Options

Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff, Boom.... We love you.

13»

Comments

• Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff, Boom, Kelly, George, Liz, Karrie, Simon, Tim, Kat, Sea, Santos, etc, etc, etc... the entire Pearl Jam/Ten Club family!  Glad to have you ALL around.

Guys, give yourselves a hug from me! :)
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I have only met a couple of the guys once or twice and they are moments I will never forget.  I know them through their music, music I have listened to since I was a teenager. When I was a kid I had a horrible dad who abused us. It was severe. Many, many days as my dad was busy busting up the house (again) I would hide behind my bed, shaking, hoping to God he didn't come into my room and make me next. I'd shake, I'd throw up I was so scared. We were dirt poor and music was all I had.

I had a $300 guitar I'd saved up for and Pearl Jam. I wanted nothing more than to die and be away from the monster I lived with. To put this bluntly, Pearl Jam's music saved my life.  And it's no less serious than if I fell overboard on a boat and someone threw me a life raft. PJ was my raft. If it wasn't for them I absolutely know in all my heart I wouldn't be here today.  Fast forward 20+ years and I have cancer. It's pretty bad this time and I'm not sure what my destiny holds. And again...I'm here because of them.  So boys, I owe you my life, and if I could give my life to take away your pain right now I would. I know you are all suffering, please know how much you are loved. By all of us here. Your dedicated, multi-decade long 10 Clubbers. We love you like family and always, always will be here, grieving with you. When one of you hurts, WE hurt.  Hearing about Chris was absolutely devastating to all of us and we just want you to know how much you are loved, and we hope you are all ok.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    I have only met a couple of the guys once or twice and they are moments I will never forget.  I know them through their music, music I have listened to since I was a teenager. When I was a kid I had a horrible dad who abused us. It was severe. Many, many days as my dad was busy busting up the house (again) I would hide behind my bed, shaking, hoping to God he didn't come into my room and make me next. I'd shake, I'd throw up I was so scared. We were dirt poor and music was all I had.

I had a $300 guitar I'd saved up for and Pearl Jam. I wanted nothing more than to die and be away from the monster I lived with. To put this bluntly, Pearl Jam's music saved my life.  And it's no less serious than if I fell overboard on a boat and someone threw me a life raft. PJ was my raft. If it wasn't for them I absolutely know in all my heart I wouldn't be here today.  Fast forward 20+ years and I have cancer. It's pretty bad this time and I'm not sure what my destiny holds. And again...I'm here because of them.  So boys, I owe you my life, and if I could give my life to take away your pain right now I would. I know you are all suffering, please know how much you are loved. By all of us here. Your dedicated, multi-decade long 10 Clubbers. We love you like family and always, always will be here, grieving with you. When one of you hurts, WE hurt.  Hearing about Chris was absolutely devastating to all of us and we just want you to know how much you are loved, and we hope you are all ok.
    Try to erase this - from the blackboard!, And look forward and consentrate on the great days and i hope you will have many of them, and that f*** cancer can F*** O**

What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Love each and everyone of you! All my 10Clubbers as well. Be safe,be sound,and let's continue looking out for one another.
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356

Try to erase this - from the blackboard!, And look forward and consentrate on the great days and i hope you will have many of them, and that f*** cancer can F*** O**

I was in the hosp and the guy taking me to my ultrasound's name was Jeremy...I told him I think I'm in good hands, LOL
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    joanna4136joanna4136 Rhode Island Posts: 22
    Please be gentle with yourselves, guys. Sending pure love.
    Be strong, be loved.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Pearl Jam, 10 Club, and all the friends & families
    Hearts and Thoughts
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    ZL266075ZL266075 Posts: 5
    Sending thoughts to you all. pj, soundgarden 10cl. 
  • Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    They say you never stop learning and it couldn't be more true today. Probably like many of us, I have literally grown up with band, but with them as big brothers. I was in grade 5 when ten came out. I have learned so much from these guys.
    I grew up in a very volatile family and didn't receive much direction on how what it meant to be a decent human or good dad or great husband.
     During this past week I made some posts I regret, it's been a difficult time.
    Eddie thanks for once again teaching me what it means to be a decent, loving man. 
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    My thoughts and prayers are with Chris's family and friends!!! I hope for some sort of peace for those that have been left behind! I hope that all the fans find some sort of peace as well! This is a really tough loss for all of those that loved Chris for whatever reason it may be! His music, words and his wisdom will live on forever!!! I also want to applaud Eddie for playing his concert! I can't even imagine the difficulty and the pain that he must have felt while performing! Music is a healer and we must begin there! Much love to all of you! ✊️
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg