Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Binaural Round 2

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Gods' Dice
    derbydave said:

Breakerfall better not go out this early!! Absolutely love it! I'll never forget the moment I heard it live for the first time. One of those full-body joy moments that we only get a few of in our lives.

LOVE Breakerfall too...
    Was Tulsa the first time you got Breakerfall Jen??
    Yes!!! I'd been hoping for binaural songs in either or both Tulsa and Lincoln as they were my only shows that year. I missed the entire binaural tour (and ra, avocado and bs) with little kids at home. I didn't have any binaural songs up until that point. I faithfully bumped one of those request threads for binaural songs leading up to those 2 shows. I was hoping for any of them but honestly didn't let myself dream of Breakerfall (my favorite.... I don't think it's corny :wink: ). When the first chord of Breakerfall hit my ears followed by that scream.... lost my mind! Amazing feeling! Also got light years, gods dice and insignificance the next night in Lincoln!! Great 2 nights!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Breakerfall

mcgruff10 said:

you can't even come close to comparing no code to binaural, not even in the same league

I really wish you'd stop making comments like this. It offers nothing to the conversation. Maybe it ends there for you, and that's fine, but we're six albums into this. You should know that not everyone is going to agree with you by now. I ignored it when you tried to single me out with a comment like this before, but this is Binaural and I won't have it.
    Wow.

People everywhere are making comments comparing songs within albums... songs between albums... and albums themselves. It's what makes this exercise enjoyable. There's no need to get hostile.

And, for the record, he's right (at least in my mind).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Nothing As It Seems

mcgruff10 said:

you can't even come close to comparing no code to binaural, not even in the same league

I really wish you'd stop making comments like this. It offers nothing to the conversation. Maybe it ends there for you, and that's fine, but we're six albums into this. You should know that not everyone is going to agree with you by now. I ignored it when you tried to single me out with a comment like this before, but this is Binaural and I won't have it.
    Wow.

People everywhere are making comments comparing songs within albums... songs between albums... and albums themselves. It's what makes this exercise enjoyable. There's no need to get hostile.

Porch battles make me laugh.
    Little AMTers in training.
    Anyway,
    NAIS won't be in the final so just vote for it now people.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Thin Air

mcgruff10 said:

Wow.

There's no right or wrong on the Porch. We save that for the AMT, where you're always wrong :wink:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Parting Ways
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything...just making conversation. I thought binaural was a very weak follow up to yield and it never translated well live. There's definitely some gems on binaural but I never got into it even after seeing pj 7 times in 2000. So to me binaural isn't even remotely close to no code.
    Disagree. Binaural is much angrier. I prefer it to no code.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Gods' Dice

derbydave said:

Breakerfall better not go out this early!! Absolutely love it! I'll never forget the moment I heard it live for the first time. One of those full-body joy moments that we only get a few of in our lives.

LOVE Breakerfall too...
    Yes!!! I'd been hoping for binaural songs in either or both Tulsa and Lincoln as they were my only shows that year. I missed the entire binaural tour (and ra, avocado and bs) with little kids at home. I didn't have any binaural songs up until that point. I faithfully bumped one of those request threads for binaural songs leading up to those 2 shows. I was hoping for any of them but honestly didn't let myself dream of Breakerfall (my favorite.... I don't think it's corny :wink: ). When the first chord of Breakerfall hit my ears followed by that scream.... lost my mind! Amazing feeling! Also got light years, gods dice and insignificance the next night in Lincoln!! Great 2 nights!
    Tulsa & Lincoln were INCREDIBLE back to back shows!!
    That drive was not fun though...
    felt like we were never gonna get thru Kansas!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Parting Ways
    set killer? hardly

• Options
    Nothing As It Seems

set killer? hardly

As I was almost suffering from heatstroke at the Gorge (like many that day) one of the last songs I wanted to hear after a long day of being cooked alive was Gods Dice.
    Set killer from that day on.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Sleight Of Hand
    Shit! Parting Ways is now in a tie for third (and thus on the chopping block in round 2).

Please stop this madness!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    Light Years
    Parting Ways has 11 votes at the moment, which would see it knocked out...

Its official, I don't understand what is going on around here anymore...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737

Wow.

People everywhere are making comments comparing songs within albums... songs between albums... and albums themselves. It's what makes this exercise enjoyable.

Really didn't think that would be read as hostile. That wasn't intended. Like the rest of us, 100% of what has glued me to these threads is hearing other people's preferences from song to song and album to album. What I don't appreciate is people shooting other people down on the grounds of "there's no comparison". I'll leave the irony of it alone, but that statement quite literally ends the conversation. I'm just over it.

I knew the Binaural weakest link was gonna get too real for me!
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    goldrush said:

I won't be a part of this! ;)
  • Options
    Breakerfall

Wow.

