Options

Harry Styles - Sign of The Times

Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,877
Very impressive.... Great song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyRL4lrWWk
1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I've only heard the song once during SNL and I was insanely impressed. I'm a tad miffed though. I have written original music that follows the EXACT progression as that song for the majority of it but haven't put words to it yet. Should have copy written that when I had the chance.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,681

I've only heard the song once during SNL and I was insanely impressed. I'm a tad miffed though. I have written original music that follows the EXACT progression as that song for the majority of it but haven't put words to it yet. Should have copy written that when I had the chance.

Go for it anyway, ledved. Your work is still your work and it will have your own touches. I hope we get to hear yours some day.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,681
    edited April 2017
    Attaway77 said:

Very impressive.... Great song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyRL4lrWWk

Nice song. Not sure about the hair style though. What's it called- the "Just Woke Up"?

Edit: Well OK then, I honest to God read the thread title as "Hair Styles- Sign of the Times". :lol:
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Bowie much?
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I agree. I thought it was the bomb. Wasn't familiar with his other stuff, but his voice is really powerful. Seems like a genuinely talented guy. Nice departure from the other stuff filling pop radio these days.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    I fast forwarded his performances but I thought he was hilarious as Mick Jagger on the Family Feud Skit.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited April 2017

Bowie much?

Without this comment I don't know that I would have listened to/watched that, but this got my curiosity. I agree, Bowie sounds like a huge influence, although as decent as the song is it doesn't even approach Bowie-levels of excellence. But not bad. I'm glad I watched.

Plus female drummers are awesome.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Just watched SNL last night. I didn't know Styles, and his former band wasn't in my wheelhouse, so I really had no previous exposure to him. I thought he did a great job on both songs, thought he was funny in the skits and especially liked him in Family Feud. Overall, for me at least, I think this episode probably will do great things for his career. It seems like he's learning a thing or two from Justin Timberlake in terms of morphing a career and shedding the boy band image.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    JH6056 said:

Bowie much?

Without this comment I don't know that I would have listened to/watched that, but this got my curiosity. I agree, Bowie sounds like a huge influence, although as decent as the song is it doesn't even approach Bowie-levels of excellence. But not bad. I'm glad I watched.

Plus female drummers are awesome.
    I liked it