmyVFlying MXZjoberschlakeBSully-Buru-pjrusskid canadaKev - Coat and Keys 35 votes

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Go
    Between Animal and Go and it's a TOUGH call. I love Go and I remember hearing it on WAAF here in Boston for the first time back in 1993. But... Animal has aged just a little little little bit better for me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    State Of Love And Trust
    SOLAT is a  great tune but this was an easy choice for me.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Might not be able to vote on this one. SO tough. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    State Of Love And Trust
    State has always seemed over hyped to me. Hell I think breath is the better song on singles. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    State Of Love And Trust
    mcgruff10 said:
    State has always seemed over hyped to me. Hell I think breath is the better song on singles. 
    It is bafflingly over hyped.  I don't get it, great song but it doesn't stand up with the greats.
    Agree, Breath is better, much more interesting.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    State Of Love And Trust
    Alive and ......tough call between them but I would pick Go to end up in the final 2.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    State Of Love And Trust
    The Singles outcast has got ta go.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Go
    Damn, this is tough. I could hear these 4 songs at every show and I would never complain. I'm going to have to think on this.

NYPJ
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Alive
    Seen them 14 times since 1991. Have heard ALIVE 14 times.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    State Of Love And Trust
    I've voted for Animal the last couple rounds but I'm switching to SOLAT.  I've given both a few listens recently and, while SOLAT used to be high on the PJ totem for me, I don't think it's held up as well as Animal over the years.
  • Options
    Go
    ryph raph said:
    Betting the crowd went nuts for it every single time.

• Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    ryph raph said:
           Seen them 57 times since 1996.  Have heard ALIVE 45 times.  It's still a kick ass song.  
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    State Of Love And Trust
    I remember being not that impressed with SOLAT on the first few listens. Now I'm happy to hear it, but harkening back to that, I guess it would be my weakest link of the bunch.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Animal
    love SOLAT. Animal is my choice. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    State Of Love And Trust
    Animal is vintage PJ at it's finest.
    Great tune, definitely better than Go or SOLAT to my ears.
    It's funny, those are probably in my top 3 "overrated" PJ songs, along with Hail, Hail. 
    Go doesn't have real badass stones like Why Go, which is far better IMO.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,981
    Go
    mcgruff10 said:
    Don't think that opinion is too uncommon. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,981
    Go

ryph raph said:
    So?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    ryph raph said:
    Lucky you!

(I'm 6 for 6)
  • Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
           Seen them 57 times since 1996.  Have heard ALIVE 45 times.  It's still a kick ass song.  
    That actually seems low for Alive (given the number of shows you've been to). Did you attend a lot of 2000 concerts (where it wasn't played in NA until the very last show)?
  • Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    JimmyV said:
    ryph raph said:
    Betting the crowd went nuts for it every single time.

Admittedly, I was a bit sad when Alive began at my last show - because I knew the show was almost over.
  • Options
    Animal
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
    That actually seems low for Alive (given the number of shows you've been to). Did you attend a lot of 2000 concerts (where it wasn't played in NA until the very last show)?
    it wasn't? wow, that's crazy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Go
    Alive is probably going to be the winner here, as it should. I'll still take SOLAT over Breath any day.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Go
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
    Because of Roskilde. It was the next song on the setlist that day and so when they restarted the tour it wasn't played again until they got to Seattle.

• Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
    Bingo!  I think I saw them 8 times in 2000 and alive was not played at all.  It was actually a nice break from the song.
  • Options
    Animal
    JimmyV said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
    Because of Roskilde. It was the next song on the setlist that day and so when they restarted the tour it wasn't played again until they got to Seattle.

Oh, right. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    JimmyV said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:

Oh, right. 
    Yeah alive was not played from show 26 to 71 that year (both legs of the us/canadian tour).  they only played it at seattle 2.  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited June 2017
    Alive
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
    Bingo!  I think I saw them 8 times in 2000 and alive was not played at all.  It was actually a nice break from the song.
    I wish they'd do that again, and this time just because it's overplayed. It needs a good long hiatus IMO. I know they won't do that though... all the casual fans (at least) NEED it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Animal
    I'm not casual, and I still love singing along to it at shows. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited June 2017
    Alive
    I'm not casual, and I still love singing along to it at shows. 
    That why I added the "(at least)" part. But I assume every single serious fan sings along to it at the shows no matter what as well. That doesn't mean we're not sick of it. I sing along to Better Man too, but I still wish they'd retire it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    State Of Love And Trust
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ryph raph said:
    I wish they'd do that again, and this time just because it's overplayed. It needs a good long hiatus IMO. I know they won't do that though... all the casual fans (at least) NEED it.
    100% agree with you.
This discussion has been closed.