Options

What's next for Pearl Jam?

After the RnR HoF and them being away from each other (Matt is touring with Soundgarden, Eddie touring solo this summer) what do you think will happen next?

A tour? New record? Binaural/Riot Act super deluxe?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I am going to assume that some time later this year they will get back together and record a new record and then some fans will complain about the record and talk about Brendan ruined the record and after that Pearl Jam will go on tour and those same fans will complain about the set list but thats just my opinion
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    new album and tour next year binaural/riot act would be fucking awesome
    danny d
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    fife said:

I am going to assume that some time later this year they will get back together and record a new record and then some fans will complain about the record and talk about Brendan ruined the record and after that Pearl Jam will go on tour and those same fans will complain about the set list but thats just my opinion

don't forget complaints about tickets
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    matt will quit to be with SG full time, dave K will be invited back, and dave A will have an aneurysm.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

fife said:

don't forget complaints about tickets
    I didn't forget that but didn't want to seem so negative
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    I predict they probably start on a new album (I won't predict how much progress they make on it). Next year they'll probably play some shows. Probably not enough dates to satiate the # of fans who want to see them play, so I predict ticket demand to far outstrip ticket supply :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    work new album,..world tour 2018
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933

matt will quit to be with SG full time, dave K will be invited back, and dave A will have an aneurysm.

Dave A

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

is the eastern US considered the "world" now? :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited April 2017

After the RnR HoF and them being away from each other (Matt is touring with Soundgarden, Eddie touring solo this summer) what do you think will happen next?

A tour? New record? Binaural/Riot Act super deluxe?

I am assuming they are off of the super deluxe reissues, since they didn't do it for No Code and Yield. My guess is that we'll see the next reissues in 2018 or 2019. And yeah, I think they'll do a new album for Fall 2018 perhaps. I hope so, anyway. Maybe they'll hold on for Summer 2019.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Oh please let this happen. Except for the aneurysm part. I believe in karma.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    fife said:

Dammit!!! Why did you have to ruin the plot for me :anguished:
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Play my birthday party
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

spill it
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930

spill it