Poll--The Weakest Link: Riot Act Round 2

1235»

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited April 2017
    Cropduster

Can't believe You Are may not be eliminated.

This will be my second use of the word "annihilated" in as many posts:
    If "You Are" does in fact make it through this round it will be annihilated in the next one.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited April 2017
    Cropduster

The Raptors are terrible and so is their mascot. Let's go Bucks! Playin Buckets! Fear the Deer!

I know... don't bother telling me about what happens with the raptor vs buck mascot battle. Oh wait, except that one of them is extinct! So, come at me Toronto!

You gotta admit that "Fear the Deer" slogan is pretty lame.
    (They should "annihilate" it from their marketing campaign.)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    1/2 Full
    Looks like "Ghost" and "Green Disease" may be going down. Two of my favorites! Now I know I'm a bit off kilter. Always suspected so. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Cropduster

I have never, never liked Green Disease. From the first redundant line to the spelling bit - ugh.

I am in agreement with you. One of the few Pearl Jam songs I want to love because other people do but can't (Save You, Whipping, Blood, MFC, and a few others).
    Ha! Monster, indeed. Wow! I love all those, including green disease. So, you don't like songs with speed riffs, punk rock guitar licks or driving drums? You must be of the release, low light, thumbing, around the bend, nothingman persuasion? Pretty sweet that this band does it all so well and has room for all of us.
    I very much dislike most of Pearl Jam's attempts at punk. I'm a fan of most slow Pearl Jam pre-Backspacer, but I love songs like Hail Hail, I Got Shit, Glorified G, Sad, Leash, Dissident, Do The Evolution, Mind Your Manners, Getaway, etc... Those particular songs I mentioned just never hit for me. I guess I gravitate to the slower, mid-tempo Pearl Jam for the most part. Songs like Big Wave and Supersonic are a waste to me.
    Punk PJ songs are some of my favorites. Funny how we all LOVE different styles of PJ.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Ghost
    brianlux said:

Looks like "Ghost" and "Green Disease" may be going down. Two of my favorites! Now I know I'm a bit off kilter. Always suspected so. :lol:

Love Green Disease, Ghost not so much
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited April 2017
    Ghost
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Cropduster
    rummy said:

brianlux said:

I full out admit my vote was out of spite. If a song with as sweet and as badass a grove as You Are has is going down, then it's not going down alone!

This is what happens when the masses vote poorly.

How do you see people here as voting poorly? Do you think they are not honest votes? Do you not accept the fact that we all hear things differently? What a boring world if we were all the same!
    That was quite simply a quip aimed at my frustration of seeing my favorites go, heavily laden with sarcasm.
    rummy said:

"Get that garbage outta here!" (That's for any of you Toronto Raptors fans out there - which probably isn't that many around here.)

The Raptors can suck it!
    Sorry, not sorry, residual pissyness left from last year.
    Ah, yes. That postponed concert. That was a bit ridiculous, wasn't it?
    (Off topic: Even if they get by Milwaukee tonight or in game 7, they will be annihilated by the Cavs).
    Agreed. But we can all agree that watching Giannis is more fun than watching the Raptors, right? And no need to ask how our resident Greek feels...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    1/2 Full
    "Ghost" and "Green Disease" may soon be gone, never to be heard again! I can't stand it! I may have to kill myself, WHAAAAA!

Oh wait, it's just a poll. Nevamind!

Dang- a close race this time!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Cropduster
    This round has ended with Cropduster, Ghost, 1/2 Full, and Green Disease eliminated.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    You Are
    MedozK said:

This round has ended with Cropduster, Ghost, 1/2 Full, and Green Disease eliminated.

Booooooo!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
This discussion has been closed.