Ten, Binaural, Riot Act & Pearl Jam LP reissues & six 7" singles

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

OH NO!  Looking closer at the pics in the SHOP...

Binaural, Riot Act and Self-Titled all appear to be double LPs!  Really??

That's a good thing usually 

• OH NO!  Looking closer at the pics in the SHOP...

That's a good thing usually 

I disagree.  It's usually unnecessary and makes me play it less since it's annoying to change sides twice as much.

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

All of the originals are 2 LP's. Why would they make the reissues differently?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • RP112579 said:

Oh, really?  I did not know that, my bad.  I withdraw my surprise, but not my sadness.

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    RP112579 said:

Oh, really?  I did not know that, my bad.  I withdraw my surprise, but not my sadness.

Just stick with your phone, you wont have to change any sides.   If these were single LPs they'd sound awful.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

That sucks 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited September 2017
    PSUS2H said:
    RP112579 said:

Just stick with your phone, you wont have to change any sides.   If these were single LPs they'd sound awful.
    They'd sound pretty much the same as on. two discs.  I happen to think that yield sounds great, and I much prefer the single vitalogy lp vs the 2. I've never been able to notice much of a sound difference but since I don't have to flip the damn things so many times it's a big deal.  It's one thing if these were pressed with fidelity and sound in mind, but they aren't.  They were pressed on 2 for marketing/ jacket/ artwork reasons.  I was hoping and praying the represses would be 1 disc. :(

either way way people would be upset though, so I get why they reproduced the packaging/format identically.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • $68 for Binaural, Riot Act, and ST shipped from SSD. Can't wait! Now I need my new headphones and amp to get here!
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    ^ SSD ship to the UK too. Including international shipping, it comes to just under £105 for the three records.  

I wish Amazon would hurry up.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Save You and Worldwide Suicide are the only 7"'s that haven't had prior releases right? 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited September 2017
    PSUS2H said:
    RP112579 said:

They'd sound pretty much the same as on. two discs.  I happen to think that yield sounds great, and I much prefer the single vitalogy lp vs the 2. I've never been able to notice much of a sound difference but since I don't have to flip the damn things so many times it's a big deal.  It's one thing if these were pressed with fidelity and sound in mind, but they aren't.  They were pressed on 2 for marketing/ jacket/ artwork reasons.  I was hoping and praying the represses would be 1 disc. :(

either way way people would be upset though, so I get why they reproduced the packaging/format identically.
    Agreed. If it can be on 1 disc then it should be. I didn't expect these ones would be on one disc since the originals aren't, but just generally, I don't like it when they spread it out too much. Actually, if they felt 1 disc wasn't quite enough, they should have at least put it on only 3 sides. That would work just fine. I don't understand why more bands don't leave the 4th side blank or etch it. I always appreciate that! The TOTD reissue was like that at least.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Less IGD when it is spread across 2 LP's, better fidelity over all.  
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    PSUS2H said:
    We agree, not arguing the science.  I don't have the stereo equipment that would make the difference audible though.  And I'm lazy.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    PSUS2H said:

agreed......Gotta go 2 records on these. otherwise it would be garbage.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Gotta admit, the 1 lp argument just sounds like pure laziness.
    Work those abs, get off that couch and flip flip those records.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • bonebone Posts: 493
    About the 2Lp vs. singles as others mentioned that's how they were originally issued.  Also, I think the album lengths on these were a bit high for single LPs as anything over 50 minutes the sound degrades quickly.  FYI though Avocado bunches the first twelve tracks onto 3 sides leaving Inside Job  as a lone track on Side D/4
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Predaking said:
    $68 for Binaural, Riot Act, and ST shipped from SSD. Can't wait! Now I need my new headphones and amp to get here!
    I had been putting off ordering Lets Play Two, so I got that and the 3 remasters for $97 shipped.  And SounStage does a phenomenal job packing records.  Best I've ever seen.  
  • Zod said:
    Save You and Worldwide Suicide are the only 7"'s that haven't had prior releases right? 
    Save You was a CD single but never on a 7".
    Predaking said:
    $68 for Binaural, Riot Act, and ST shipped from SSD. Can't wait! Now I need my new headphones and amp to get here!
    I had been putting off ordering Lets Play Two, so I got that and the 3 remasters for $97 shipped.  And SounStage does a phenomenal job packing records.  Best I've ever seen.  
    Nice, did you use the 20% off code?

That's why I go to the gym though! All kidding aside I expected them to be doubles but I thoroughly dislike only listening to 3 songs at a time before I have to flip.  It is what it is, I know, I mostly just don't like to break up the experience every 9 minutes.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited September 2017

That's why I go to the gym though! All kidding aside I expected them to be doubles but I thoroughly dislike only listening to 3 songs at a time before I have to flip.  It is what it is, I know, I mostly just don't like to break up the experience every 9 minutes.
    Exactly. It's not about being too lazy to flip the records, lol. C'mon Dr. D. ;) It's about really having flow while listening to the album. As you say RMB31, breaking it up too much just interrupts that flow more than I like.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Exactly. It's not about being too lazy to flip the records, lol. C'mon Dr. D. ;) It's about really having flow while listening to the album. As you say RMB31, breaking it up too much just interrupts that flow more than I like.
    Don't you raise your voice to me, Missy!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Predaking said:
    Often, discount codes don't apply to pre-orders. If I missed one, well, shame on me. Either way, I'm not complaining about not paying shipping. Would've gotten Let's Play Two as well, if I didn't already have it on order through 10C.
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    edited September 2017
    Zod said:
    Yes, but there are all black and previous where....
    Bu$shleaguer - black promo 7" 
    Light years - was released as a yellow 7"
    I am mine - was turquoise or black 7"
    Nothing as it seems - was green 7"

Light years & NAIS was also released as 12"
    Post edited by WhyNotSweden on
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

Predaking said:
    Predaking said:
    Often, discount codes don't apply to pre-orders. If I missed one, well, shame on me. Either way, I'm not complaining about not paying shipping. Would've gotten Let's Play Two as well, if I didn't already have it on order through 10C.
    No, soundstage will give you free shipping AND 20% off, I just did it the other day for the phish pre-order.  (Just future reference).  Always try LP20 first (20%) even if they don't say it's going on.  I've used it and LP15 tons of times because they still work even when they're not having the sale.
  • Predaking said:
    Predaking said:
    I tried, but the coupon code didn't work because of the pre-sale nature of the order.  But I assumed it wouldn't anyways.  It was a good enough deal without it (17% off Let's Play Two, and 10% on the others) plus the free shipping.  
    Predaking said:
    Predaking said:
    I tried, but the coupon code didn't work because of the pre-sale nature of the order.  But I assumed it wouldn't anyways.  It was a good enough deal without it (17% off Let's Play Two, and 10% on the others) plus the free shipping.  
    Huh, well free shipping is good enough then! I'll give it a try since I just cancelled all my 10c represses since I'm going through soundstage.
    Yeah I stand corrected, they're already on sale I guess so you can't use the discount. At least there's free shipping.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    I'm holding out for Amazon. Soundstage has disappointed me on my last 2 preorders. Singles soundtrack hadn't shipped almost 3 weeks after release. I ended up grabbing it from the store and canceling my order. Then the last Tom Petty reissues hadn't shipped for about a week after release. I emailed SSD and asked what was up. I was told they don't receive preorders till the release day and then the orders get processed. Clearly Amazon gets them prior because every preorder I've done since has arrived on release day. 
    I wonder when another batch of Uke Song's vinyl will be released.  Can't believe that's been OOP so long.