Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Lightning Bolt Round 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited May 2017 in The Porch
Moving on to Round 2
Sleeping By Myself, Let The Records Play, and My Father's Son eliminated in Round 1.

Again, you are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" from the remaining list after a couple days I remove another three (3) songs with the most votes.

We will then move on to Round 3.

The poll will close on Saturday (5/27) at 3:00pm cst.

Poll--The Weakest Link: Lightning Bolt Round 2 149 votes

Getaway
3%
intodeepaurelgugusjunkyardJojoRicegvn2fly1421 5 votes
Mind Your Manners
4%
2-feign-reluctancejstu39SaravargambsCathy14drakeheuer14 6 votes
Sirens
22%
Dr. DelightAndySlash100 PacerEdge34pearljimlolobuggNamiBIGDaddyWilIndifference71BrainofBGAjoberschlakeRhinoJamHesCalledDyerJS81606TH113769KC138045RS151862CP218430KP278376jeff2040 33 votes
Lightning Bolt
2%
ledveddermandr. MowinckelgoldrushMRMACPHISTO75 4 votes
Infallible
10%
mcgruff10my_wavetunodamaidannynycratsjjflashgraham1978Cortez the Killer sent memayerdjmf5631whoanelly15joanmariePJfanwillneverleave1nutSmallestOceans 15 votes
Pendulum
0%
Swallowed Whole
10%
CantKeepmedownLondon BridgeForce Of NatureBettrMan21hm210980MedozKBLACK35zanette13tino_11Micheyb21oceaninmyeyesWeston1283RideTheWave93KB656988pashapasamanElleOceans10 16 votes
Yellow Moon
13%
elwayvedderigotid88ryph raphScreaming TreeFlying MXZScreamHello_33mcatakejarkkonieminenOnWis97IM160456FlyingwPaptylerjF Me In The BrainpearldavidsonBennyLaRuechadaw7623scidooSandy66Bethmi 20 votes
Future Days
33%
bonejeffbrNewJPageevenflow82releaseNYHebejebeBEnglish017lowenanbootlegger10a5pjpistol3Spiritual_ChaosNoloadmfc2006se7v7encutzPeasant TentsdudemanPA Jammertbergs 50 votes

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Future Days
    I think the right 3 songs went out in round 1, making round 2 much tougher to decide. I don't hate Future Days by any stretch but the BoB piano outro to end the album does bother me. And it was a lowpoint at Wrigley in 2013. Gotta vote for something and this is it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Mind Your Manners
    I can live with the results of the last round, to me this is a very solid 9 tracks.  Definitely a higher average score than the top 9 or 10 from Backspacer for me.

Lots of nature influence in the lyrics, which I love.
    This is a great wilderness​ album!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Infallible
    Future Days I can listen to at certain times depending on the time of day.
    Infallible is just........awful.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Future Days
    The future is now!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Infallible
    I really really dislike infallible.  Boring as hell live. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    Sirens
    It´s easy to say this one won´t pass the next round.

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Sirens
    Nothing lasts forever, even cold November Rain.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Mind Your Manners
    The Evenflow of Lightning Bolt
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sirens
    "Hear the Sirens...hear the sirens.."
    No Ed,  I'd really prefer not to hear the Sirens at all.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    edited May 2017
    Sirens
    I hope Yellow Moon at least makes it through this round! I love it!! 

LtRP eliminated...interesting, didn't realise the lack of support for this song. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Future Days
    Who is voting MYM at this point?  It is the most raw PJ song since Life Wasted, and has one of Mike's best (although short) solos.  Great crowd interaction at shows.  Even if you don't like it it is over in three minutes unlike Future Days or Sirens.  

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Sirens
    tried listening to this album today but didnt finish.... 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Mind Your Manners
    Who is voting MYM at this point?  It is the most raw PJ song since Life Wasted, and has one of Mike's best (although short) solos.  Great crowd interaction at shows.  Even if you don't like it it is over in three minutes unlike Future Days or Sirens.  

