*** Eddie Vedder Amsterdam 1 Fanviews Here 5/27/17 ***

2»

Comments

  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,012
    I can't understand how he got through singing Song of Good Hope

    so glad Glen is there on this tour with him 
    Amen. That's a hard song to get through emotionally even BEFORE the recent tragic events. 
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,097
    Heavy. Wow. Quite honestly have zero interest in hearing/seeing anything from it though. 
    that's exactly how I feel as well.  I'm still so bummed out a week later so I obviously can't imagine how he must be feeling.  He is such a strong strong man to be able to perform at all.  Music does help us heal as he said and it was such a deep setlist, I'm not sure nor is he probably that I'll be able to begin that healing process anytime soon.  His strength is amazing & inspiring.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,012
    Had Man of the Hour or Thumbing My Way been played...ugh. That would have been a tear inducer just from seeing it on the list. 
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 2,629
    I got this picture from facebook. The face says it all.
    I'm
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 1,814
    edited May 28
    Looks like the sort of set you'd love to get your hands on as a boot! Some Ed solo, PJ, covers, duets with Glen. 
    In what way would that differ from any EV solo show?
    I was probably stating the obvious there of course. More so the specific song choice was what I was getting at. Especially with the events leading up to the show. I'm starting to think though that Ed solo shows will never see the light of day. And that's ok. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • CH51831CH51831 Posts: 5
    What an amazing setlist. The man is clearly grieving. Unfortunately, I've spent some time reading negative bullshit the last couple days about how Ed should have handled things in reguards to Chris. It makes me lose faith in people. How can anybody judge or criticize somebody on their grieving process? If Ed didn't attend the funeral, he had his reasons. Plain and simple. I was at the TOD show in Seattle, and thought it was a given Ed would show up. Sure I was disappointed he didn't, but you can bet he had his reasons. My point is, as much as we feel a connection to our heroes, what goes on in their private lives is none of our business. Enjoy the gifts they choose to share with us and leave it at that. We are all blessed to share the journey. Enjoy the shows Europe and keep safe. 
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 2,855
    God bless Eddie. I know that show must have been so emotional for him. May it help in the healing. I'm sure being among fans who truly care about him really helps too.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • redrawredraw Posts: 707
    CH51831 said:
    What an amazing setlist. The man is clearly grieving. Unfortunately, I've spent some time reading negative bullshit the last couple days about how Ed should have handled things in reguards to Chris. It makes me lose faith in people. How can anybody judge or criticize somebody on their grieving process? If Ed didn't attend the funeral, he had his reasons. Plain and simple. I was at the TOD show in Seattle, and thought it was a given Ed would show up. Sure I was disappointed he didn't, but you can bet he had his reasons. My point is, as much as we feel a connection to our heroes, what goes on in their private lives is none of our business. Enjoy the gifts they choose to share with us and leave it at that. We are all blessed to share the journey. Enjoy the shows Europe and keep safe. 
    Well said!!!
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • treestrees Columbus OHIOPosts: 252
    Great setlist Thankw  for the music eV.

    PJ Cincinnatti OH 3/30/1992
    PJ Columbus OH 3/31/1992
    PJ Cleveland OH 4/2/1992
    PJ Cleveland OH 3/22/94
    PJ Toledo OH 9/22/96
    PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Toledo OH 10/2/2004
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016

    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/ /2017

    #1SHAWNSMITH#2RNDM#1Janes Addiction#2RedHotChiliPepers#3Deftones#1Tool#1NeilYoung&CrazyHorse. #2TheVeils#7LiamFinn EJ#3Tinariwen#3SleaterKinney#2SonicYouth#1CorinTuckerBand #2 IronMaiden1#BlackSabbath#4QOTSA#2SoicalD#2BadReligon#7Cloud Cults#1CheapTrick#1SmashingPumpkins#1DieAntwoord#3JohnDoe#1KingsX
  • Glorified_NGlorified_N Posts: 56
    Amazing set list, I've seen a few images from the show and it's evident from the look on Ed's face that the man is grieving and if it wasn't evident by looking at him, it certainly became more obvious with the choice of songs for the night.

  • AlezAlez Posts: 2
    Cannot wait. I'll be in Amsterdam tomorrow evening...thanks for sharing the setlist. Just one question, seats are guaranteed or we need to wait for numbers on our hands?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,229
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • TaftTaft Posts: 433
    Dark Days is not a Punch Brothers song. I mentioned on the set list thread it's a song by Fergus O'Farrell, from Interference, an Irish legend who died recently too, at the young age of 48 yr old. 

    He had a voice to rival Chris Cornell's and was a close friend of Glen's. A lot of pain at that show for both Ed and Glen. Here's Dark Days:


  • texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 893
    edited May 28
    Coming from a punk background, EV covering fugazi is something else. 
    MIND BLOWN.

    I know fugazi aren't a straight up punk band but Ian Mackaye, dischord records, minor threat, being the bastions of DIY. Just wow. Hope this is a staple for this tour
    Post edited by texasistheSTEVEN on
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 62
    peng said:
    Yeah! Cool, huh?

