Options

Should 10c fans who get pre sale tickets get better seats than general sale?

Comments

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    I've been lucky and have had great seats for the three Ed shows I've been to, even got 2nd row once which was an incredible experience. I certainly would have been very disappointed if I was way up in the back, but that's the risk we're taking.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    How was the pre-sale 10c tix for TotD treated. Would have been the same as the EV solo situation right?
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    Probably best to email/call the 10C with these questions.
  • Options
    FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    Washed said:
    I sat in the Circle (balcony) for last night's London show and thought the seats were wonderful. Great show.

However, my tickets were £85 tickets and I was charged for the top price level tickets, which were £95 tickets. If we are going to be sprinkled throughout the theater, shouldn't we be in the price range we actually paid for (or be refunded the difference if they can't seat us in the price range we paid)?
    That is my main kinda gripe. I don't mind paying the price for the tickets I had but I paid £100 for the £85 tickets I got. That's not really fair and it's what many people get annoyed about through resale sites. This wasn't resale. I can't afford every show or to spend money on tenclub and general sale tickets to hedge my bets even on one show. It was the box office at the venue that told me tenclub put on the £15 booking fee. 
  • Options
    texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 1,107
    edited June 2017
    I refused to buy the 10club tickets, as 95 quid was/is extortion. Got 65 quid 2nd night tix off eventim. However im an idiot and after the first two dutch shows i had to go first night so sucked it up and got a 1st night ticket, 4th row front balcony last week. Ticket was 85 quid. Booking fee etc on top it was 95.

The question really shouldnt be is 10c ripping you off as they charged almost the same as other agencies, its the 85 quid ticket price full stop.

4 years ago it was 50 quid. Same venue. Double the price almost in 4 years. Not cool at all. Im a mug as i still payed it but at this rate tix will be 150 quid in a few years.

DISCLAIMER******
    I AM TALKING IN POUNDS HERE, HENCE QUID, NOT DOLLARS.
    PINT IS 4 POUND
    MINIMUM WAGE IS 7 POUND
    SO 100 QUID IS A FUCK TON
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Providing clarity since I was somewhat confused:
    Pound vs Quid
    A pound is a currency in Britain and in other areas of Europe. Sometimes people refer to it as quid. Instead of saying ‘100 pounds,’ people would say ‘100 quids.’ The term ‘quid’ has been used a long time ago already; however, these days people are getting confused as to when and how the term ‘quid’ and ‘pound’ are used interchangeably. The truth is, when you compare it to the currency of the United States, it has a similar issue. When an American says ‘100 bucks,’ it is understood as ‘100 dollars.’ It is also just like saying ’10 grand,’ which means ‘10,000 dollars.’ ‘Grand’ means ‘bag of money.’ It can be used as slang for ‘a thousand’ when it comes to money.
    Read more:  Difference Between Pound and Quid | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-pound-and-quid/#ixzz4jMldMJq0
    Used this currency calculator: http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=GBP&to=USD&amount=4
    $85 quid = $110.18 US
    $65 quid = $84.25 US
    $7 quid = $9.07 US
    $4 quid = $5.18 US 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    No one who bought tickets to this concert or any other was extorted by 10c, Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder, or anyone else. You were presented with a price. You either paid it or you didn't. At no time and in no way were you extorted.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Tickets for Vedder are even higher demand than Pj.
    In 2011 I got 7th row via 10 club. Was then upgraded to front row center via Eds bodyguard.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    WesCWesC Posts: 92
    Tiki said:
     My tickets were bad for Eddie Vedder in London England.     1st world problems  
    This!
    Seriously people
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • Options
    WesC said:
    Tiki said:
     My tickets were bad for Eddie Vedder in London England.     1st world problems  
    This!
    Seriously people
    Haha. I hear you but I get people being disappointed, too.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    No one who bought tickets to this concert or any other was extorted by 10c, Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder, or anyone else. You were presented with a price. You either paid it or you didn't. At no time and in no way were you extorted.
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

Being extorted or extortion is slang here for ripped off. I dont mean it in the literal sense. The price is too high, thus ripped off/extorted/taken for a mug/rinsed etc etc
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    In before:

"No one made you go"
    "It sold out so the price wasnt too high"
    "Id happily pay (own currency equivalent with no actual idea of locale economics and market value)"

1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    PJNB said:
    Yes they should in a perfect world but I am sure that 10 Club tries for this with no luck. All the 10 club tickets give you is a good chance to get in the building without a fight with the bots. I got 10 club tickets for Italy and decided to try the general sale as well. I was lucky in the general sale with great seats and met a couple of great fans on this forum that I was able to sell by 10 club tickets too. 
    ^^ This is the way you do it. 

