Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    vest71 said:
    As a Dane I can´t help being a little pissed when I see "Copenhagen" written on the items... It is actually very arrogant ( and the artist comes out as an uneducated jerk ) to think that Denmark is only Copenhagen. 
    Geez that's overreacting. I guess you'd rather they just not come?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    vest71 said:
    As a Dane I can´t help being a little pissed when I see "Copenhagen" written on the items... It is actually very arrogant ( and the artist comes out as an uneducated jerk ) to think that Denmark is only Copenhagen. 
    Really? Don't buy anything then. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    edited May 2017
    Any word on hats yet?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    PJNB said:
    Any word on hats yet?
    Supposed to be on sale as of tonight's show.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • hyperbullethyperbullet Posts: 81
    Anyone else think that charging €175 for the signed poster is a bit much? Before anyone says "No ones forcing you to buy it", point taken. But adding €140 onto the price just for EV signature is steep. Or am I wrong and that's generally how much signed EV merch goes for?
  • superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 367
    I imagine that is the hat! Must have this!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Anyone else think that charging €175 for the signed poster is a bit much? Before anyone says "No ones forcing you to buy it", point taken. But adding €140 onto the price just for EV signature is steep. Or am I wrong and that's generally how much signed EV merch goes for?
    I think that is cheap as hell.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    Anyone else think that charging €175 for the signed poster is a bit much? Before anyone says "No ones forcing you to buy it", point taken. But adding €140 onto the price just for EV signature is steep. Or am I wrong and that's generally how much signed EV merch goes for?I

Typically EV donates the $ to a charity. He's done that in the past with his solo shows and autographed posters
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    mcgruff10 said:
    vest71 said:
    Really? Don't buy anything then. 
    I won´t buy that poster ... mr. New York ...
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
    Why only 8 though especially if its going to charity? Just promotes people camping out a flipping again. If they get stuck with leftovers put them up on 10club. I will never understand why they do the merch the way they do.
    I woulds happily pay it if I was at the show.
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:

No mr. Chicago .... You missing the point
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    vest71 said:
    I'm from Akron and if they don't include Ohio on to the end of it, I'm not offended.  I'm not offended if they shorten Cincinnati to Cincy, or Indianapolis to Indy.  So many more things in the world for me to be offended about.  Starvation, killing, bombing, death and loss . . . 

And yes, some of my family is from Denmark.  Not offended by Copenhagen either.  But then, wait . . . should I be?  ;)  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2017
    Typically EV donates the $ to a charity. He's done that in the past with his solo shows and autographed posters
    Yea, I got one from the Memphis 2012 show. Think they were $150 then, with the proceeds going to EB research.

Post edited by MedozK on
    vest71 said:
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:

I've never been to Denmark...never will be. Google map seems to think the show is less than a 2 hour drive from Copenhagen. If that's not close enough for you to not be bothered, then you're just looking for something to complain about.
    MedozK said:
    Yea, I got one from the Memphis 2012 show. Think they were $150 then, with the proceeds going to EB research.

That is sweet. Did they sell out in like 5 minutes?
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:

I've never been to Denmark...never will be. Google map seems to think the show is less than a 2 hour drive from Copenhagen. If that's not close enough for you to not be bothered, then you're just looking for something to complain about.
    So you would be ok with a Chicago show being labeled Milwaukee on the poster then? While his manner of getting his point across was way to strong I would be annoyed a little that if Eddie ever came to my town (would never happen) and they called it a different town. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Sarava said:
    MedozK said:

That is sweet. Did they sell out in like 5 minutes?
    The only had 10, so you had to be the first 10 in line.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    I want a few of those coasters! I really need some. If anyone has 1, 2, or 3 spares, I'd love to purchase. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Simple and to the point. The top looks rounded instead of square which is a nice change.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    vest71 said:
    I'm not defending your choice of language regarding the artist but looking on a map, it seems quite far away to be calling it Copenhagen but hey I live in Scotland and people often refer to us as being in England or that England and the UK are the same. About time EV or Pearl Jam played here.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited May 2017
    PJNB said:
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:

So you would be ok with a Chicago show being labeled Milwaukee on the poster then? While his manner of getting his point across was way to strong I would be annoyed a little that if Eddie ever came to my town (would never happen) and they called it a different town. 

Much like the PJ20 hoodies...

East Troy, Michigan!! :rofl:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

PJNB said:
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:
    Sarava said:
    vest71 said:

Yeah Id' say referring to Ed as an uneducated jerk is a little strong.

Now doing a quick google, it seems like the area of the Denmark castle is a lightly populated area. So really, maybe they could have just said Denmark? 

But if you want to compare it to such things here near me...Alpine Valley has been a big Chicago stop over the decades. Not so much anymore, but anyway. From the many shows I've gone to at Alpine, some shirts or posters say Alpine Valley, some say East Troy, some say Chicago, and some say Milwaukee. And I don't recall anyone complaining no matter what it said :)

• cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
    picture from Lars
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Everytime they've played Camden, NJ the poster and shirts have said Philly.
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087

This design for the tour shirts that https://www.instagram.com/travispriceillustration/ did is fantastic. The guitar/wave is great. I hope this design is used on other shirts besides this tour because he hit it out of the ballpark with this IMO. Take my money!

Take my money too! I love this design! Hope they end up in the shop here.
    "A beacon on dry land"
    edited May 2017

Post edited by demetrios on
    edited May 2017

cardoso said:
    picture from Lars
    Really liking the black hat. Hope it fits better then the past tours. As someone mentioned it looks rounder on the top which is great!