Options

MSG to SEA re: "Personal Attacks & Gossip" (Dave Abbruzzese New Rolling Stone Article Thread)

Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
Hi SEA-

Please know that I'm in no way saying any of this with a snarky or snide undertone, but could you please elaborate as to what exactly in that thread was deemed worthy of having it shut down for violation of the forum guidelines?

I know you listed the rules at the end, but 95% of that thread was insightful and within the context of the topic and I'm not sure how any of those reasons apply.

I also understand that what took place with the HOF has been a divisive topic for which there have been a number of threads touching on it over the past 6 months or so-and that some of us are getting tired of the discussion, while others are not.

However, I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that not everyone has the time to scroll through the boards on a regular/daily basis & hasn't had the opportunity to discuss this in-depth with other members-it almost seems as if the opportunity to do so is now being somewhat censored.

The reason for saying this is because searching the board for threads on the topic shows no results, and now every time the topic has come up recently, the thread gets closed-a topic which is still relevant considering the induction took place just 7 days ago; Even a poll was shut down earlier today that had 71% of respondents saying he should have been inducted.

So I'm just wondering if this is now an "off limits" topic because nobody wants to get banned and its beginning to seem like posting about it is being frowned upon.

If I am wrong, then I apologize for my ignorance-I'm just going off my observation and like I said, it seems as if anything pertaining to this topic has been closed or removed from the board all together-and I'm just wondering why.

Thanks for the time.

Jam On.

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Honestly op, I think the mods are tired of discussing Dave A, nothing more nothing less. While I am sure they all had some good times as a band We are talking about a guy who was fired 23 years ago. Time to move on. Have a great night.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,438
    There's a lot of speculation in all the DA threads. Speculation = Gossip
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    This is amazing :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Their place their rules. Ive been posting here for exactly 20 years. The two of them run the show. Just move on to a different topic.
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    edited April 2017

Their place their rules. Ive been posting here for exactly 20 years. The two of them run the show. Just move on to a different topic.

mcgruff10 said:

Honestly op, I think the mods are tired of discussing Dave A, nothing more nothing less. While I am sure they all had some good times as a band We are talking about a guy who was fired 23 years ago. Time to move on. Have a great night.

Yeah I understand that-I was just curious because I haven't been on in a while prior to the last month and expected there to be a lot of talk about it, yet noticed there weren't any threads and every thread that popped up either was locked or disappeared.

mcgruff10 said:

The mods shouldn't decide on what threads stays or goes based on what they are "tired of".

And not being able to talk a band member from the band this fanclubs message board is created for. Please.

If that would be true. Then, what is this. North Korea?
    That's what I mean-it seems a bit totalitarian. I was afraid to say it but thanks for co-signing the sentiment S.Chaos.

Post edited by Little Italy on
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited April 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

The mods shouldn't decide on what threads stays or goes based on what they are "tired of".

And not being able to talk a band member from the band this fanclubs message board is created for. Please.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419

mcgruff10 said:

It's a privately owned website and we are invited guests. They set the rules. Start your own website, set the rules, and have a blast. But when you're a guest in someone else's house you follow their rules. I don't get why that's a foreign concept to some people here.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

It's a privately owned website and we are invited guests. They set the rules. Start your own website, set the rules, and have a blast. But when you're a guest in someone else's house you follow their rules. I don't get why that's a foreign concept to some people here.
    Well, yes and no. Without us, this place doesnt exist. Your house or whatever analogy you're trying to make doesn't depend on that. We do come with the understanding it's their rules and they can do what they want, But, that comes with responsibility if they truly want this place to even exist. People leave all the time because of some seemingly draconian decisions and personal views. Enough leave, and does anyone care if the tree falls?

This does seem to be a harmless discussion that hurts nobody, And as others have said, it seems more fitting for the Porch than half the discussions that go on here, But, it's their house. If they don't want us in it, they can tell us to shut up. For a board that represents a liberal leaning band, they seem to have one way of looking at these things. Oh, wait, Very fitting. Never mind. Carry on (or don't. They'll let us know).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Well, yes and no. Without us, this place doesnt exist. Your house or whatever analogy you're trying to make doesn't depend on that. We do come with the understanding it's their rules and they can do what they want, But, that comes with responsibility if they truly want this place to even exist. People leave all the time because of some seemingly draconian decisions and personal views. Enough leave, and does anyone care if the tree falls?