The convenience of 10C tickets is that you don't have to pull your hair out buying on TM or another site, or dealing with scalpers. Getting INTO a venue were Eddie or PJ is playing, is the only guarantee from 10C.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

Being extorted or extortion is slang here for ripped off. I dont mean it in the literal sense. The price is too high, thus ripped off/extorted/taken for a mug/rinsed etc etc
    Ripped off here means robbed. Extorted means threatened and then robbed.

But you weren't any of those things. That's my point. You weren't ripped off. You knew what the price was and you paid it. You received exactly what you knowingly bought. No bait and switch.

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    I've been to 5 EV solo shows and don't remember having a bad 10c ticket. As someone else said, the venues are small enough that pretty much all the seats are good.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

But you weren't any of those things. That's my point. You weren't ripped off. You knew what the price was and you paid it. You received exactly what you knowingly bought. No bait and switch.
    OK. So how do i say that i paid for something that wasnt available anywhere else and the price was double what i paid last time? Also that the thing was more expensive than the other, arguably, better thing?

I had a great night, twice. Still think 95 pounds is overpriced. Why does that offend you so much? 
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    I've been to 5 EV solo shows and don't remember having a bad 10c ticket. As someone else said, the venues are small enough that pretty much all the seats are good.
    Good point. Although I think the 3 arena in Dublin is possibly the biggest venue of the tour? I could be mistaken... even still, there's not a bad seat in the place.....as someone else said.....first world problems, eh?!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    edited June 2017
    Well, I loved the show regardless and feel I'm banging my head against a brick wall here 
    "1st World problems" um, ok. I'll go general sale next time. 
    Post edited by Foxkin on
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    Foxkin said:
    Well, I loved the show regardless and feel I'm banging my head against a brick wall here 
    "1st World problems" um, ok. I'll go general sale next time. 
    Well for what it's worth, I agree with you. I didn't realise the 10c seat distribution was different for eV shows compared to PJ gigs. As for the price, I'd love the 10c to clarify where the extra charge goes to. If it was to secure better seats for members or it goes to the Vitalogy Foundation, I'll gladly pay it.......might take my chances with general sale the next time.
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

OK. So how do i say that i paid for something that wasnt available anywhere else and the price was double what i paid last time? Also that the thing was more expensive than the other, arguably, better thing?

I had a great night, twice. Still think 95 pounds is overpriced. Why does that offend you so much? 
    It doesn't offend me at all. You've just come off twice now sounding dramatic and hysterical talking about how 10c and Eddie Vedder extorted you. The price is the price. Pay it or don't. The only way ticket prices will come down is if the tickets don't sell.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Should be interesting in Cork - it's GA in a circus tent 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    gaz said:
    Good point. Although I think the 3 arena in Dublin is possibly the biggest venue of the tour? I could be mistaken... even still, there's not a bad seat in the place.....as someone else said.....first world problems, eh?!!
    That's probably true, the three theaters I saw him in were intimate in comparison.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

It doesn't offend me at all. You've just come off twice now sounding dramatic and hysterical talking about how 10c and Eddie Vedder extorted you. The price is the price. Pay it or don't. The only way ticket prices will come down is if the tickets don't sell.

Dramatic and hysterical? hahahahahahahaha. Thanks that made my day.

"The price is the price. Pay it or don't. The only way ticket prices will come down is if the tickets don't sell. "

^^^^And that right there is everything wrong with some fans. Tow the line, pay the price and shut up.

Not for me thanks.
    I suggest you mute me or ignore my posts in future as I 'm going to continue on with this and we won't ever agree and there is no point going over the same tired ground.

Have a great day.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

"The price is the price. Pay it or don't. The only way ticket prices will come down is if the tickets don't sell. "

^^^^And that right there is everything wrong with some fans. Tow the line, pay the price and shut up.

Not for me thanks.
    I suggest you mute me or ignore my posts in future as I 'm going to continue on with this and we won't ever agree and there is no point going over the same tired ground.

Have a great day.

Except of course that in this case you are the one who paid the price. Not me. When the price goes up next time it will because the tickets sold this time. I didn't buy any. You did. I didn't enable or endorse these ticket prices. You did. Don't blame other fans for that.

I have no problem disagreeing. That's what makes for a good discussion. Continue on all you want to.

