Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Were there any signed prints for London night two or did they all go on night one? I didn't see any if so, like any empty area on the merch wall to indicate something was there either or a price tag of any sort. Thought there were signed poster each night though that was my inclination. Either way no Zippos night two or stickers.  

demetrios said:

Still looking for one of those Steelers pics if anyone as lucky enough to get one at one of the shows. Lots to trade.
    Yes there was, i was lucky enough to snag one. Signed right between the bridge, Its the variant poster - darker sky
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    derbydave said:
    NoWay said:
    I hope only a few were affected and can be replaced.  Would suck if it was the whole print run.  

It definitely wasn't the whole run...I've talked with others who purchased the AP and they have no issue.

Haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, so guessing this may be the only print with the missing details.

This is an interesting scenario. What if you end up having a one-of-kind variant. Would you return it if offered a replacement or keep it, even though it's maybe not attractive enough to frame and display on your wall?
    Personally, I'd keep it. Pretty cool to have an actual "one-of-a-kind" piece of art. 
    I look forward to hearing the response you get. Have you also tried contacting Ken, or only Mitch?
    Please keep us posted.
  • fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    pdalowsky said:
    Were there any signed prints for London night two or did they all go on night one? I didn't see any if so, like any empty area on the merch wall to indicate something was there either or a price tag of any sort. Thought there were signed poster each night though that was my inclination. Either way no Zippos night two or stickers.  

demetrios said:

Still looking for one of those Steelers pics if anyone as lucky enough to get one at one of the shows. Lots to trade.
    Yes there was, i was lucky enough to snag one. Signed right between the bridge, Its the variant poster - darker sky
    Why am i not shocked that u already landed a signed version of a new legend :lol:
    fanofzs said:
    Looks similar but all of the G N' R posters (and the ones the Stones sell at their shows, too) are not silkscreens but just lithos.
    Much easier for lithos to be reprinted (authorized or otherwise) than silkscreens.
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    pdalowsky said:

demetrios said:

Thanks for letting me know. DAMN!!!
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2017
    derbydave said:
    NoWay said:
    I hope only a few were affected and can be replaced.  Would suck if it was the whole print run.  

It definitely wasn't the whole run...I've talked with others who purchased the AP and they have no issue.

Haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, so guessing this may be the only print with the missing details.

That would be crazy if yours was the only one... but then again... cha ching =) .. crazy RARE misprint.
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    100 Pacer said:
    Froggie said:
    What's the 88 reference on the pic i wonder?
    Lynn Swann. 
    Thanks, haven't a clue about football, but Ed gave me a pick in Cork :)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I would want the correct  print... those cloud's really fall flat without the detail 

People are WAY too consumed with the value of this stuff
    my2hands said:
    I would want the correct  print... those cloud's really fall flat without the detail 

I agree 200%. That's why I commented in such a 'tongue-n-cheek' kinda way. PJ merchandise and memorabilia have become such commodities. Everyone wants to know how many were made.. how rare is this... how much can I flip/trade it for... sad but true.
    Most of which are post 2010 anyways because that is when it became more art and less throw something random and weird on a poster and call it a day. 
    I disagree... plenty of great prints pre-2009... and PLENTY of clunkers since 2010
    MedozK said:
    my2hands said:

I agree 200%. That's why I commented in such a 'tongue-n-cheek' kinda way. PJ merchandise and memorabilia have become such commodities. Everyone wants to know how many were made.. how rare is this... how much can I flip/trade it for... sad but true.
    Absolutely... i wasnt busting your stones about your comment, i knew what you were saying...

unfortunately I don't see this long building trend changing anytime soon... how much is a Benny now? Cracker Jack? New PJ prints are WAY overhyped and over valued... there is no way any print from the last few years should be worth more than a 96 or 98 print... but to each his own

BUT, if I was Dave, I would be tempted to sell it as a rare one of a kind misprint variant... like you said, CHA-CHING!!! lol
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Is the Welker drop tonight?
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    MedozK said:
    my2hands said:

I'm with you guys... I didn't buy this poster as an "investment."

I bought it because I LOVE the design of this poster and am a huge fan of Ken Taylor's work.

I sent Mitch at postersandtoys.com an email on Sunday with the same pictures I posted here, hoping to get a replacement for this print.

I haven't heard anything back from him yet, so as someone else earlier suggested...I messaged Ken Taylor on Facebook.

Hopefully he'll get back to me about this issue!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:
    MedozK said:
    my2hands said:

I bought it because I LOVE the design of this poster and am a huge fan of Ken Taylor's work.

I sent Mitch at postersandtoys.com an email on Sunday with the same pictures I posted here, hoping to get a replacement for this print.

I haven't heard anything back from him yet, so as someone else earlier suggested...I messaged Ken Taylor on Facebook.

Yea, hopefully you can get another. I agree that the clouds look a lot better with the added detail.
    I love that print... Ken taylor always knocks it out of the park... 

Hope you get sorted out... 

Or maybe you could have your friend doctor it up like that AMAZING Hampton print you have
    derbydave said:
    MedozK said:
    my2hands said:

It was I that suggested you contact Ken Taylor directly.
    And if he does send you a replacement poster and let's you keep the first one I'd be happy to buy it from you.
    I, like most of us, got shut out on the AP sale.
    Thank you!
  • fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    shecky said:
    fanofzs said:
    Looks similar but all of the G N' R posters (and the ones the Stones sell at their shows, too) are not silkscreens but just lithos.
    Much easier for lithos to be reprinted (authorized or otherwise) than silkscreens.
    Ah, ok.  Looked like a possible Mumford.
    fanofzs said:
    shecky said:
    fanofzs said:
    "Ah, ok.  Looked like a possible Mumford."
    Oh, I see - you were talking strictly artwork-wise.
    Yeah, the G N' R poster is very cool but to my eye has none of the imagination, magic, depth that Dan's Eddie poster has.
    I'm hopeful the shop will have plenty of these after the tour ends for those of us not quick enough at the AP drop the other day.
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    demetrios said:
    Just 5 more weeks to wait now.... Can't wait to see this in person. 
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    demetrios said:

That looks awesome.  I can't wait to see this in person!

Any word on the Welker drop?  I heard someone say Friday would make sense, but still no official word?
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    edited June 2017
    SJD3232 said:
    demetrios said:

Any word on the Welker drop?  I heard someone say Friday would make sense, but still no official word?
    (Un)official word is next Wednesday on bottleneck and "probably" it will not be a lottery.  Word from the gallery, not from Welker
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    SJD3232 said:
    demetrios said:

(Un)official word is next Wednesday on bottleneck and "probably" it will not be a lottery.  Word from the gallery, not from Welker
    Thanks, Andy!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    She's a beaut! :)

demetrios said:

Wow! She is, indeed!
    I place this poster neck and neck with the Dan Mumford for best of tour.
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

Wow! She is, indeed!
    I just can't get by the incredibly hairy right arm, but everything else is ok.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    MedozK said:
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

Wow! She is, indeed!
    I just can't get by the incredibly hairy right arm, but everything else is ok.
    I think Dublin is pretty cool