This does seem to be a harmless discussion that hurts nobody, And as others have said, it seems more fitting for the Porch than half the discussions that go on here, But, it's their house. If they don't want us in it, they can tell us to shut up. For a board that represents a liberal leaning band, they seem to have one way of looking at these things. Oh, wait, Very fitting. Never mind. Carry on (or don't. They'll let us know).
    Just give them the same respect you would want of a guest in your house.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,384
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Just give them the same respect you would want of a guest in your house.
    So I guess people don't enjoy coming over to your place if you control what they can say :wink: (kidding)

I don't think the "in their house" comparison works. They are choosing to review the threads. I don't think just because they are tired of a subject that they should shut the thread down. But oh well, there are other places for the conversations they don't want here to be had (YouTube comments for Dave A lol).
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    I have no comment about this thread.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    All this whining about the rules has us sounding exactly like the very topic at hand.

If you hate something, don't you do it too?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    We aren't guests in their house. We are paying customers of 10C.

There are rules here and the mods determine what is and what is not against those rules. That's how it works and we all know that. But that said, inquiring what exactly was the cause of a thread you created being locked isn't out of line.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Maybe it's because this topic has been discussed to death since the hall of fame announcement and is getting repetitive?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    ShanKathy said:

Maybe it's because this topic has been discussed to death since the hall of fame announcement and is getting repetitive?

Yes, it has been, but if there are people who still want to discuss it, who cares? Those that don't can just ignore it. I think the problem is when assumptions and guesses are being made about what did or didn't happen regarding the whole situation. That's what I perceive the reason to be for threads getting closed. No matter how sincere the OPs question is, this topic devolves into a back and forth attack and gossip type speculation.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    Sending Sea or Kat a PM probably would have been more effective. But, at least now we got the forum compared to North Korea! :rofl:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    No drummer left behind.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    No drummer left behind.
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    ^^^ Agreed. Also there has been a lot of negative remarks against Dave A. and closing the threads is a way to stop that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to new topics - tour, new music, DVDs and most important, what's in those mystery boxes? jk
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    ShanKathy said:

^^^ Agreed. Also there has been a lot of negative remarks against Dave A. and closing the threads is a way to stop that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to new topics - tour, new music, DVDs and most important, what's in those mystery boxes? jk

There have been a lot of negative remarks about Dave because he deserves every single one of them.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    4 starred thread. Would read again. Would recommend to family and friends.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289

ShanKathy said:

There have been a lot of negative remarks about Dave because he deserves every single one of them.
    This!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Personally I think the connecting of unconnected dots and 2+2=5 logic employed in blaming the band for Dave's behavior throughout this episode is what has gotten the threads locked.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

There are rules here and the mods determine what is and what is not against those rules. That's how it works and we all know that. But that said, inquiring what exactly was the cause of a thread you created being locked isn't out of line.

My analogy about the house is that this isn't a solely public space where the first amendment and free speech are the only rules that guide our behavior. It's a privately owned website and they invite us as guests to join and require us to follow some basic rules. Paying to be here doesn't make us any less of a guest and doesn't give us the freedom to say whatever we want. I'm a paying guest at a movie theater, restaurant and theme park. And I can't just do and say what ever I want there and then shout "is this North Korea?" when they ask me to leave.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    on2legs said:

JimmyV said:

My analogy about the house is that this isn't a solely public space where the first amendment and free speech are the only rules that guide our behavior. It's a privately owned website and they invite us as guests to join and require us to follow some basic rules. Paying to be here doesn't make us any less of a guest and doesn't give us the freedom to say whatever we want. I'm a paying guest at a movie theater, restaurant and theme park. And I can't just do and say what ever I want there and then shout "is this North Korea?" when they ask me to leave.
    Read my comment again. I did not say that we should have "the freedom to say whatever we want".

I just responded to mcgruff10s' comments.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

on2legs said:

JimmyV said:

Read my comment again. I did not say that we should have "the freedom to say whatever we want".

Ok. As long as you're sure this isn't a Kim Jong-un run website.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840

on2legs said:

JimmyV said:

The mod's can delete anything they seem fit. It's not our call. It's definitely not North Korea but it's also not 100% 1st amendment.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    I thought this was going to be about Madison Square Garden and Seattle!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    NHiding said:

I thought this was going to be about Madison Square Garden and Seattle!

Funny, I thought the same thing when I first looked at it on the board, but the parentheses part cleared that up.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.