Options

Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff, Boom.... We love you.

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    (((((((((((((((((((((((Ed, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt & Boom)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Good ole fashioned hippy healing vibes being sent your way.
    Its the painful moments in life that help you find a deeper appreciation for what you have.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited May 2017
    Beautiful thread Jen. Unexpected death leaves too many of us with feelings of regret for things left unsaid and actions we didn't take. Say it now. Do it now, while you have the chance.

To the members of the band and those who support them: I love you guys. You have lightened my load so many times, and made walking the long road a little easier. We are carrying you in our hearts today and every day and wishing you peace.
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    Today and every day it's vital to say the words and be persistent about it. Support the people you care about. You are in our hearts and thoughts today. 
    here, here! We love you Pearl Jam, and we're grieving with you today. 
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    we love you guys
  • Options
    U_it'sUUUU_it'sUUU Posts: 75
    I logged in back here after sooooo many months...I just needed to feel I am here with all you people, I needed to feel you are all here with me, all you Pearl Jam friends, and all of you, Pearl Jam. I love you and i cannot believe what you must be going through. Be well, be safe, be alive, no matter what. Live happy with your families. We love you. 
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    Light Years lyrics running through my mind all day. Hearts and thoughts are with you all. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Today and every day it's vital to say the words and be persistent about it. Support the people you care about. You are in our hearts and thoughts today. 
    This says it all.  Perfect words.  Thanks, shetellsheself.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Light Years lyrics running through my mind all day. Hearts and thoughts are with you all. 
    Funny. I had been listening to NPR and then switched to the CD player. Light years was the first song that played.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Their official response is going to kill me
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Eddie, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff, Boom, Kelly, George, Liz, Karrie, Simon, Tim, Kat, Sea, Santos, etc, etc, etc... the entire Pearl Jam/Ten Club family!  Glad to have you ALL around.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    I hate to throw my weight or be "that guy", but can the mods maybe make this a sticky, so this thread doesn't get buried and maybe show the band this thread. I think that be a really great idea, just saying is all 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,369
    I agree...every show the guys get to tell us, the crowd, how much you love us...now we need to tell you.
    WE LOVE YOU GUYS!  KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! 
  • Options
    kateikatei DC Metro Posts: 76
    Bulldog88 said:

Pearl Jam- Much love and support to each of you; which is what I've felt myself from your music, for many grateful years. Sending the same back to you now...hoping you can feel our collective support.

I share this sentiment, and so many others posted here.  This is a very sad day and my thoughts are with Chris Cornell's wife, children, family, friends, all of Pearl Jam and the countless others.
  • Options
    pearljam75pearljam75 Posts: 80
    Love you guys and thinking of you all!! This is so heartbreaking. 
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    I came here today to seek answers for my own grief and to express my support for all this is deeply impacting. Thinking of Chris' family, wife, children, PJ and everyone who is reeling from this. But I still can't believe this is real. 
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Thinking of you guys and everyone else in the Pearl Jam and Soundgarden family.  As tough as this is for us fans to handle its got to be even more difficult for you guys.  You lost a brother today. :(
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Definitely thinking about the guys today and the guys in Soundgarden and Audioslave. My heart goes out to all of them, his family and friends also. As a few others have said, it's easy to take things for granted and during times like this you realize all the things you haven't said. Love to all of them and everyone who's hurting. 
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Thinking of you all. Much love. Peace. 
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 78
    I was thinking a lot today about the introduction to Release during the Philly "Ten" show last April.  To paraphrase Eddie, he was talking about tough times and how you can't go under, over, or around, you've just got to go through the difficulties.  Here's hoping the entire PJ family and all those connected to Chris are going through this together while leaning on each other.  When I heard the news this morning, this is the first place I came and this community has brought me some comfort on a difficult day.  Appreciation goes out to all of you.  Thank you
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Wise words on a such a tragic day.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    SuzyntheqSuzyntheq Posts: 48
    Our thoughts are with you all .He'll be greatly missed.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Sending aloha and positive thoughts to all the band members today. This is such a huge loss for the music world and a devastating personal loss for the band. I hope the guys know the fans are thinking about them and hoping they are all okay.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Just like sweetlew said, this is the first place I came to this morning when my mate from 800 kms away sent me the devastating news via text. It is THIS community that has been built online and spans the globe all because of Pearl Jam's music and the music of all their affiliates. Chris Cornell... that name... that sound... that face... I miss him dearly already and like so many of you, I didn't know him personally.

To the PJ band, the SG band, Audioslave, TOTD and everyone in that huge personal brotherhood / sisterhood / FAMILY... we love you all, even though most of us have never ever met in person.  We love you. This is the time to band together.... so continue to band together everyone. 

One love.

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Big big love 
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    I hope you are right, guys, courage, very fuckin' sad day !!! Condolence !!! RIP Chris !!!

1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    VsVs Posts: 76
    we love you guys, I love my jamily. please if you need help... just tell
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,502
    Βe strong guys..we love you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    edited May 2017
    I Never wrote anything like this before regarding my feelings, specially not in a damn forum, but now i have to:

I Love The band Pearl Jam!, from the moment i heard Ten Album in 94 i have. They have been my guide, comfort but also my nr one party friend through life and  stil is today. Its safe to write you made me a Beter man. So stay in there an get through these times of trouble in one peace!, please!, Love You!.

ps: sorry for my English, i am from Norway
    Post edited by simalarion on
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,502
    I Never wrote anything like this before regarding my feelings, specially not in a damn forum, but now i have to:

I Love The band Pearl Jam!, from the moment i heard Ten Album in 94 i have. They have been my guide, comfort but also my nr one party friend through life and  stil is today. Its safe to write you made me a Beter man. So stay in there an get through these times of trouble in one peace!, please!, Love You!.

ps: sorry for my English, i am from Norway
    I think they made us all better persons..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I know this so isn't my call - I know this is so incredibly selfish, but I hope our guys, in time, can pick themselves and their instruments back up. I selfishly need them to keep going.
    www.cluthelee.com