Options

Earth Day 2018

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,724
edited April 2018 in The Porch
https://pearljam.com/news/earth-day-2017-1492811285

Greetings From the Beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Today is Earth Day.

In the spirit of Earth Day's 2017 campaign, which focuses on environmental and climate literacy, we encourage you to check out Forterra's carbon calculator. http://forterra.org/carbon-calculator-individuals The calculator provides an easy way to track your personal carbon output and suggests ways that you can lower or mitigate it.

Since 2003, Pearl Jam has mitigated their tour-related carbon dioxide output by self-imposing a voluntary ‘carbon tax,’ and investing a portion of tour profits to organizations working on reforestation efforts and fighting climate change. See a complete history of Pearl Jam's environmental work on the band's carbon mitigation page. https://pearljam.com/acts/carbon

Echoing the concerns of much worldwide, Eddie Vedder reminded us at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony earlier this month that action on climate change is not something that can wait any longer:

“Climate change is real. That is not fake news...And we, we cannot...cannot be the generations that history will look back upon and wonder, why didn't they do everything humanly possible to solve the biggest crisis in our time. Anything can be obtainable. The Chicago Cubs winning the World Series...this is proof. I use that analogy because it can be done. But here's the thing: We don't have 108 years to wait.”

Artwork and news copy contributed by Gavin T. (Student, Evergreen College, Masters in Environmental Studies Program + Ten Club Shipping employee)

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I'm working so not doing anything special for Earth Day, but we do all kinds of things for the earth on a regular basis...I just thought to celebrate today, I would share these awesome shots I got of our beautiful Earth this morning.

Sunrise Rainbow from my driveway....
    photo IMG_20170422_071126_743.jpg

Double Sunrise Rainbow over the Oregon State Fairgrounds...
    photo IMG_20170422_071244_295.jpg

Mt. Hood at Sunrise on my way to work...
    photo IMG_20170422_071343_687.jpg

HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    PJSiren said:

I'm working so not doing anything special for Earth Day, but we do all kinds of things for the earth on a regular basis...I just thought to celebrate today, I would share these awesome shots I got of our beautiful Earth this morning.

Sunrise Rainbow from my driveway....
    photo IMG_20170422_071126_743.jpg

Double Sunrise Rainbow over the Oregon State Fairgrounds...
    photo IMG_20170422_071244_295.jpg

Mt. Hood at Sunrise on my way to work...
    photo IMG_20170422_071343_687.jpg

HAPPY EARTH DAY 2017!!!

Those are awesome photos! And you saw a double rainbow, woah... :smiley:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Thanks tbergs! And yes, Actually a pretty regular occurrence here in Salem.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,680
    edited April 2017
    Have a good Earth Day everyone.

Now don't get mad at me for saying this, but I don't celebrate Earth Day separate from other days because for me every day is Earth Day! I try to celebrate the earth everyday by doing something to care for it or at least think about it everyday.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,868
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -