Options

Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• Options

This is a big blow to their shot at the title.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Glad my hard earned tax dollars are being put to good use bombing children with remote controls 

Well done
    But you still think it's the greatest country?
    Never said it was the greatest, and i'm very aware of my countries downfalls, thank you very much

Dude, you fucking obsess about America. Do you wake up ranting about the evil USA? Good lord
    I think this thread concerns America. I might be wrong though. English is not my first language.
    Yup 38 pages for people to criticize America.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    America opens itself up for criticism when you spend 6 trillion on war, yet there is never enough money for poor people, homeless people, health care...on and on.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Glad my hard earned tax dollars are being put to good use bombing children with remote controls 

Well done
    Never said it was the greatest, and i'm very aware of my countries downfalls, thank you very much

Dude, you fucking obsess about America. Do you wake up ranting about the evil USA? Good lord
    I think this thread concerns America. I might be wrong though. English is not my first language.
    Yup 38 pages for people to criticize America.

Well... when you ask the question... you should expect honest responses.

If the thread title was 'Reasons Why America Is Great'... then criticisms would be misplaced.
  • Options
    America opens itself up for criticism when you spend 6 trillion on war, yet there is never enough money for poor people, homeless people, health care...on and on.
    39 pages 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    39 pages 

Another blow to their title hopes.
  • Options
    39 pages 

Pretty sure America is #1 in having the most negative post on the Pearl Jam messageboard! USA!USA!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

And you have 20 pages worth of "America sucks!" posts. We get it bud, the horse is dead 
  • Options
    39 pages 

Pretty sure America is #1 in having the most negative post on the Pearl Jam messageboard! USA!USA!

Sometimes the truth hurts. But it really is useful for growth and development.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

And you have 20 pages worth of "America sucks!" posts. We get it bud, the horse is dead 
    And if America sucks so bad, why do some people here spend so much of their day trying to convince people that it does?  Compensation, validation?  Sweden doesn’t suck, but my impression by the representatives here is that the people there sure do.
    We may have some crappy things that happen here, but we sure as hell are generous:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/america-new-zealand-and-canada-top-list-of-world-s-most-generous-nations-a6849221.html
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Ahh this is getting silly .  The world as a whole knows what's good and where. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,942
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

So, you're saying you just want 20 pages of "Americe is the best!" post in a thread asking if America is the greatest country?

Isn't that kind of thinking what is wrong with your country to begin with. And making people think that having kids eat crisps/chips for school lunch is the only way it can be done.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

So, you're saying you just want 20 pages of "Americe is the best!" post in a thread asking if America is the greatest country?

Isn't that kind of thinking what is wrong with your country to begin with. And making people think that having kids eat crisps/chips for school lunch is the only way it can be done.

You are certainly a “the other guys cup is half empty” kind of person 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

21 pages
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    A good friend of mine was attacked and beaten because he is Jewish yesterday in Portland. What the fuck is going on with this country? They spit on him and called him racist names while breaking 6 of his ribs, his nose and demolishing his lip. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ask a question  get an answer then dislike the answer. ..... typical of round here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    A good friend of mine was attacked and beaten because he is Jewish yesterday in Portland. What the fuck is going on with this country? They spit on him and called him racist names while breaking 6 of his ribs, his nose and demolishing his lip. 
    This is awful
     And no person can be proud of this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    mfc2006 said:
    This is sad
    Anti-Semitic attacks have gone up 57% in the last year. And almost as much the year before. 

This has happened with racist-in-chief in office and
    little eichmann (Stephen miller) advising him.
    They have made it okay  for the people who have  been raised on a rhetoric of fear, hate, ignorance, jealousy, and lies to act like animals.
    F$%kin Pu$$ies
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    mfc2006 said:
    Damn, that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear that. Healing thoughts to your friend. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I hope the perps are found, arrested, charged, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, found guilty and serve the full term of the maximum sentence. Sorry to hear this and you’re right to ask, WTF have we become?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Assholes.

Hate crime should carry significant penalty.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mfc2006 said:

Assholes.

They do when the federal government weighs in. I'm sorry your friend had to endure such a horrible attack for absolutely no reason. Intolerance has been unleashed in America. It was there but under the surface and dying to some extent. Trump didn't create it, but he gave it oxygen. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    njnancy said:
    mfc2006 said:

Assholes.

They do when the federal government weighs in. I'm sorry your friend had to endure such a horrible attack for absolutely no reason. Intolerance has been unleashed in America. It was there but under the surface and dying to some extent. Trump didn't create it, but he gave it oxygen. 
    Yes he did
    But I blame little eichmann as well as little  goering and  goebbels ( bannon and gorka)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mfc2006 said:
    I very sorry to hear this disturbing news.  Good thoughts for healing for your friend.  Please let him know there are many here who care and wish him well. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    mfc2006 said:

Assholes.

Yes he did
    But I blame little eichmann as well as little  goering and  goebbels ( bannon and gorka)
    Steve Miller (child of Jewish immigrants) is the pot stirrer in chief and has Drumpf's ear. I can say without feeling like I'm loosely calling names that he is a despicable, divisive, hate-filled person.  A lot of the most horrendous laws and policies are fueled by his disturbed ideology. 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

21 pages
    I'm like a runaway, crazy train, I'm out of control
    If you try to put the brakes on, I'm still gonna roll
    Tired of tryin' to do what you want me to, baby,
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    mfc2006 said:
    Wow, that’s terrible, did they find the asshole(s)?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. I just can’t believe it.

They haven’t caught them yet, but he and his girlfriend filed a report from the hospital.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Hopefully, your buddy makes a speedy and full recovery.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well done

And if America sucks so bad, why do some people here spend so much of their day trying to convince people that it does?  Compensation, validation?  Sweden doesn’t suck, but my impression by the representatives here is that the people there sure do.
    We may have some crappy things that happen here, but we sure as hell are generous:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/america-new-zealand-and-canada-top-list-of-world-s-most-generous-nations-a6849221.html
     :| it's ok if you think so, but please don't judge an entire population from two or three
    people.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
This discussion has been closed.