Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Raining bombs down on Vietnam and Iraq also bad.

Atomic Weapons?  bad.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying
    My feelings aren't hurt. Call me down as much as you want.

From the sounds of this post and several others of yours... it sounds like your feelings are a little hurt though.

Your country elected a f**king moron. Deal with it. Don't sit there and say, "Hey. Just cuz we elected a f**king moron... that doesn't mean we're morons." Because... actually... it does.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my2hands said:
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying
    no one is "stereotyping your country". or name calling. 

how is anyone stereotyping you if you aren't a trump supporter? explain that one to me. 

"educate yourself". ha. good one. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2hands said:

From the sounds of this post and several others of yours... it sounds like your feelings are a little hurt though.

Your country elected a f**king moron. Deal with it. Don't sit there and say, "Hey. Just cuz we elected a f**king moron... that doesn't mean we're morons." Because... actually... it does.
    You're basically...proving...his point
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    my2hands said:

DUDE. you aren't helping. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    my2hands said:

It means we have a bunch of morons, not that we're all morons.  The vote wasn't unanimous.  
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

It means we have a bunch of morons, not that we're all morons.  The vote wasn't unanimous.  
    this distinction is important. i mean, seriously, 20% of the country voted for him. it's ridiculous to call everyone morons. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

And we have never said that, and that is why it's so off-side that my2hands is accusing us of it (up until Thirty's bad post here, hahaha, but I think we do all know that Thirty also doesn't think that all Americans are morons. He was just trying to make some kind of point.... hyperbole I would say, Definitely not helpful, lol).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    But look, my2hands' position is that "America is just fine." He really seems to want everyone to admit that. Obviously very few or none of us are even close to thinking that. So my2hands, you're never going to be satisfied with our position.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

And we have never said that, and that is why it's so off-side that my2hands is accusing us of it (up until Thirty's bad post here, hahaha, but I think we do all know that Thirty also doesn't think that all Americans are morons. He was just trying to make some kind of point.... hyperbole I would say, Definitely not helpful, lol).
    Actually Thirty Bills's implication is that we are all morons, that's why I made my comment.  

• Options
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Actually Thirty Bills's implication is that we are all morons, that's why I made my comment.  

Did you read my whole post? I addressed that directly....
  • Options
    Was that edited?   I think I quoted and started writing before.  I swear I didn't see it.  But yes, I was pointing to that example, coincidentally.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Was that edited?   I think I quoted and started writing before.  I swear I didn't see it.  But yes, I was pointing to that example, coincidentally.  
    It wasn't edited since you quoted it, no. ;)
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure why anyone gets all amped up about our Canadian friends engaging in our political discussion.  While I may disagree with @BS44325 , I don't recall anyone saying he shouldn't post because he is Canadian (maybe they did, but I would vehemently disagree)  I'm baffled by this whole line of discussion.  In this forum, why would someone's country be relevant at all to the discussion?
    to be fair, I recall H2M, on a number of occasions, referring to BS's citizenship in a less-than-complimentary way. 

But I agree completely. 
    In advocating for US military involvement overseas, of which he neither has friends, family serving or a financial stake in via tax dollars and usually in support of a Zionist agenda. Damn right I’ll call that out and criticize it.
    This is totally a fair criticism. The only thing I point out when you make this argument is that I am urging my country to participate and join you! We should increase our contribution to NATO and join you in the fight for freedom. Both you and Trump are exactly right on this!
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I'm not in that group of Canadians. I think your country and your people are the greatest, most generous people in the world. It is my country that lives under the security blanket you provide and dares to complain.
  • Options
    H2M's newsletter was dead on!!  Mueller is writing the final report.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/politics/trump-reviewing-answers-mueller/index.html
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    edited November 2018
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure why anyone gets all amped up about our Canadian friends engaging in our political discussion.  While I may disagree with @BS44325 , I don't recall anyone saying he shouldn't post because he is Canadian (maybe they did, but I would vehemently disagree)  I'm baffled by this whole line of discussion.  In this forum, why would someone's country be relevant at all to the discussion?
    to be fair, I recall H2M, on a number of occasions, referring to BS's citizenship in a less-than-complimentary way. 

But I agree completely. 
    In advocating for US military involvement overseas, of which he neither has friends, family serving or a financial stake in via tax dollars and usually in support of a Zionist agenda. Damn right I’ll call that out and criticize it.
    This is totally a fair criticism. The only thing I point out when you make this argument is that I am urging my country to participate and join you! We should increase our contribution to NATO and join you in the fight for freedom. Both you and Trump are exactly right on this!
    Advocating and doing are two separate things entirely. And that’s not typically how you state it. You advocate for and promote US involvement all around the world but I’ve yet to see you post how you’d like Canada to have 6 battle fleets, 2MM of your citizens on active military duty or send 100,000 of them to Iraq or 30,000 to Afghanistan. Or maybe prevent the Chinese from building artificial islands in the South China Sea. 

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

It's not about morons or not morons. My province now has a Doug Ford government after many years of a liberal government. My city used to have a Rob Ford government and now has a more centrist government. We're all the same people who on occasion decide to choose a different path. We don't just one day wake up with morons voting or not voting. You guys do yourself a disservice by continuing to cast the "moron" aspersion on to the other half of your country.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I'm not in that group of Canadians. I think your country and your people are the greatest, most generous people in the world. It is my country that lives under the security blanket you provide and dares to complain.
    :lol:
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:

But I agree completely. 
    There you go ruining a good argument by embracing the chicken hawk argument. You were sooo close...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:

I will let that speak for itself.

people think I'm just making shit up and want to bang on my Canadian friends? yeah, not quite

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I need to hang out with this dude

BS, you'll always be good in my book brother

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    H2M's newsletter was dead on!!  Mueller is writing the final report.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/politics/trump-reviewing-answers-mueller/index.html
    Fan club zine. Contest was name 3 of 5 felony charges to be filed.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:

You're basically...proving...his point
      My team plays a game that we lose. I don't say, "Hey. Only some of us lost."

That would be something a loser would say. A winner takes responsibility for their performances.

Somewhere in that list of replies is a stat that only 20% of the country voted for him. And what... 22% voted against him? Own it. Go out and do something about it. Nothing was really done at the midterms compared to what should have been done.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

oh puhhh-leaze. we never asked for any security blanket. we aren't the cowering little skinny kid begging for protection from the big bad bullies of the world. we just happen to be friends with the bully, so no one fucks with us, so we don't have to waste billions on our military. 

I'm sure you "dared to complain" quite a lot 2008-2016. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I like this guy. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I like this guy. 
    then you are easily swayed by a few silly compliments. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

It's not about morons or not morons. My province now has a Doug Ford government after many years of a liberal government. My city used to have a Rob Ford government and now has a more centrist government. We're all the same people who on occasion decide to choose a different path. We don't just one day wake up with morons voting or not voting. You guys do yourself a disservice by continuing to cast the "moron" aspersion on to the other half of your country.
    It's very difficult for me to understand voting for someone who is amoral, lacks a political philosophy, lacks empathy for his fellow Americans and lies habitually.  The only thing he truly cares about are illegal immigrants and his name.  That's literally it.  So I'm being generous by ascribing ignorance to voting for him.  The other adjectives are much worse.  
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

You can say that again.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I need to hang out with this dude

BS, you'll always be good in my book brother

And I will let that speak for itself.
This discussion has been closed.