Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    demetrios said:
    Copies have landed in Europe.
    I would have liked a bigger book, the font is really really small IMO...
    How much were you charged via customs?
    Nothing !
    French post generally starts to charge custom fees when value exceeds 100 Euro ... I’m sure they will not miss the boxed  complete vinyl set ...
    Nothing? That's great.

I was charged $24CDN with Canada Post. :|
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    so what songs are missing?  some one shoot me how to play parting ways 100% correct!  please and thank you.
    I could make you a quick video on how to play it. May not happen until next week though.
    I still haven’t had time to do this. I hope to this weekend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    so what songs are missing?  some one shoot me how to play parting ways 100% correct!  please and thank you.
    I could make you a quick video on how to play it. May not happen until next week though.
    no problem matt! I just don't think what I play after the A chord during the verse is correct.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2hands said:
    Ok, Yield is 19 years old lol... and a vast majority of their B-Sides, Lost Dogs, etc were written 1991-1998... we havent seen a PJ B-Side or non LP song actually released since Man of the Hour 12 or 13 years ago I think?

some of their best early stuff wasn't even on an LP... Yellow Ledbetter... SOLAT... Breath... HTI... I Got Shit... Long Road... etc...

A majority of their catalog was definitely written 20+ years ago
    20 years ago? What are you talking about? Yield, Binural, riot act, self titled, backspacer, lightning bolt are all less than 20 years old. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    my2hands said:
    Ok, Yield is 19 years old lol... and a vast majority of their B-Sides, Lost Dogs, etc were written 1991-1998... we havent seen a PJ B-Side or non LP song actually released since Man of the Hour 12 or 13 years ago I think?

some of their best early stuff wasn't even on an LP... Yellow Ledbetter... SOLAT... Breath... HTI... I Got Shit... Long Road... etc...

A majority of their catalog was definitely written 20+ years ago
    20 years ago? What are you talking about? Yield, Binural, riot act, self titled, backspacer, lightning bolt are all less than 20 years old. 
    yeah, even simple math can be argued here, lol.. that's definitely false regarding their 10 studio albums included in this book.

anyway, main point is: it would have taken nothing to the band to contribute a little with this book. The "poor Stone, how can you think he can remember his parts from these very old songs" argument is very silly. He's been playing them live for an entire life, and it's not like PJ songs are so intricate anyway. Conclusion: the band didn't care about this book, period.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    no problem matt! I just don't think what I play after the A chord during the verse is correct.  
    If memory serves, it just goes back to E after a quick fill. But, I’m at work and the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet! Ha! Will send you something soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Here's someone who explains it well :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-rjohxpGkY
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Starbass said:
    I play bass in a PJ tribute band, so I just hope it will help on some specific places where there is some discussion on the exact cords ;)
    As long as the bass parts itself are somewhat correct I'm happy. Our solo's are ad lib anyway since PJ seldom does the same thing twice when playing live, and we go for that live vibe :P
    totally agree...I play guitar in a PJ tribute band with live spirit but solos must be in the book...which I don't hold yet...
  • Kinda sucks Long Road isn't in here, and Bugs is garbage in this book. Was hoping for a solid accordion tab I could transpose. The Complete Score is a bit misleading. I figured it wouldn't be 100%, Out of My Mind and Bee Girl likely wasn't part of the complete part. Should have been called Studio Album Scores. Missing some great B-Sides for sure.
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    Complete Scores, Complete Studio vinyl box set, RRHOF, it saddens me to think this but In their little way, I think they might be saying thank you.......and good bye. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Mine's on its way from Amazon US at last!
  • I hate that the band doesn't consider Lost Dogs to be one of their albums.  Those songs should be included in this book and Lost Dogs should have also been part of the vinyl reissues.  Such a shame.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Great book now that I have had a chance to look at.   I know the solos are missing but if Mike ad-libs at the show then not the end of the world.  Already learned a few songs I never took the time to learn.
  • Is it just me or is Given To Fly wildly inaccurate? I was hoping to see the actual guitar part and end a little debate...
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    palvarez said:
    Is it just me or is Given To Fly wildly inaccurate? I was hoping to see the actual guitar part and end a little debate...
    Why? Is it not tabbed? Or the tuning is wrong?
    palvarez said:
    Is it just me or is Given To Fly wildly inaccurate? I was hoping to see the actual guitar part and end a little debate...
    Which portion of the tab?  The intro seemed a little off to me, but it has been so long since I have sat down and played along to the record that I could be totally wrong.
  • maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
    Just received mine from Amazon Canada
    maxferl said:
    That's great they are finally shipping orders out. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    palvarez said:
    Which portion of the tab?  The intro seemed a little off to me, but it has been so long since I have sat down and played along to the record that I could be totally wrong.
    I think in the book it's in the alternate tuning, but most of the time people play it in standard tuning.
    People play that song in standard?  Interesting.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    People play that song in standard?  Interesting.
    I play it in standard tuning and it sounds great (according to my ear). 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Why wouldn't you play it in the alternate tuning?  Just easier to leave the guitar in standard? 
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    demetrios said:
    maxferl said:
    That's great they are finally shipping orders out. 
    They just emailed me that expected delivery is Dec 8.
    Who knew it might show up before the albums!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Received mine today, paid $65.xx from Amazon.
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    palvarez said:
    I think in the book it's in the alternate tuning, but most of the time people play it in standard tuning.
    Mike's part is alternate tuning. 
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Got it today! :joy: It's a nicely done book! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    Got it today! :joy: It's a nicely done book! :clap:
    Cool! From 10club? Did you get hit with any custom fees?
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Yes and (unfortunately) yes... 20 euros... :i_dunno:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • joergjoerg Austria Posts: 123
    It's been a while since there was talking here in this thread, but I'll give it a try:

I'm playing bass ... are there any bass players out there, what are your thoughts on this book? Is it worth buying?

Thanks as always for your help
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...