Options

For anyone asking how Ed could tour right after Chris's death

Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,105
Was reading an article about Gregg Allman's passing and this quote really stood out and perhaps can give a little insight as to Ed's thinking right now...

"In a 2015 interview with Dan Rather, Allman detailed his many failed attempts at rehab and how the stage could numb just about any kind of pain.

"I've walked onstage with an abscessed tooth and as soon as you get out there, it goes away," Allman said. "Walk offstage, it comes back. It's the land of no pain."

https://www.yahoo.com/music/gregg-allman-soulful-trailblazer-southern-rock-dies-69-190958624.html

Comments

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206
    I can totally understand this. Nobody who can judge Ed has an inkling of the pain the man is in right now.
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    I would say it's a good thing for Eddie to have something to focus on that allows him to go out and do what he does best, rather than sitting around at home.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    I remember seeing an interview with Dave Grohl after Kurt died where he addressed the people saying they didn't think he should be starting a new band so soon afterwards. 

He pretty much said "This is what I do. I make music. Deal with it.".

I figure Ed is an adult and he is capable of making his own decisions. If he wants to continue playing, I hope he does. I also hope that he doesn't get caught up in trying to justify his decisions to strangers. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    Thats like asking how any person can do anything after someone they know passes. 

People have to do their job. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Music heals and unites
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    yield2me said:
    Music heals and unites
    Yes!!! ✊️
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited May 2017
    From what I've read Ed had a pretty powerful performance opening night. Its still got to be hard for him though.  Even more respect for you......

Post edited by Stickman24 on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Who cares...