Options

R&RHOF-DAD

RF283878RF283878 Posts: 208
I would like to congratulate PJ on making into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame. I also would like to thank Pearl Jam for over the years of music that pulls me through different and difficult situations. I'm writing this because I need to express my love for the music and for my father. My father just passed away on and I need an outlet to tell my extended family of Pearl Jam family and friends.

My Father passed away just Saturday night he was 80. My father was everything thing to me, my friend, best friend! That's an understatement. I loved him very much and still do. My heart is very heavy right now of writing this. My father was the world to me, to my mother, my brother and sisters and to his friends. My mother and father was married for 54 years, that's just awesome. Mom is strong, as we all are but with many memories of dad.

Again, Pearl Jam has been part of my life especially when I think of Dad, I think of Eddie playing.

Man of the Hour!!

Thank you Ed for the beautiful song and words.

Make sure you tell the ones you love. I love you and give them a big hug today.

R.I.P Frank "Smokey" Fehring

Thank you all that has read this.

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I definitely know how you feel. April 6th was the 13th anniversary of losing my own father & it's always a tough day. PJ's music has really helped me in so many ways, but most of all when he passed away. You'll always miss him, but you will be able to bear the pain a bit more with each passing day. Thinking of you & your family and feel free to reach out if you ever want to vent or talk.

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thanks Matt!! Much appreciated!!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    Sorry man...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    extremely sorry. sending thoughts your way
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My condolences and good thoughts to you and your family. The loss can be so difficult (I can't even imagine what it must be like for your mom), even when softened a bit over time. Today is the sixth anniversary of losing my mother-in-law. Tears shed every year since, and every year to come. Same for my dad.

And 54 years...man. May the good times and memories had over that long span of time carry her - and you all - through.
  • Options
    I appreciate hedonist, your kind words. Thank you. As of right now each day, each moment,each second of the day that goes buy tends to be a stand still
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Very sorry to hear about your dad passing away, RF. Wishing you peace of mind in the coming days. Keep him close to year heart.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    RF sorry to hear about your Big Fish moving onto another place. my dad passed a couple of years ago and i still think about it a lot. like you, i was lucky, in that he lived a full life, passing away in his early 80's. it's come down to a glass half full for me....and i consider myself massively blessed that i knew and loved that man for as long as i did. he made me who i am and that will never be forgotten. especially, hug your mom cause she needs it more than you can imagine.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,838
    RF, Sounds like you and your siblings were blessed w/ an awesome father and your mom was blessed w/ an awesome husband. I'm sorry to hear of your loss and lift up a prayer for you and your family. Rest in peace, Smokey.
  • Options
    Thanks you all, the comments are very nice.