Live Nation secretly flies Eddie Vedder to Cannes Lions

1235»

Comments

• THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    JimmyV said:
    ryph raph said:

Live Nation merged with Ticketmaster in 2010.

THIS IS NOT FOR YOU

This. A man who soon forgets?
    A man who is no more beholden in his fifties to the views he held in his twenties than you or I. I look at things differently now than I did then. Why shouldn't Ed?

Well said! 
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited June 2017
    They were always anti-corporate to a point!  Key phrase there.  Just like today.  And I applaud them for that.

U guys are hilarious.     

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

"ok this is the last song. Sorry.  Our flight boards in 45 minutes and it's a lot of pedaling to get to LAX from here.  It's Southwest too and Stone has Boarding group C.  He's rushing us". 

"And we have to drop our beer bottles and post-dinner food compost at the recycling center on the way to LAX so... no tag on this song and no Yellow Ledbetter, sorry!"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    JH6056 said:

"ok this is the last song. Sorry.  Our flight boards in 45 minutes and it's a lot of pedaling to get to LAX from here.  It's Southwest too and Stone has Boarding group C.  He's rushing us". 

"And we have to drop our beer bottles and post-dinner food compost at the recycling center on the way to LAX so... no tag on this song and no Yellow Ledbetter, sorry!"
    :lol:
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    my2hands said:
    I'm calmer than you are, Dude :)

PJFan, I'm calling shotgun on your private jet! 
    You sure you want to get on that jet??

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Eddies friend Johnny Depp about flying non-private (to his managers)

'but, regarding the plane situation,., i don't have all that many options at the moment. a commercial flight with paparazzis in tow would be a f***ing nightmare of monumental proportions. forget the dillinger auction. don't need it.

Maybe Eddie feels the same, but with the "have-my-baby-Eddie"-fans instead of paparazzis.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited June 2017
    Eddie probably hasn't flown commercial in a very long time (unless I somehow missed the 'Pictures where Eddie Looks Hot in Coach' thread). Let's give the man a break, shall we?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    The main problem is that he dares to play shows (and possibly have show-specific merch) that the average entitled fanboy does not have access to.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    If you ever have a chance to meet Ed, please bring this issue up with him if you have such a big problem with it. And make sure to let us know what he says. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited June 2017

mrk2 said:
    The main problem is that he dares to play shows (and possibly have show-specific merch) that the average entitled fanboy does not have access to.
    Speak for yourself, hombre:

I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    If you ever have a chance to meet Ed, please bring this issue up with him if you have such a big problem with it. And make sure to let us know what he says. 
    I'm pretty sure his response would (should?) consist of the letters GFY. 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I can honestly say that if I did get to meet him again and had more than a split second to talk, I might very well bring this up and ask him a couple of questions - respectfully of course.  Lawd knows I've asked far more "non-small-talk" questions of him before...  And NO, none of my questions ever involved him having a baby with me!  (Per a poster a few comments up)
This discussion has been closed.