    I just hope if Eddie sees it he understands that was very much my interpretation of the show. Not meaning to sound definitive and mislead.That was very much what I took away from it. Still can't get a single minute out of my head today.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Manchester 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 421
    any video of light years?


    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 10,707
    Thank you for posting Glen's setlist too. He is so much more than just an opening act on these tours.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • sander_jam76sander_jam76 Posts: 104
    Alez said:
    Cannot wait. I'll be in Amsterdam tomorrow evening...thanks for sharing the setlist. Just one question, seats are guaranteed or we need to wait for numbers on our hands?
    Seats are guaranteed, although sometimes people confuse row numbers a bit so you might want to politely ask people to move :)
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 124
    I have 10C tickets for the 3rd show on Tuesday. Since the tickets were so expensive I planned on going to just one show. And then Chris happened. I had a real hard time with that. Last Saturday afternoon I really felt the urge to also go to the first Amsterdam show. I bought a ticket far below face value and rushed to the venue. 

    I saw a broken man who tried to do what he does best. He tried to give his best, to entertain. But is was very clear his mind was elsewhere. I felt that almost every song was related to Chris. He improvised lyrical changes. It was the most intense 'Sometimes' I had ever heard. He sang 'Dear God....Where were you..' a couple of times. This was only the third song and I already almost lost it. Long Road, Light Years, I am Mine, Without You. When he sang 'the Needle and the Damage Done' he could barely do it. His voice was cracking, he was almost whispering. The line: 'but every junkie's
    like a settin' sun' was heartbreaking. He just couldn't say the word 'junkie'. 

    In the encore he was just walking around before he went at the organ. He improvised some lines with some chords, not sure but I believe he sang: 'oooh...let me grief..' Then the chord changed in a simple melody. The improv became 'Im So Tired' (by Fugazi). Wow, so strong everyone felt it. Then he performed 'the End' (with a string quartet), and there was another line he just couldn't sing: 'How it pains to leave you here,...With the kids on your own'. He could not sing 'with the kids on your own', just silence...When the song was done he walking around he wanted to leave the stage, he really didn't know what to do. I felt like he walked around for ages. He almost left and before he decided to end the show on a high note with RitFw and Hard Sun.

    A broken man gave everything. A born entertainer who had to work very very hard to overcome his own emotions. A performance like no other.

    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • cv658133cv658133 Posts: 17
    That setlist is incredible
  • KetevanTBKetevanTB Posts: 5
    edited June 1
    .

    Post edited by Sea on
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 16,687
    On a lighter note: 07. Longing To Belong (with Jonas Pap playing cello) :smile:
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.


    Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
  • I don't know if the version I found is the same as the one above, but holy cow.  Just made it through it and that was incredible.  Pretty flawless for an audience recording and therapeutic for anyone that hears it IMO.
  • rerohareroha Posts: 2
    Joostone said:
    I have 10C tickets for the 3rd show on Tuesday. Since the tickets were so expensive I planned on going to just one show. And then Chris happened. I had a real hard time with that. Last Saturday afternoon I really felt the urge to also go to the first Amsterdam show. I bought a ticket far below face value and rushed to the venue. 

    I saw a broken man who tried to do what he does best. He tried to give his best, to entertain. But is was very clear his mind was elsewhere. I felt that almost every song was related to Chris. He improvised lyrical changes. It was the most intense 'Sometimes' I had ever heard. He sang 'Dear God....Where were you..' a couple of times. This was only the third song and I already almost lost it. Long Road, Light Years, I am Mine, Without You. When he sang 'the Needle and the Damage Done' he could barely do it. His voice was cracking, he was almost whispering. The line: 'but every junkie's
    like a settin' sun' was heartbreaking. He just couldn't say the word 'junkie'. 

    In the encore he was just walking around before he went at the organ. He improvised some lines with some chords, not sure but I believe he sang: 'oooh...let me grief..' Then the chord changed in a simple melody. The improv became 'Im So Tired' (by Fugazi). Wow, so strong everyone felt it. Then he performed 'the End' (with a string quartet), and there was another line he just couldn't sing: 'How it pains to leave you here,...With the kids on your own'. He could not sing 'with the kids on your own', just silence...When the song was done he walking around he wanted to leave the stage, he really didn't know what to do. I felt like he walked around for ages. He almost left and before he decided to end the show on a high note with RitFw and Hard Sun.

    A broken man gave everything. A born entertainer who had to work very very hard to overcome his own emotions. A performance like no other.

    This broke my heart... thank you for sharing 
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,440
    Please release this as a bootleg with all proceeds going to a mental health charity. 
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    __________________________________________________________
    Shameless beer-related plugs:
    Instagram/Twitter/Untappd: FtMyersBeerGuy
  • PJDowPJDow Posts: 16
    hey everyone...I know this is a long shot but if anyone found my blue EV europe tour tshirt that fell out of by back pocket after the first show when I was running to get to my taxi ( i know I should have worn it...).   it was an XL.  Anyways I am not expecting it back but I really hope a fellow 10c fan found it for them!  and well if you did find it and thinking you want to give it back I would love to give you a couple things from my mystery box that interests you :)  cheers all
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.