And, yes, accusing 10c of extortion, slang or no slang, does make one sound a bit dramatic and hysterical. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

Not for me thanks.

Have a great day.

Except of course that in this case you are the one who paid the price. Not me. When the price goes up next time it will because the tickets sold this time. I didn't buy any. You did. I didn't enable or endorse these ticket prices. You did. Don't blame other fans for that.

I have no problem disagreeing. That's what makes for a good discussion. Continue on all you want to.

And, yes, accusing 10c of extortion, slang or no slang, does make one sound a bit dramatic and hysterical. 
    It's the age old internet issue of words being taken both out of context and against the intention of them by the poster.
    I am very calm, very happy and recovering from 2 incredible nights out seeing EV.

I did pay.
    I paid £65 for the 2nd night ticket from another seller that wasn't 10c.
    And arguably where I was in the venue for the £65 ticket was better than the £95 ticket sold via the 10c.

My issue is simply that the 10c ticket and highest ticket price when compared to other shows in the city is a hell of a lot higher.

Am I a mug for paying it? Probably
    Can I can complain about the ticket price? Absolutely.

It is possible to begrudge paying for something that you don't agree with entirely but be over a barrel and either choose to suck it up or choose to miss out. Life's too short so I sucked it up and took the hit. I don't regret it but I can still happily say that £95 to see EV in London is ridiculous and dare I say it, "extortionate"  ;););)
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

Not for me thanks.

Have a great day.

It's the age old internet issue of words being taken both out of context and against the intention of them by the poster.
    I am very calm, very happy and recovering from 2 incredible nights out seeing EV.

I did pay.
    And arguably where I was in the venue for the £65 ticket was better than the £95 ticket sold via the 10c.

My issue is simply that the 10c ticket and highest ticket price when compared to other shows in the city is a hell of a lot higher.

It is possible to begrudge paying for something that you don't agree with entirely but be over a barrel and either choose to suck it up or choose to miss out. Life's too short so I sucked it up and took the hit. I don't regret it but I can still happily say that £95 to see EV in London is ridiculous and dare I say it, "extortionate"  ;););)
    I didn't take your words out of context dude. I just told you how they came across.

Glad you enjoyed the shows.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    It sure sounds like 10c is playing the same game the secondary markets play - purchasing tickets from the venue and marking them up.
    I have no problem with the seats being scattered throughout the venue as they disclosed this. But if you paid top tier pricing, you should get a top tier seat. If you are seated in the cheapest section, you should have paid the cheaper price. 10c needs to be more consistent here. And more transparent. It just seems wrong that the fanclub members pay a premium to sit in the same seats as non-fanclub members. That doesn't seem like a very enticing member benefit. lol
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    THIS AGAIN........
    sigh.

Not for me thanks.

Have a great day.

I did pay.

I didn't take your words out of context dude. I just told you how they came across.

Glad you enjoyed the shows.

Fair enough.
    I always forget how US centric the board is and how colloquialisms and slang that I use may not come across how they are meant.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Tiki said:
    its stated and understood that normal 10c Rules don't apply for Ed tickets.  in the building is all that's guaranteed.   

Yeah, this has been the method for all of Ed's solo shows.  I can understand the disappointment though.
    I got really good seats one time in Milwaukee 08 Row D I couldn't believe it,.  Yea 4 rows back.  The next time in St.Louis, a few years later 11 I think. they were way the hell up there, eye level with the Chandelier.  But yeah they state it that Ed shows are different, those aren't even by seniority like pj shows, it's just a lottery based on seats in the building.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,516
    jeffbr said:
    It sure sounds like 10c is playing the same game the secondary markets play - purchasing tickets from the venue and marking them up.
    I have no problem with the seats being scattered throughout the venue as they disclosed this. But if you paid top tier pricing, you should get a top tier seat. If you are seated in the cheapest section, you should have paid the cheaper price. 10c needs to be more consistent here. And more transparent. It just seems wrong that the fanclub members pay a premium to sit in the same seats as non-fanclub members. That doesn't seem like a very enticing member benefit. lol
    The band isn't buying tickets from the venue. The band is buying tickets from the promoter. The band is looking to cover their guaranteed income from the show by factoring in things like credit card fees etc. Whereas the fan club factors in all overhead costs and determines the profit margin they're after when selling merch on the site, the fan club is looking to sell 10C tickets at their cost without losing out on incidentals. Makes perfect sense. Fan club membership affords us an opportunity, not a guarantee. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore