Mike McCready Book Signing and Q&A with Cameron Crowe

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited July 2017 in The Porch

https://pearljam.com/news/mike-mccready-book-signing-and-qa-with-cameron-crowe

News June 27 2017

Mike McCready is making a special appearance in L.A. to celebrate the recent release of his photo book, Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam.

The event will take place on Tuesday, July 25 at Regent Theater in partnership with Book Soup and Spaceland PresentsDirector and longtime Pearl Jam friend, Cameron Crowe, will moderate a discussion and Q&A with Mike followed by a book signing.

Tickets will be available here on Friday, June 30 at 10 am

Please note: Mike will sign/personalize one copy of Of Potato Heads and Polaroids only per person. No other memorabilia or items will be signed. Due to time constraints, Mike will not be available for photographs during the signing portion of the events. Attendees are encouraged to snap pictures (flashless) during the intro and Q&A. 

Photo Credit: Lori Tone, Chicago, 2016

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Tickets on sale Friday for Q&A + Book Signing!

Mike McCready will make a special appearance in L.A. to celebrate the release of Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam. The event will take place on Tuesday, July 25 at The Regent Theater in partnership with the Book Soup and Spaceland Presents. The evening begins with a discussion and Q&A moderated by director and longtime friend Cameron Crowe followed by a book signing.

Tickets go on sale this Friday, June 30 at 10am PT!

GET TICKETS

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Can't wait!
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    I am there!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Hey to the people who went in NY and Seattle, how was it?  Couldn't find a thread on it.
    Hey to the people who went in NY and Seattle, how was it?  Couldn't find a thread on it.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/264873/mike-mccready-book-signing-and-q-a-events
  • elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    demetrios said:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/264873/mike-mccready-book-signing-and-q-a-events
    Haha! Once again you come through Demetrios. I'd be in a ditch somewhere without your help over the years!
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    I'll get a ticket, this is a rare opportunity to meet a member of Pearl Jam, face to face. It'll be an honor to add Mike's book to my Pearl Jam memorabilia. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    Anyone NOT already have a copy of the book that's thinking of attending? I already have a deluxe copy of the book, but I'm looking at purchasing the 2 tickets + 1 signed book option and then bringing my copy along. That way we could hopefully each get a book signed at the event and split the cost of the tickets. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • lurkinlurkin Posts: 77
    In keeping with my dad's motto that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask...Is the $50 price for 2 GA's and 1 book?
    edited June 2017
    lurkin said:
    In keeping with my dad's motto that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask...Is the $50 price for 2 GA's and 1 book?
    Correct. Info here: http://www.booksoup.com/event/book-soup-spaceland-presents-pearl-jam’s-mike-mccready-conversation-cameron-crowe
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

Does anyone have the promo code?

Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    All the best today.
  • lurkinlurkin Posts: 77
    Thank you so much kasedoug! wishing us all luck today.
    Just got my ticket, I'm so there to see the great Mike!

• GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    I'm in! Amazing how a $44 ticket can wind up costing $58 though...anyone want to carpool from OC?
    Grandma said:
    I'm in! Amazing how a $44 ticket can wind up costing $58 though...anyone want to carpool from OC?
    That's why I'm glad that they offered the two ticket + one book option, especially since I already have a copy of the book. Splitting it with a friend. Excited that Mike's coming to LA!
    Grandma said:
    Pesky "convenience fee".

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Yes, it is great that a two ticket one book options is available.  I have a friend joining me who isn't one for signing events that is now able to tag along.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Got my ticket! I will be driving down from Santa Barbara.  Anyone in Santa Barbara also planning on going? (worth asking lol)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Tickets are still available, I thought they would sell out fast! I'm excited about the Q&A and the signing (made it to one of the polaroids on the book!)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

Tickets still available. 
    Looks like it finally sold out yesterday. 

http://twitter.com/BookSoup/status/883416068697358336
    Tickets sold out!
    demetrios said:
    Tickets sold out!
    Yup!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    edited July 2017
    The tickets say it starts at 6pm.....I am thinking that may be door time.....any thoughts?

edit:  the Booksoup website says doors are at 6pm and event starts at 7pm.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • If anyone has a spare ticket (for face value) please PM me. Originally didn't think I would be available to attend.
    If anyone has a spare ticket (for face value) please PM me. Originally didn't think I would be available to attend.
    You can TRY to win one.  

http://dola.com/r/KEPZ3/events/8151130