all questions about news media

2»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 8,182
    fife said:
    Print media is going away unfortunately.  Everyone wants short, quick stories.  I for one hate a dragged out story.  Give me the Who, where, how, why and When.  I don't need the back story or tangent of things irrelevant other than to fill up space.

Something else I dislike is people whom really know nothing about the subject but feel the need to push their agenda on the situation.  I think that's a turn off in any form of news media.

I also don't mind either form of medium as long as it's articulate, not biased and researched correctly.

If anything needs fixing it's the op-ed pieces that pass for news.  Hanity is not always news.  Matt Taibbi is not always news.

Do more reporting and less rabble rousing.
    Hey Tempo, I understand what you are saying here but I do have some questions.  it seems to me that you are kindof wanting different things at the same time.  if as people we want the 3 W of the WHO, THE WHAT, THE WHERE then stories have to be long sometimes. 

I don't like the 10 page articles that include filler.That type of info should be in sidebars.  Y'all remember sidebars right?
  • fifefife Posts: 3,026
    fife said:
    Print media is going away unfortunately.  Everyone wants short, quick stories.  I for one hate a dragged out story.  Give me the Who, where, how, why and When.  I don't need the back story or tangent of things irrelevant other than to fill up space.

Something else I dislike is people whom really know nothing about the subject but feel the need to push their agenda on the situation.  I think that's a turn off in any form of news media.

I also don't mind either form of medium as long as it's articulate, not biased and researched correctly.

If anything needs fixing it's the op-ed pieces that pass for news.  Hanity is not always news.  Matt Taibbi is not always news.

Do more reporting and less rabble rousing.
    Hey Tempo, I understand what you are saying here but I do have some questions.  it seems to me that you are kindof wanting different things at the same time.  if as people we want the 3 W of the WHO, THE WHAT, THE WHERE then stories have to be long sometimes. 

I don't like the 10 page articles that include filler.That type of info should be in sidebars.  Y'all remember sidebars right?
    ok now i get it. 
2»