Labels, yea or nay?

13»

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I regularly fly harbour to harbour if I need to be in downtown Vancouver. It's very convenient and a great, scenic flight provided the weather is decent. Pricing depends on the time of day and whether you want it to be refundable or not. There's no security check; you only have to be there half an hour before you fly. The only problem is that it totally doesn't work if you are flying on anywhere else, since you're nowhere near the airport. 

I've  heard of the new harbour to harbour ferry. I think it takes about four hours so probably not a convenient option; more of a scenic, touristy one. I actually don't mind the Swartz Bay/Tsawassen route - it's  pretty damn beauriful, too. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2017
    I regularly fly harbour to harbour if I need to be in downtown Vancouver. It's very convenient and a great, scenic flight provided the weather is decent. Pricing depends on the time of day and whether you want it to be refundable or not. There's no security check; you only have to be there half an hour before you fly. The only problem is that it totally doesn't work if you are flying on anywhere else, since you're nowhere near the airport. 

I've  heard of the new harbour to harbour ferry. I think it takes about four hours so probably not a convenient option; more of a scenic, touristy one. I actually don't mind the Swartz Bay/Tsawassen route - it's  pretty damn beauriful, too. 
    Well at least now the skytrain goes from the harbour to YVR now. I figured that would kind of make up for it not being near the airport.
    Yeah, The Tswwassen terminal gives a nice scenic trip, but it is practically impossible to get there without a car. Downtown is easy peasy. Skytrain rocks. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata