Options

Ten, Binaural, Riot Act & Pearl Jam LP reissues & six 7" singles

Comments

• Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,127
    Shipment of Binaural and Riot Act arrived from Accoustic Sounds today.
    However, there's a problem with the "Riot Act" double LP: It contains two of the same disc (sides One and Two). Now I need to figure out how to get the record with sides three and four.

My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,127
    ac281090 said:
    all 3 reissues arrived this morning from acoustic sounds.com, Riot Act had 2 of LP 1. 
    Yep. Same thing happened to me. Has Accoustic Sounds fixed the problem?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,323
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I wonder how many copies of each reissue were made? I know at least 600. But it's hard to find in music stores. Even Let's play two dvd/blu-ray is hard to find. And at Amazon are temporarily out of stock. 
    Lol.  You "know at least 600".  Really.
    Um, the 500 that were sold for the box set. They said 100 extra were made for band purposes. That's 600
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Has anyone who ordered the reissues from the 10c gotten their orders?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,323
    Has anyone who ordered the reissues from the 10c gotten their orders?
    i got Ten today. the singles are coming next week. And the Let's Play Blu-Ray is coming Monday even though I pre-ordered
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Ten is by far the worst of the reissues. I think Riot Act is the best sounding with Binaural close. Pearl Jam will take me a little, I want to A/B with the original pressing.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Mine are still in WA, but I'm going to trust that they will be here when they say they will. Blu-ray arrived two days prior to what tracking said. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    If you don't already have your new Binaural and Riot Act, or it hasn't yet shipped, get ready. Cancellation notices are coming, no matter from where you ordered.
  • Options
    If you don't already have your new Binaural and Riot Act, or it hasn't yet shipped, get ready. Cancellation notices are coming, no matter from where you ordered.
    So the tc charged us and sent us tracking numbers but now they are getting canceled? What are you talking about?
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,472
    MedozK said:
    Ten is by far the worst of the reissues. I think Riot Act is the best sounding with Binaural close. Pearl Jam will take me a little, I want to A/B with the original pressing.
    So, the video they posted on social media claims that the Ten reissue is the "original mix." Meaning that it hasn't been remastered. The Rick Parashar produced mix. Is that true?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    So the tc charged us and sent us tracking numbers but now they are getting canceled? What are you talking about?
    If your new Binaural and Riot Act HAVE NOT yet shipped, get ready. Cancellation notices are coming, no matter from where you ordered.

Meaning, if they haven't shipped yet, prepare for them to be cancelled.
    If you have a tracking number, I would assume that something is shipping.
    Post edited by philobeddoe on
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    So, the video they posted on social media claims that the Ten reissue is the "original mix." Meaning that it hasn't been remastered. The Rick Parashar produced mix. Is that true?
    Mixing and Mastering are two totally different things. This new reissue is the same as LP1 in the Redux 2LP set. It's the original mix, remastered with the OG cover. Doesn't sound nearly as good as the US 94 vinyl or the 91 CD.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,600
    If your new Binaural and Riot Act HAVE NOT yet shipped, get ready. Cancellation notices are coming, no matter from where you ordered.

What is it that you know, and how do you know it?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Exactly why is that?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,143
    Strange thing to say.  These won’t get cancelled, these will be everywhere in due time.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I think we got a rumor starter on here 
  • Options

Thanks for putting the caps lock on for Have Not. What’s your proof though? It sounds like you are making stuff up. Are you projecting?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    Strange thing to say.  These won’t get cancelled, these will be everywhere in due time.
    It is strange to say. 10club is still taking orders. If they were cancelling orders wouldn't they have already pulled the plug on any new purchases online?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

• Options
    Never said they would not be available in due time.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    It is strange to say. 10club is still taking orders. If they were cancelling orders wouldn't they have already pulled the plug on any new purchases online?
    Because the Ten Club has never done anyrhing strange?
  • Options

Thanks for putting the caps lock on for Have Not. What’s your proof though? It sounds like you are making stuff up. Are you projecting?
    you're welcome. 3 record stores, 2 distributors and a label rep said so. no and no.
  • Options
    And the Ten Club said this too?
  • Options

you're welcome. 3 record stores, 2 distributors and a label rep said so. no and no.
    2 distributors and a label rep walk into a bar...

...and the distributor said, “cancel??? Too bad, all sales are final.”
  • Options
    Oooh, you got me there. No, they did not. But I'm sure they'll be perfectly fine taking your money for a wholly defective product, one that wont be replaced for months.
  • Options

2 distributors and a label rep walk into a bar...

...and the distributor said, “cancel??? Too bad, all sales are final.”
    Ha! Does this bar serve vinyl?
  • Options
    Oooh, you got me there. No, they did not. But I'm sure they'll be perfectly fine taking your money for a wholly defective product, one that wont be replaced for months.
    Now the records are defective? What else is wrong my man? 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Obviously, they're not all defective.
    But, why else would they be cancelled? 
    Unless they were extremely limited and nobody said so. Wait? What?
    Post edited by philobeddoe on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Lets be honest. That didn’t happen.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,600
    DewieCox said:

Lets be honest. That didn’t happen.
    The record store I go to said that the label was having issues, hence the delay.  I've mentioned this a couple times here already.