Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: The Champions - Round 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Light Years
    Again....
    Sorry to see pendulum go round one
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Inside Job
    NewJPage said:
    Sad is better than half these songs
    Solid tune but not better than the first five listed.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Inside Job
    My prediction:
    The next round will be an easy vote for me (likely I Am Mine) and then maybe Present Tense also goes next round (purely making this comment based on this round of voting). If this is the case (and I hate to do this) but then I have to vote against Given To Fly (again, I really hate to do it but I think some of you will be in the same boat) and either Release (better live than on the album) or Corduroy (backlash due to overplay) also goes out. I'm gonna guess Corduroy still makes it through to the final for any epic battle against RVM.

But what do I know?

Edit: Or maybe all five 1990's songs make it through to round 4 as none of them receive the minimum 10 votes while I Am Mine grabs about 120 of them.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I Am Mine
    how does Inside Job have this many votes?  I don't get it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Light Years
    It's madness. And Light Years is a great song...but it's not even close to being the best song on Binaural.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Inside Job

Well the competition against it is pretty good.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Inside Job
    It was this or Light Years. Neither are the best on their own albums so that makes it easy. It will be hard not to vote Release next round. It doesn't belong here either.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited June 2017
    Inside Job
    I just tried listening to Inside Job and couldn't get through it.  Just boring.  There are so many better songs on self-titled than Inside Job:  Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Army Reserve, Marker in the Sand.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Light Years
    tbergs said:
    It was this or Light Years. Neither are the best on their own albums so that makes it easy. It will be hard not to vote Release next round. It doesn't belong here either.
    Sums it up nicely.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Inside Job

I knew Kat was a Backspacer-hater.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Light Years
    It's madness. And Light Years is a great song...but it's not even close to being the best song on Binaural.
    Agreed on all points. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Light Years

I knew Kat was a Backspacer-hater.
    from the moment WASH nad DEEP isnt in the vote.,.Kat doesnt care which song will win ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Light Years
    Pendulum gone before Inside Job...

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    I Am Mine
    what happens if there´s a tie? like now between Light Years and I Am Mine? 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Release
    brianlux said:
    If I thought my vote meant anything at this point, I would run for my life.  :wink:  Release was just never my favorite on Ten.

Honestly being honest.  (I think that's a double somethingorother.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Release
    rgambs said:
    brianlux said:
    If I thought my vote meant anything at this point, I would run for my life.  :wink:  Release was just never my favorite on Ten.
    I'm on your team here, B-Luxe.
    Great song, but last on the album aside from Garden for me.  Oceans isn't better, but I like it a little better, and it's the first PJ song I heard live.

Release is great, but I wonder if PJ20 had never been made, would it have won the poll?

I think MendozK should have spent hours upon hours of his free time creating a gigantic double elimination tournament bracket for all PJ songs so we could have done this properly.
    Thank you Mr. Gambs!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Release
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    Bri, is the desert heat starting to affect your thinking? 

Haha!  Yes, but the only parts that are affected have to do with complex tasks like tying my shoes.  My auditory cortices, hippocampus and cerebellum are firing on all cylinders ! :smiley: 

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886
    Agreed on all points. 
    Thin Air....  Absolutely perfect.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Inside Job
    I believe both are eliminated.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Inside Job
    brianlux said:
    BLASPHEMER! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Light Years
    rummy said:
    I'm rooting for that tie. Eliminating both this round will make next round tougher and more interesting.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Release
    brianlux said:
    BLASPHEMER! 
    I know, haha.  You ever have one of those songs everybody is just crazy about but doesn't work for you?  I have no excuse!

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Light Years
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    BLASPHEMER! 
    I know, haha.  You ever have one of those songs everybody is just crazy about but doesn't work for you?  I have no excuse!
    My 2nd least favorite song of all time - Tiny Dancer.  Seems almost everybody loves that song and it is like nails (big nails) on a chalkboard to me. 

Stuff gets real next round when a song from the First Five needs to go.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Inside Job
    brianlux said:

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Given To Fly
    Pendulum gone before Inside Job...

Haha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pistol3pistol3 CO Posts: 159
    Present Tense
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    BLASPHEMER! 
    Yeah, that's Present Tense for me. Good lyrics, just don't love the music for it, boring AF. I realize I am very much in the minority on that.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Inside Job
    JimmyV said:
    rummy said:
    I'm rooting for that tie. Eliminating both this round will make next round tougher and more interesting.

Very true. It's an easy Light Years or I Am Mine vote (whichever makes it through) if no tie. Very tough choice if only the five 1990s songs remain.
  • Options
    Inside Job
    Wow. Five votes for RVM. Surprising.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Inside Job
    Round 2 has ended with Inside Job and I Am Mine eliminated.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Inside Job
    I am sad to see I am mine go...one of my favorites for sure.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.