People everywhere are making comments comparing songs within albums... songs between albums... and albums themselves. It's what makes this exercise enjoyable.

Really didn't think that would be read as hostile. That wasn't intended. Like the rest of us, 100% of what has glued me to these threads is hearing other people's preferences from song to song and album to album. What I don't appreciate is people shooting other people down on the grounds of "there's no comparison". I'll leave the irony of it alone, but that statement quite literally ends the conversation. I'm just over it.

It came across a little hostile, but thanks for clarifying.

I think this exercise is awesome because it's not so much 'who's right' and 'who's wrong' for a win... it's more a case of passion driving discussion where there never could be any 'right' or 'wrong' or 'winner' (my choice hadn't always been the winner, but I stand by my choice undeterred nonetheless just like everybody else has done).

Ultimately, we're all on common ground here despite minute disagreements. We're discussing great pieces of work that have shaped our lives to some degree.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Breakerfall
    Ok. Finally voted.
    I'm surprised by the lack of love for Sleight of Hand ...
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Thin Air

goldrush said:

My vote will be to save my least favorite child I guess. Gonna wait it out.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Grievance
    Hard to pick one this round
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Sleight Of Hand

Hard to pick one this round

You picked grievance professor?!?! What s wrong with you? ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Sleight Of Hand

Wow.

I don't recall shooting anyone down. What I did say was that no code and binaural are not in the same league and I stand by my opinion.
    All good fun.
    Looks like my pick could be out early, maybe light years for the win instead of parting ways?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Breakerfall
    tbergs said:

goldrush said:

You could have heard a pin drop when tbergs stopped.., and locked the door.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Thin Air
    Bummed that Rival didn't make the cut.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Gods' Dice
    derbydave said:

derbydave said:

LOVE Breakerfall too...
    Opposite for me! Loved the drive! We were so pumped we said screw the $150 hotel room let's DRIVE! Drove straight through and arrived directly to the GA line in Lincoln at about dawn and then slept on the sidewalk. Borrowed a sleeping bag from a guy from Colorado I'd never met before bc I was FREEZING on the concrete. Ordered delivery pizza to the GA line later that day. Sigh. Mommy needs a tour. :wink:
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Gods' Dice

derbydave said:

derbydave said:

LOVE Breakerfall too...
    Opposite for me! Loved the drive! We were so pumped we said screw the $150 hotel room let's DRIVE! Drove straight through and arrived directly to the GA line in Lincoln at about dawn and then slept on the sidewalk. Borrowed a sleeping bag from a guy from Colorado I'd never met before bc I was FREEZING on the concrete. Ordered delivery pizza to the GA line later that day. Sigh. Mommy needs a tour. :wink:
    We left Tulsa around 6am and got in to Lincoln around 1pm...
    went straight to the merch line!!
    Next time you talk to Ginger...
    ask her about our bathroom break in the middle of Kansas!!!
    #ScarredForLife
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Grievance
    Light Years is one of their best....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Breakerfall

Light Years is one of their best....

I agree. Hopefully the binaural winner
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    edited April 2017
    Sleight Of Hand
    Sleight of hand is a snoozer for me. It has never gone anywhere musically, imo.

I am shocked rival went out. That riff, the lilting middle section, every grain of sand equals all the stars and everyone, the breakdown.

We need more stone riffs and less Eddie mushiness, imo.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Breakerfall

Sleight of hand is a snoozer for me. It has never gone anywhere musically, imo.

I am shocked rival went out. That riff, the lilting middle section, every grain of sand equals all the stars and everyone, the breakdown.

We need more stone riffs and less Eddie mushiness, imo.

Sleight of Hand is amazing but I will agree with you on the rest. The first three songs that should have been booted off were the first three songs on the record.
  • Options
    Thin Air

tbergs said:

goldrush said:

Haha! Had to look those lines up. Coward of the County, huh? Well, I guess that's accurate right now. My biggest problem is that I still haven't decided what song I think should win this album so I'm frozen by indecision. I don't want SoH to go, but it's a lost cause right now, so maybe I'll throw a vote at Thin Air.
  • Options
    Gods' Dice
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

goldrush said:

Haha! Had to look those lines up. Coward of the County, huh? Well, I guess that's accurate right now. My biggest problem is that I still haven't decided what song I think should win this album so I'm frozen by indecision. I don't want SoH to go, but it's a lost cause right now, so maybe I'll throw a vote at Thin Air.
    Yes! Save Breakerfall!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Breakerfall
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

goldrush said:

Lol

Couldn't resist.

And SoH has not been respected as much as it should have. Binaural doesn't do it for me as much as it works for others, but that song is decent.
This discussion has been closed.