Trouble on London Bridge

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    I really don't understand what happened in London Bridge last night. Some things don't add up - like why would the terrorists wear fake cannisters on their visible suicide vests (they don't normally), and why would the police shoot at them, which should have been too risky? Unless they knew they were fake in the first place? Doesn't make sense.
    Also the Barking connection was discovered pretty quickly too, even though Barking isn't that close to the city centre. Almost too quickly imo... :s
    FRom what I ve read the police thought that they would detonate their suicide vests. Turns out the vests were fake. 
    You mean the terrorists would detonate their vests? It was still a bit risky for the police to shoot them and they turned out to be real. Even if only one went off, it would have caused huge damage and major loss of life and injuries In that chaotic crowded panicked area. Surely they shouldn't have fired at people wearing potential bombs.... unless they somehow knew they were fake....?
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Confirmation bias 
    Do you mean my post about the tories? I work close to westminster and have to follow social media /news closely for work, so maybe it's confirmation bias as I'm no fan of the tories, but you can't help seeing the pattern after a while, whether you like it or not, unfortunately.

"We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited June 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    I really don't understand what happened in London Bridge last night. Some things don't add up - like why would the terrorists wear fake cannisters on their visible suicide vests (they don't normally), and why would the police shoot at them, which should have been too risky? Unless they knew they were fake in the first place? Doesn't make sense.
    Also the Barking connection was discovered pretty quickly too, even though Barking isn't that close to the city centre. Almost too quickly imo... :s
    FRom what I ve read the police thought that they would detonate their suicide vests. Turns out the vests were fake. 
    You mean the terrorists would detonate their vests? It was still a bit risky for the police to shoot them and they turned out to be real. Even if only one went off, it would have caused huge damage and major loss of life and injuries In that chaotic crowded panicked area. Surely they shouldn't have fired at people wearing potential bombs.... unless they somehow knew they were fake....?
    yes the terrorists would have detonated their vests that's why they shot. i'm almost positivite that the suicide vests that have been typically used would not have exploded if they were hit by a bullet.  that's not how it works.  so if they kill the terrorists first then they can't go off.  but again it depends what was in the suicide vest.
    maybe they were trying for a head shot thus the reason for a lot of rounds.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Confirmation bias 
    Do you mean my post about the tories? I work close to westminster and have to follow social media /news closely for work, so maybe it's confirmation bias as I'm no fan of the tories, but you can't help seeing the pattern after a while, whether you like it or not, unfortunately.

How many days have they had negative press without a major tragedy happening? I'd guess ..... many days. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Confirmation bias 

How many days have they had negative press without a major tragedy happening? I'd guess ..... many days. 
    Yes I know, nearly every day. But these days I mentioned above had been particularly bad expecially with the elections coming so close, or maybe I'm too close to it cos of my job, but I know I'm not the only one at work who's noticed this pattern...
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    yes the terrorists would have detonated their vests that's why they shot. i'm almost positivite that the suicide vests that have been typically used would not have exploded if they were hit by a bullet.  that's not how it works. 
    Seriously? You hit a bomb with a bullet and it's not supposed to go off? I doubt these terrorists' bombs are that sophisticated! They are usually homemade by an amateur in someone's kitchen aren't they. How is it supposed to work then?
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Another thing that doesn't add up is the way a lot of the recent UK attacks have all coincided with the Tories having bad press days...
    • Westminster bridge attack - happended same day that Scotland was due to vote for second independence referendum
    • Westminster knife man arrest - happened same day after Boris called Corbyn a "mugwump" and made the Tories a laughing stock
    • Manchester bombing - happened same day (night) after Theresa May got a mauling in the press for her dementia tax and uturn
    • London Bridge/Borough market attack - happened same day several polls revealed that labour were closing the gap or even beating the tories in the run-up to the election.
    They might not seem a big issues to worry about ordinarily, but with an election coming up it seems that the tories can't afford any more bad press days. It all just makes me wonder...
    Are you seriously suggesting what I think you're suggesting?! I would never vote Tory but come on! All that theory is fit for is an American TV drama
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    yes the terrorists would have detonated their vests that's why they shot. i'm almost positivite that the suicide vests that have been typically used would not have exploded if they were hit by a bullet.  that's not how it works. 
    Seriously? You hit a bomb with a bullet and it's not supposed to go off? I doubt these terrorists' bombs are that sophisticated! They are usually homemade by an amateur in someone's kitchen aren't they. How is it supposed to work then?
    it all depends on what it is made of.  if it has a dead man's switch you are shit out of luck lol.  it could also be exploded remotely.

put it this way, those cops could have easily lost their lives if that bomb went off.  they made the right call and thankfully no one got hurt.  I just hope things settle down for everyone in the u.k.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Confirmation bias 

Yes I know, nearly every day. But these days I mentioned above had been particularly bad expecially with the elections coming so close, or maybe I'm too close to it cos of my job, but I know I'm not the only one at work who's noticed this pattern...
    So in order to deflect some bad publicity the Tories are repeatedly engaging in fake terrorist attacks, killing several of their citizens. Because that is so terribly easy to cover up these days. 

Real life is not an episode of 24. 
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Confirmation bias 

So in order to deflect some bad publicity the Tories are repeatedly engaging in fake terrorist attacks, killing several of their citizens. Because that is so terribly easy to cover up these days. 

Thank you for, as ever, being a voice of sanity
    Confirmation bias 

Thank you for, as ever, being a voice of sanity
    That's not a universally held opinion, but thank you, Jenny ;)

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Confirmation bias 

Remember there are people in the world, and in the Ten Club,  who believe the U.S. govt. Was behind the 9/11 attacks, and that President Obama was being the Newtown massacre.
    Conspiracy theorists are everywhere.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Confirmation bias 

Remember there are people in the world, and in the Ten Club,  who believe the U.S. govt. Was behind the 9/11 attacks, and that President Obama was being the Newtown massacre.
    As is Putin.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Confirmation bias 

More like House of Cards.
    Confirmation bias 

Wait, I thought that Newtown didn't actually occur.....
    Confirmation bias 

More like House of Cards.
    I won't argue against that one quite as strongly.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    The reason I think that they were wearing those fake vests is two fold. 
    A it scares the f out of the public so they stay away and 
    B it means that the police will shot them.. Don't forget they want to die.. They don't want to spend the rest of there life in prison.. One of the nutters that killed Lee rigby is saying his sentence is wrong cos he's fighting a war... You work it out. Nutters 
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Its election time, UK current government is covering up arms deals with SA, BBC not reporting what the Labour party had to say on it. Only chance is for us to get the Tories out and make some serious changes! Thursday we vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcMW6RmC_w
    Nature drunk and High
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2017
    What a low move to come on here and talk shit on law enforcement during a tragedy like this
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    What a low move to come on here and talk shit on law enforcement during a tragedy like this
    I'm just waiting for the photo of the guy running away with his pint to be photoshopped into a police officer running away.
    Any minute now Unsung should be posting it...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    In every single thread I see the same person posting #fakenews and getting called out on it... over and over and over 
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    my2hands said:
    Well said old son 
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

What do these all have in common, other than some pathetic response?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    unsung said:

Can't be direct with your point, huh?
    unsung said:

They all begin with a hashtag?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    unsung said:

Some people believe prayer is helpful?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    unsung said:

Praying doesn't do shit?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Germans love giant tv screens?
    They all have the word "for" in them and Trump shouts it about as many times as it's listed on that screen per hole of golf he plays?

Brilliantati©
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    dignin said:
    unsung said:

Praying doesn't do shit?
    Praying won't stop it.