Options

Which album do you associate Alone with?

MF658872MF658872 Posts: 247
edited April 2017 in The Porch
Just a random thought, as it was recorded during the Ten sessions, but was released on a Vs single as a b-side
Philly 1 2016                     
EV New York 2016            
TOTD Philly 2 2016 
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
Boston 1 2018
Sea Hear Now 2021
EV New York 1 & 2 2022
Berlin 2022
Frankfurt 2022
New York 2022

Which album do you associate Alone with? 57 votes

Ten
66%
OceansJennymcgruff10my_wavespnooneCopperTomsachtrivCreedDiseasemr bungleTheLuckyOnesmookieblalockmfc2006dannyChazzJammalambotbergsFlying MXZmattcozjoberschlakeRS65573JS81606 38 votes
Vs
33%
ledveddermanNewJPageevenflow822-feign-reluctanceski-bumaustinevolution10Spiritual_ChaosmonkeyderfenJohnny WongpjsteelerfanDr DapsoyTim SimmonsEM22570mace1229HesCalledDyerAbe FromanRobbyD462PapJojoRice 19 votes
Post edited by MF658872 on

Comments

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Ten
    Just sounds to me like a 10 song.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Ten
    If I'm not mistaken, the music was definitely recorded during the Ten sessions...not sure about the vocal?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,942
    Vs
    VS.

But mostly I associate it with SAD. So maybe it should have been a double A-single with Sad to market Lost Dogs.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,909
    Vs
    Vs. because it was a b-side to Go.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    Ten
    excellent question.

music: ten
    time of release: vs
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Ten
    It really depends on which version of the song, but it originally came out of the Ten Sessions. I do like the version on the Go Single a lot, though. I'm happy that there's like 4 studio versions of this song and that it's made some appearances live over the last few years.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    Ten

It really depends on which version of the song, but it originally came out of the Ten Sessions. I do like the version on the Go Single a lot, though. I'm happy that there's like 4 studio versions of this song and that it's made some appearances live over the last few years.

4 studio? I only have 2.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Vs
    Just sounds slightly more Versusy to me.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Ten
    I listen to bootlegs only nowadays and those 1992 ones have a few performances of Alone.

Of course, the same argument could be made for Leash.
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Ten
    Which version of Alone is on Lost Dogs? Is it the original?
  • Options
    Ten

4 studio? I only have 2.
    There's 2 different demos from the Ten sessions, the Vs. single and the Lost Dogs version. I had a bootleg called The 5 Musketeers that had some of the Ten demos and the other one I found on Rarities & Unreleased Cuts, which was a promo disc that surfaced around Lost Dogs, I think? It's under the title of "Anything In Between" over on gremmie.net.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2017
    Ten

4 studio? I only have 2.
    Well, maybe even more..
    Out of the top of my head:
    Officially released versions:
    - b-side on the 'Go' single (buy it if you don't have it)
    - Lost Dogs version (as above)
    and Not officially released versions:
    - 1st week rehearsals version > Here it is
    - Ten Rough Mixes version > Here it is
    - Instrumental version (The Gossman Project) > Here it is
    All of these are different somehow.

plus, there's one included in the Vs. rough mixes too (I have the boot 'Five Against One' for it) and one in the rare promo containing tracks that were considered for Lost Dogs ('Rarities unreleased cuts', there's a .flac rip of the whole disc around).. I can't really remember right now if these last two versions are really different, though.. The Vs. rough mix may the same as the Go single (but worst sounding), anyway the one on the lost dogs production disc is, at least, different from the actual Lost Dogs album. Don't have time to check it now.
    Am I missing something?
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    Ten

Which version of Alone is on Lost Dogs? Is it the original?

It's either the original or the 2nd one. Ed put new vocals over it and the 2nd verse is cut in half. That's the way they performed it on the LB Tour.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Vs
    That's when it was released.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Vs
    It definitely has the angst of Vs.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024