Options

Ten, Binaural, Riot Act & Pearl Jam LP reissues & six 7" singles

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    @PJ_Soul - Here you go...Sony art department is to blame!
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/269138/qa-pearl-jams-jeff-ament

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited September 2017
    Thanks!.... So Sony wanted to make it pink, so Jeff or whoever decided beige would be better? If that's how it went, PJ is still to blame, lol. Either that, or Jeff can't see colour properly and thinks beige is a pinker shade of red, haha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

Correction: September Ten Club Newsletter

Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado re-issues, 7" Singles

Release Date November 10th

Our previous email indicated that Binaural, Riot Act and Pearl Jam (Avocado) had been remixed by Brendan O'Brien and remastered.

In fact, only Pearl Jam (Avocado) has been remixed. All three titles have been remastered.

Check out the six re-issued 7" vinyl records here.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks!.... So Sony wanted to make it pink, so Jeff or whoever decided beige would be better? If that's how it went, PJ is still to blame, lol. Either that, or Jeff can see colour properly and thinks beige is a pinker shade of red, haha.
    I like both to be honest, but the original is iconic in my brain. Always will be.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    BK5403 said:
    Does this mean Avocado might actually sound decent for once?????  I realize BoB doesn't have a good remix reputation but the original is awful
    Unfortunately, when i see the name brendan o'brien on this stuff it scares me off. He has an extremely heavy hand in the way he guides PJ, produces PJ, and mixes PJ. I'm glad to see some early indications that these will be double LPs, but i wish the band would work with someone with a "less is more" recording, mixing, mastering and lacquer cutting touch and have everything pressed at a proper plant. And why do Binaural or Riot Act need to be re-mixed? I feel like the band has little regard for it's archives and doesn't show much interest in putting out the best possible sounding music as possible. 

To my ears, every PJ vinyl except for the original Vs, Vitalogy and No Code (i haven't heard vinyl of Binaural and Riot Act) sounds thin and lacks any fucking balls. 

I have an original Yield LP and that sounds like garbage as well. And the re-issue isn't much better. Bummer, cause that album is top 2-3 for me. 
    There was a mistake made in the item descriptions of Binaural and Riot Act vinyl.
    Binaural and Riot Act are remastered, but not remixed.  Only "Avocado" is remixed and remastered. 
    Sorry about that, my bad. 
    Email shipping@tenclub.net with questions/issues.
    slh

Really no reason to remix Binaural.

It is a perfect release in the OG pressing.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    lolobugg said:
    BK5403 said:
    Does this mean Avocado might actually sound decent for once?????  I realize BoB doesn't have a good remix reputation but the original is awful
    Unfortunately, when i see the name brendan o'brien on this stuff it scares me off. He has an extremely heavy hand in the way he guides PJ, produces PJ, and mixes PJ. I'm glad to see some early indications that these will be double LPs, but i wish the band would work with someone with a "less is more" recording, mixing, mastering and lacquer cutting touch and have everything pressed at a proper plant. And why do Binaural or Riot Act need to be re-mixed? I feel like the band has little regard for it's archives and doesn't show much interest in putting out the best possible sounding music as possible. 

To my ears, every PJ vinyl except for the original Vs, Vitalogy and No Code (i haven't heard vinyl of Binaural and Riot Act) sounds thin and lacks any fucking balls. 

I have an original Yield LP and that sounds like garbage as well. And the re-issue isn't much better. Bummer, cause that album is top 2-3 for me. 
    There was a mistake made in the item descriptions of Binaural and Riot Act vinyl.
    Binaural and Riot Act are remastered, but not remixed.  Only "Avocado" is remixed and remastered. 
    slh

