Off the deep end... (U.S. pulls out of Paris Agreement)

124»

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,237
    It's a Chinese hoax, obviously.
    Trump said it so it must be true.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,913
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    I don't subscribe to the climate change cult.

The climate has changed for the entire existence of the planet.   Are there things we can do to make the world better?  Sure.  But I shouldn't be forced to buy a certain lightbulb when it is scorched earth in China to mine the materials.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

The climate has changed for the entire existence of the planet.   Are there things we can do to make the world better?  Sure.  But I shouldn't be forced to buy a certain lightbulb when it is scorched earth in China to mine the materials.

Yeah, it's always someone else's problem to fix.
    Start caring about the federal reserve and I'll start caring about some supposed climate change.
    Climate Change has always existed!
    Climate Change doesn't exist!

doublethink much?
    There is climate change, and there is extremist fanatical "climate change" where a bunch of people get rich on the taxpayer's expense. 
    I have absolutely no doubt someone is getting rich off  of propagating the idea of global warming.  Somebody somewhere is getting rich off of anything you can name.  But describing real climate change/ real global warming as "extremest fanatical"?  Now that is extremest and fanatical.
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    M.I.T.S.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via ChicagoPosts: 2,963
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:

unsung said:
    unsung said:

Start caring about the federal reserve and I'll start caring about some supposed climate change.

doublethink much?
    There is climate change, and there is extremist fanatical "climate change" where a bunch of people get rich on the taxpayer's expense. 
    I have absolutely no doubt someone is getting rich off  of propagating the idea of global warming.  Somebody somewhere is getting rich off of anything you can name.  But describing real climate change/ real global warming as "extremest fanatical"?  Now that is extremest and fanatical.
    Better for people to get rich saving the planet, rather than people getting rich by destroying it. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16
    CM189191 said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:

unsung said:
    unsung said:

doublethink much?
    Better for people to get rich saving the planet, rather than people getting rich by destroying it. 
    Yes!  Much better option!
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    M.I.T.S.
  • dignindignin Posts: 5,195
    unsung said:
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:

unsung said:
    unsung said:

doublethink much?
    There is climate change, and there is extremist fanatical "climate change" where a bunch of people get rich on the taxpayer's expense
    Haha. You sure have been drinking the cool-aid. 
    As much as I know and have said that local weather is not the same as global climate, I can't help but continue to be astounded by the bizarre weather we are having here out west.  As I write this in the middle of the day, 3:00 PM, June 11, 2017, the temperature outside is 49 degrees F (9.44 C) and it is hailing!  In mid-June!  In my almost 21 years here in El Dorado County, I cannot ever remember it raining let alone cold and hailing.  And according to NOAA's seven day forecast,  the high temperature this coming Saturday will be at least 35 degrees F warmer (i.e hot) (NOAA has been very accurate in it's weather forecasts).

M.I.T.S.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 9,220
    Just 5 days ago I posted about how my heat kicked on in the middle of the night. Saturday, 2 days later, I had all the windows in the house open and was sweating profusely all day long.  Last night I caved and put my a/c units in.
    Just 5 days ago I posted about how my heat kicked on in the middle of the night. Saturday, 2 days later, I had all the windows in the house open and was sweating profusely all day long.  Last night I caved and put my a/c units in.
    Our extremes are bumping up here as well. Now it appears that by Saturday, our temps will have jumped up 48 degrees F in one week.  Crazy.
    M.I.T.S.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 11,534
    brianlux said:
    Our extremes are bumping up here as well. Now it appears that by Saturday, our temps will have jumped up 48 degrees F in one week.  Crazy.
    that's every week in my neck of the woods. 
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I might have to try that fry an egg on the sidewalk thing this weekend.  Sacramento is supposed to hit 108!  Shitballs o' fire!
    M.I.T.S.
    Dang!

...and it continues through next week!
    M.I.T.S.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 12,725
    6th Great Mass Exctinction in full swing... we are the planets first super predator... swallowing up everything in our path... laying waste to the environment and animal kingdom... extraction... exploitation... 

The aristocrat choir sings, "what's the ruckus"?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 12,725
    God Bless Neil Young

my2hands said:
    6th Great Mass Exctinction in full swing... we are the planets first super predator... swallowing up everything in our path... laying waste to the environment and animal kingdom... extraction... exploitation... 

The aristocrat choir sings, "what's the ruckus"?
    Yep.  Pearl Jam, Self Titled, side one, track two.  We're doing it.
    M.I.T.S.
    Talk about hot:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/20/15837804/phoenix-extreme-heat-american-airlines-flight-cancel-science

It’s so hot in Phoenix, planes are physically unable to fly

M.I.T.S.
124»