Options

Moving

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
Well, after almost 5 years here in Portland, my wife & I are moving! Not sure why I'm posting this here, but I just wanted to say that because we can't tell a lot of people around here because of her current job. They will all find out on Wednesday & keeping it quiet hasn't been easy or fun. But, we're really excited about the move and everything that comes along with it! I accepted a job offer in Kansas City about 3 weeks ago & flew out there last week for training. I'm back in Portland now to help pack & work remotely until the movers arrive at the beginning of May, then we start the drive within the next day or so. All of my family lives in the KC area & it will be great to be so close to them. We're also excited to finally buy a house since we were pretty much priced out of the Portland housing market. We'll definitely miss this city...the friends we've made here, the tasty beers, going to Timbers matches & Hops ballgames, the great restaurants, the truly beautiful summers and the close proximity to the Oregon Coast, Mt. Hood & Seattle. All that being said, this just feels 1000% right to both of us and we're excited!

Please send us good thoughts/vibes/etc as we try to wrap our time here the right way & make the almost 2000 mile drive to our new home!

Happy Monday, all!

Matt
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Safe travels, Matt. And congratulations on the new gig!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

thanks, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

thanks, man!
    You'll be closer to Chris Motherfucking Lee!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

thanks, man!
    I know it! It's crazy!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2017
    Kansas City is an amazing place to live. I actually enjoyed and relished living there. Congrats! Where abouts in KC ?
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Safe travels my man!
  • Options

Kansas City is an amazing place to live. I actually enjoyed and relished living there. Congrats! Where abouts in KC ?

We're looking to live in the W. Plaza/Waldo area.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    mfc2006 said:

Waldo is very nice! Plaza is a bit pricier for less space. Waldo is the perfect spot cause you are right off the Plaza without the insane cost hike. I cleaned many a house out there! Lol very nice area.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    dankind said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

thanks, man!
    1.5 hrs to my west vs. 10000000000 hrs to my west :smiley:
    Cluthe/Lee gonna play some shows people! Beers first though.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

mfc2006 said:

Waldo is very nice! Plaza is a bit pricier for less space. Waldo is the perfect spot cause you are right off the Plaza without the insane cost hike. I cleaned many a house out there! Lol very nice area.
    Yeah, Waldo is our #1 choice. Love that part of the city!

dankind said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

thanks, man!
    BEERS!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

thanks, man!
    BEERS!!!!!!!!!
    No more texting each other photos of beers - the constant 'virtual' toasting since 2009. We can drink em' together in person, at a ball game, on my patio, at a venue we'll either be playing or seeing a band at.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

mfc2006 said:

dankind said:

thanks, man!
    BEERS!!!!!!!!!
    No more texting each other photos of beers - the constant 'virtual' toasting since 2009. We can drink em' together in person, at a ball game, on my patio, at a venue we'll either be playing or seeing a band at.
    Absolutely, man. Can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Congrats and safe travels! Gotta say I'm a bit jealous. I'd love a new job and change of scenery.
  • Options
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,915
    Congratulations on the new job. Safe travels.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Good luck with your move, Matt, and congratulations on the new job! KC seems like a cool town, what little I've seen of it. A good baseball town for sure and rich in music history! Let us know how it goes.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Good luck with your move, Matt, and congratulations on the new job! KC seems like a cool town, what little I've seen of it. A good baseball town for sure and rich in music history! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, man! We're excited!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    oh Matty Matt! How very exciting! I'm sad we didn't get to meet up for a show or game or anything. I wish you and Mrs MFC the best of luck on your move and new job!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

oh Matty Matt! How very exciting! I'm sad we didn't get to meet up for a show or game or anything. I wish you and Mrs MFC the best of luck on your move and new job!

Thanks a ton, Lisa. We'll be back to visit for sure! We love it here, but we have to trust our guts & hearts!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    quick side note: if we're friends on Facebook, please don't post anything about the move yet! Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Congratulations, Matt, and good luck with the new job! Seems like it wasn't even that long ago that you couldn't wait to get out of Texas for the Great Northwest. :lol: Sounds like lots of good things are heading your way!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

Congratulations, Matt, and good luck with the new job! Seems like it wasn't even that long ago that you couldn't wait to get out of Texas for the Great Northwest. :lol: Sounds like lots of good things are heading your way!

I know it & don't get me wrong...we love it here. Great job opportunities & being so close to family is impossible to pass up, though!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Congrats on the job and the move to the heartland, Matt!
    Closer to your old peeps in Texas as well, right?
    Good thoughts to you both as you pack up and.......uggghhh....move.
    Any chance your new company is paying so that you guys can take a leisurely drive back exploring new areas of the country while your stuff makes its transport?
    (We did this in 2012 from CA to NJ - was great fun!)

Good luck!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Despite knowing many who have done it, the thought of moving to another state makes me filled with anxiety. Very happy for you that you both are one on this change, and excited about it!

May it bring great times :)
  • Options

Congrats on the job and the move to the heartland, Matt!
    Closer to your old peeps in Texas as well, right?
    Good thoughts to you both as you pack up and.......uggghhh....move.
    Any chance your new company is paying so that you guys can take a leisurely drive back exploring new areas of the country while your stuff makes its transport?
    (We did this in 2012 from CA to NJ - was great fun!)

Good luck!

Yes! Very close to friends & family in Texas, which is awesome! I wish we could take our time, but we start the drive on 5/3 & I need to be at work on 5/8. But, we did see the sights when we moved here!
    hedonist said:

Despite knowing many who have done it, the thought of moving to another state makes me filled with anxiety. Very happy for you that you both are one on this change, and excited about it!

May it bring great times :)

Thanks! It can be overwhelming, but it's going to be great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Moving is a lot of work but this is the best kind of move - you're moving to something better, with friends and family, instead of leaving something bad. Best of luck to you all!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Moving is a lot of work but this is the best kind of move - you're moving to something better, with friends and family, instead of leaving something bad. Best of luck to you all!

Thanks so much for that. It's never easy, but we know that this is the right thing....and we aren't nearly as nervous as we were when we moved here 5 years ago!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    mfc2006 said:

I know it & don't get me wrong...we love it here. Great job opportunities & being so close to family is impossible to pass up, though!
    Just messing with you! :wink: Always do what's best for your family.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."