It was my first strategic vote.  I didn't want Yellow Moon or Swallowed Whole to go out yet.
    MYM is great, but it doesn't have the "burn one and really dive in" factor that the much of the album excels at.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Lightning Bolt
    Yeah I'm voting for Lightning Bolt. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
  • Options
    Mind Your Manners
    Hey everyone, this guy's a big fat phony!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Future Days
    The wanna fight about it line reminds me of The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle :) Yeah, I'll fight about it! That's a horrible choice.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Infallible
    Stop trolling.
    But to answer your question, no.
    LB is a great song.
  • Options
    Lightning Bolt
    rgambs said:
    Hey everyone, this guy's a big fat phony!
    Yeah. rgambs gets it!

pjfan, shockingly, not so much. 
  • Options
    Lightning Bolt
    I seriously can't be the only one who finds the lyrics to Lightning Bolt to be a bit...bad
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    edited May 2017
    Infallible
    I seriously can't be the only one who finds the lyrics to Lightning Bolt to be a bit...bad
    No definitely not but to say it is the weakest link amongst these songs?  My theory is you killed a bottle of Chardonnay a little too fast then voted. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lightning Bolt
    Ha! I'd be in big trouble if I got off the wagon! Especially in the name of Lightning Bolt. I was honestly down to this or Swallowed Whole and gave the edge to SW in the name of being more original. We've heard songs like Lightning Bolt before. I like when they push themselves sonically. 
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2017
    Infallible
    Ha! I'd be in big trouble if I got off the wagon! Especially in the name of Lightning Bolt. I was honestly down to this or Swallowed Whole and gave the edge to SW in the name of being more original. We've heard songs like Lightning Bolt before. I like when they push themselves sonically. 

I like how at the 3:30 live breakaway (and the studio breakaway) of LB captures the essence of the listener.
    EV just turns it over to Mike at 3:43 with a hand gesture with a look of  "take it over Mike" who unaware seems to just be doing his thing making this song incredible live.
    Yeah, Yeah.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfcqbsEIn-g
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yellow Moon
    I love Pearl Jam.  I even love the songs I don't really like because I love what this band is.
    That being said it is tough to gather love for a handful of songs....parachutes....bee girl....and Yellow Moon.  
    I will not go to the bathroom or get food.  I paid for the show and I love this band....but I really don't get this song.  I'll vote for it every time

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Infallible
    I love Pearl Jam.  I even love the songs I don't really like because I love what this band is.
    That being said it is tough to gather love for a handful of songs....parachutes....bee girl....and Yellow Moon.  
    I will not go to the bathroom or get food.  I paid for the show and I love this band....but I really don't get this song.  I'll vote for it every time

I plan ahead to make sure that I see the full show too.
    Nothing worse than someone leaving during a song to get something to eat.
    Holding it in until the much needed encore break is always welcome.
    Just don't be late to the first song of the encore.
  • Options
    Mind Your Manners

Do you ever look at the moon? 
    The lyrics are solid, the riff is tight and unique...good song!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Future Days

It is a three hour show.  You can miss a song or two to get some food, beverage or use the bathroom.  Why stand their being uncomfortable, hungry or thirsty when it only takes a couple minutes to do your thing and can hear the music from the concession stand anyway?
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Mind Your Manners

It is a three hour show.  You can miss a song or two to get some food, beverage or use the bathroom.  Why stand their being uncomfortable, hungry or thirsty when it only takes a couple minutes to do your thing and can hear the music from the concession stand anyway?
    Everyone is different I guess. I can't stand missing a second of the show, so I am strategic how I go about the whole evening so those situations dont arise. I paid for the show so no way I am missing any of it. And I had never actually seen someone eat at a concert until I saw a guy snacking on popcorn throughout a show once. I equate food consumption with a laid back atmosphere like a movie or something, not so much an up beat concert, so I will always find that strange honestly. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Lightning Bolt
    I'm with you on this. Sirens and Future Days are the obvious weak links here so why waste a vote? My next choice would be LB. It's not a bad song, it's just a bit... meh
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Infallible
    Get it outta here. Doesn't sound like a Pearl Jam song.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    Future Days
    People voting for Sirens over something like Future Days is making me depressed.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.