Remastering also makes me nervous.   The older the album, the less it was exposed to the loudness war.  Modern mastering isn't that great.   Everytime I see a band reissue an album as "remastered" I get a little bummed out.   Binaural came out in the earlier years of the loudness thing, but I'm not sure it would benefit from modern mastering methods.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Brickwalling should be a crime!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Zod said:
    lolobugg said:
    BK5403 said:

slh

Remastering also makes me nervous.   The older the album, the less it was exposed to the loudness war.  Modern mastering isn't that great.   Everytime I see a band reissue an album as "remastered" I get a little bummed out.   Binaural came out in the earlier years of the loudness thing, but I'm not sure it would benefit from modern mastering methods.
    Brickwalling should be a crime!

word and word...........

hope they don't mess it up. would be nice for good sounding affordable copies to be available.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I remember when remastered was something to look forward to.  The last remastered albums that sounded really great were the recent 2017 NIN reissues.  Let's hope these sound as banging on vinyl as they should. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    ***Head's up - you can now add OG Ten with the other pre-sale albums to combine into a single shipment!***
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    wnh1977 said:
    Buy the new QOTSA record instead 
    This.  Yeah, a band actually doing things in the here and now.  Sorry, this like my 5th thread today featuring my vents.  I'm sorry.  It just pains me to see this band turn into this merch machine.  We have Backspacer and Lightning Bolt to show for the last ten years... oh, and a whole lotta nostalgia.  
    LB is so far above BS it's not even funny.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Im happy for the reissues...  these 3 i dont have and will gladly pick them up.  Then I just sit and wait for new music.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited September 2017
    Odd They show a new Binaural cover layout in the first pic, but in the subsequent pics its the original.
    Edit* Same with the other two albums
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
    I have a question regarding the new Ten release. It says that is the original mix.

Is one of the lp in the super deluxe box set of Ten is also the original mix? 
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    maxferl said:
    I have a question regarding the new Ten release. It says that is the original mix.

Yes
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
    maxferl said:

Yes
    Thanks. Good news for my wallet. I'll keep this $20 to help me pay for the shipping fee of the other reissue that I don't have
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJ_Soul said:
    I might buy the new Ten reissue, because the only one I have is the beige one. I'd like one with the original looking cover, jusat because I really hate the beige one. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Like, "hey, what about the colour? Wanna change it up? .... How about a nice neutral, earthy tone, like the walls in that apartment I had back in 2002?"
    Agreed!  I absolutely hate that cover.
    I'll be buying the ten reissue of the original cover, and albums 6-8.
    Lots of new pj vinyl will be coming in the mail over the next several months!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    They really put a limit on the empty box at $45????

Glad to see the reissue on Binarul and Riot Act as those were the last 2 I needed to complete studio vinyl collection, still going back and forth on whether I should kick myself for nothing buying an empty box @ that price.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    JF129758JF129758 East Northport, NY Posts: 74
    Any word on if the empty box will be available again? The store really needs to do a better job of telling us when something is limited.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    JF129758 said:
    Any word on if the empty box will be available again? The store really needs to do a better job of telling us when something is limited.
    No word yet.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Just purchased the three albums.  Didn't have them yet so I'm pretty pumped!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited September 2017
    Soundstage Direct has these up for pre order. $25. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Actually on sale for $22.49 each with free shipping if you buy over $49.99 worth.
  • Options
    Interesting they don't have the Ten resissue.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    wnh1977 said:
    Buy the new QOTSA record instead 
    This.  Yeah, a band actually doing things in the here and now.  Sorry, this like my 5th thread today featuring my vents.  I'm sorry.  It just pains me to see this band turn into this merch machine.  We have Backspacer and Lightning Bolt to show for the last ten years... oh, and a whole lotta nostalgia.  
    LB is so far above BS it's not even funny.
    Funny, I hear it the exact opposite.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Actually on sale for $22.49 each with free shipping if you buy over $49.99 worth.

Thanks so much!  I have never shopped here before, just picked up Binaural/RA/S/T for $67.47 shipped!

• Options

OH NO!  Looking closer at the pics in the SHOP...

Binaural, Riot Act and Self-Titled all appear to be double LPs!  Really??