Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Amazon Canada finally went temp out of stock today, which was @ CDN$ 62.70 for some time now.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1495060411/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

• This whole ordeal is embarrassing, and embarrassing that I still haven't canceled my order
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    I think it took less time to print the bible
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I don't come to the Porch often these days, but wow, I'm shocked to hear this wasn't sorted out yet! I was one of those 'lucky' few to have had it successfully delivered by Amazon.ca, at $63.49 including Ontario tax. To be completely honest, I'd encourage any and all to cancel. The size of the font and even the tablature is tiny, and of little use to me as a guitar player. ultimate-guitar.com and searching for any song name with the word 'lyrics' at the end of it, will yield more usable results than what you'll get from this book, in my opinion.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs said:
    I don't come to the Porch often these days, but wow, I'm shocked to hear this wasn't sorted out yet! I was one of those 'lucky' few to have had it successfully delivered by Amazon.ca, at $63.49 including Ontario tax. To be completely honest, I'd encourage any and all to cancel. The size of the font and even the tablature is tiny, and of little use to me as a guitar player. ultimate-guitar.com and searching for any song name with the word 'lyrics' at the end of it, will yield more usable results than what you'll get from this book, in my opinion.

Pics?
    benjs said:

Pics?
    Any idea how to upload to one of those photo sharing sites from an iPhone? If so let me know and I'll throw them on here.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2017
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Pics?
    Any idea how to upload to one of those photo sharing sites from an iPhone? If so let me know and I'll throw them on here.
    You don't need to do that anymore. If you click the little picture icon under leave a comment, you can directly upload here now. Just click on the icon far right and then hit choose file. It should give you the option to choose where to upload from.
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Pics?
    You don't need to do that anymore. If you click the little picture icon under leave a comment, you can directly upload here now. Just click on the icon far right and then hit choose file. It should give you the option to choose where to upload from.
    Really? Even from a phone?

EV
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Pics?
    Really? Even from a phone?
    It works on my Android phone. Not sure about Apple, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    It seems to me that perhaps whoever got the idea to sell this product had no real idea how long it might take for a transcriber to actually notate everything accurately. So, maybe the time allotted was not sufficient.  Putting a "complete works" collection together takes a lot of time.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    demetrios said:
    Amazon Canada finally went temp out of stock today, which was @ CDN$ 62.70 for some time now.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1495060411/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

I ordered mine July 20th from amazon.ca and it was out of stock that date as well.  still back ordered????
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    @Santos L. @Santos L. Halper

Could we get an update on this, please?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    PJDow said:
    demetrios said:

I ordered mine July 20th from amazon.ca and it was out of stock that date as well.  still back ordered????
    Yep! Wish there was an update on this book from Pearl Jam.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    @ lhpdewit over on Twitter has an update on the book for Nov 20th

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    They just moved this back from Sept. 28th. On the walmart site
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    My order status says "Warehouse"..not sure if that is old news or not.

Can anyone tell me how to CANCEL my order should I wish to?  I cannot see it on that order status page.  thx.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    To cancel if you choose. Just reply back to your order confirmation. 
    From Amazon Canada ...

Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores: Deluxe Box Set"
        Estimated arrival date: October 17, 2017 - February 12, 2018

Price down to $61 CDN . Usually ships within 2 to 5 months. :|
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    benjs said:
    Just took your advice Benjs. Hopefully I’ll get my refund.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Lizard said:
    Mine too. I guess that's a good sign. I'm definitely not going to cancel my order at this point.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    benjs said:
    The Beatles anthology is also smaller font size and while that could be challenging,it's not a deal breaker and nice to have in one source with credo to the transcription- can't speak to ultimate guitar in direct comparison. Still holding out for the book, but some update would be appreciated...
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
    Pap said:
    Lizard said:
    Mine too. I guess that's a good sign. I'm definitely not going to cancel my order at this point.
    Me neither.

• jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    edited October 2017
    Hello everyone, just came upon this discussion and wanted to share my experience with the book. I ordered it on Amazon.ca when it was originally available as a presale and I did receive my copy. When I heard it came out I thought it would be the ultimate book for a Pearl Jam groupie/guitar player. Then I started to hear about the missing solos and stuff and was really disappointed. Not sure what's going on, my guess is there is some legal thing happening. I really don't believe that a book like that would be published and all of a sudden be taken out of circulation because "oops" we forgot the solos. The book is cool as it is I must say, it's not what I was expecting though. I got it for around $60 CAD so I'll keep it but it's not really a book I'd use as a guitar player. Maybe I'd open it up to compare a part of a song with another tab or something, but as a complete works, it's quite incomplete. It just seems lazy that whoever decided to put the book together would leave out the solos, and I don't think it was the band. Maybe they gave a go ahead to get it published and then realized it sucked and pulled it off the shelf. Who knows. Strange why there's no info on what happened. Anyways just thought I'd pipe in with my experience with the book. For a collector of memorabilia it might be a cool piece, but for someone who wants to have it as a complete PJ musical resource, it may not be what you expect. Thanks

........the world is ill. Environmentally, Socially and Politically......

We can heal it. Spread Love. Unite. Believe. 

John from Canada
    ...........and Evelyn 

• embraceembrace Posts: 849
    edited October 2017
    Hello everyone, just came upon this discussion and wanted to share my experience with the book. I ordered it on Amazon.ca when it was originally available as a presale and I did receive my copy. When I heard it came out I thought it would be the ultimate book for a Pearl Jam groupie/guitar player. Then I started to hear about the missing solos and stuff and was really disappointed. Not sure what's going on, my guess is there is some legal thing happening. I really don't believe that a book like that would be published and all of a sudden be taken out of circulation because "oops" we forgot the solos. The book is cool as it is I must say, it's not what I was expecting though. I got it for around $60 CAD so I'll keep it but it's not really a book I'd use as a guitar player. Maybe I'd open it up to compare a part of a song with another tab or something, but as a complete works, it's quite incomplete. It just seems lazy that whoever decided to put the book together would leave out the solos, and I don't think it was the band. Maybe they gave a go ahead to get it published and then realized it sucked and pulled it off the shelf. Who knows. Strange why there's no info on what happened. Anyways just thought I'd pipe in with my experience with the book. For a collector of memorabilia it might be a cool piece, but for someone who wants to have it as a complete PJ musical resource, it may not be what you expect. Thanks

John from Canada
    Can you give an example-maybe use the bass on jeremy... Are you saying individual instruments aren't seperated (vocals, guitar, bass, drums etc) per song? Never mind- got it - ad lib guitar solos
    Post edited by embrace on
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited October 2017

John from Canada
    Yeah, I don't have the book, but I saw the preview pages on Amazon and it was obviously a very lazy and incomplete and approximate work.. If I was a member of the band and took a look at the book I would be pretty pissed at the publisher (well, expecially if I was Mike).. That is, assuming PJ even care about this stuff..
    By the way, someone can tell me if they at least got the correct Stone's guitar tuning for Deep on the book (open A tuning - low to high: E A C# E A E) ?
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 831
    edited October 2017
    Yes, Stone's part for Deep is written out like that. 
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

I keep forgetting I even ordered and paid for this already. I guess I will ride it out, but the lack of communication is baffling. It would be nice to know if they are fixing it or just some other delay. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Yes, Stone's part for Deep is written out like that. 
    Thanks