*** Eddie Vedder London 1, Fanviews Here 6/6/17 ***

2»

Comments

• SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Yeah, was an all round great show. Glen kicked things off in fine style with a some powerful music and some quality stories - loved hearing about how he met Bob Dylan at rehearsal for his first gig at Hammersmith and him belting out Bird Of Sorrow - HAAAAAAAAAAANGIN ON! Not sure what has happened to him over the last couple of days but he seemed pretty tripped out by the whole thing. Was short but very sweet and I knew he'd be back on during the main event. When he did return it was clearly needed as Ed talked about Chris with Glen by his side for support emotionally and musically. What a wonderful team they make, and knowing how they became friends in the first place...its heartbreaking/mending stuff! Ed started off with a couple of songs that I wasn't that familiar with, but from then on it was just none stop amazing. All pretty much highlights in their own way for different reasons, making it hard to select a standout - nah, it was the Ukulele Anthem! Had all the beats you want from a top Eddie solo performance distilled into one song. Ed playing it for the little girl, Ed swearing in front of little girl, Ed fucking up the song words, Ed singing and playing the living shit out of it, Ed giving away the Ukulele, Ed giving us something we'd never heard before. That song/moment was pretty much a perfect high point in a night that also had a real low that is equally unforgettable but for completely different reasons.

See you in Sicily!  
    Nature drunk and High
  • Dimitris' transcription above quoted in Rolling Stone's (US) article this morning:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/read-eddie-vedders-tribute-to-older-brother-chris-cornell-w486208 
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • sarnocm said:
    Man, this is a tough setlist to see.  My wife and I were supposed to come to both London shows from Maine, but after the Manchester attacks and a lot of worry from our kids we decided to cancel the trip.  Then after the latest attack the other day, which is when we were supposed to arrive in London, our family was so relieved we didn't go.  So now I have to really hold onto the hope that Ed comes back and plays in the US this Fall!
    Oh man. That sucks......sorry you didnt make it.

London is really really safe and the police here did an incredible job the other day. 3 terrorists dead in 8 mins. Amazing work.

There was a ton of security at the show last night, thorough searches and a defiant audience response to the shit that went down.

We arent scared and cant stop living our lives.

Without pulling out stats and starting a debate you are actually more likely to be killed by a gun in the US than a terrorist in the UK but I understand the reservation of coming here currently. Im not making light of it. Its totally shit whats happened here but life has to go on.

We lived through the IRA in london which was arguably a million times worse than a few E-terrorist nut jobs.

I hope you visit here again another time and can coincide it with a PJ show
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • GilbertoGilberto Posts: 30
    Set list last night looks incredible and sounds like it was a heck of a performance in the circumstances from Ed. Hopefully it'll be the same for tonight even though I had a ticket but wasn't able to make it, just so my little bro has a stellar night.
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Hey any other Ten Clubbers feel they paid over the odds for their ticket? Having picked up the ticket at the venue it was priced at £85 with £1.25 charge for booking. However I paid over £200 for the two tickets due to club draw and having to pay in USDs. So due to an unfavourable exchange rate I have ended up paying more than non fan club members, some of who have far superior seats.  Seems unfair. Not that I would have missed such an awesome gig.  
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Chumfatty said:
    Hey any other Ten Clubbers feel they paid over the odds for their ticket? Having picked up the ticket at the venue it was priced at £85 with £1.25 charge for booking. However I paid over £200 for the two tickets due to club draw and having to pay in USDs. So due to an unfavourable exchange rate I have ended up paying more than non fan club members, some of who have far superior seats.  Seems unfair.
    TOO RIGHT.
    Not supposed to sell above face value. My 10c ticket buddy was happy to pay the 100 pounds we had agreed, but seems like 10c have become TM.

Up in the balcony is also too far away for a 10c allocation.

Good job Ed can deliver.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • PeteCrzPeteCrz Posts: 5
    edited June 2017

=) I loved both nights, was not sure what to expect it was fantastic. So glad I decided on both nights as they were so different emotionally.

Glen Hansard was well worth seeing too

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    milan said:
    Chumfatty said:
    Hey any other Ten Clubbers feel they paid over the odds for their ticket? Having picked up the ticket at the venue it was priced at £85 with £1.25 charge for booking. However I paid over £200 for the two tickets due to club draw and having to pay in USDs. So due to an unfavourable exchange rate I have ended up paying more than non fan club members, some of who have far superior seats.  Seems unfair.
    TOO RIGHT.
    Not supposed to sell above face value. My 10c ticket buddy was happy to pay the 100 pounds we had agreed, but seems like 10c have become TM.

Up in the balcony is also too far away for a 10c allocation.

Good job Ed can deliver.
    Ed ved solo has always had random tickets since 2008.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488

The emotions in Song Of Good Hope were so raw. I can't put it into words but the bond between Ed and Glen was so strong.

I love this 
  • MrPeaMrPea Posts: 43
    I would just like to add that I caught Eddie during his stage dive during Hard Sun. A moment that will live with me forever. 
    Great shows both nights, and Glen was awesome too!
    1996: London Nt2
    2000: London x 2
    2003: Boston Nt3
    2006: Astoria (4/20!), Barcelona, Bern.
    2009: London
    2010: Hyde Park, Werchter
    2014: MK, Amsterdam Nt2. 
    2017: EV in London x2
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, London 1 & (2), Werchter