Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2018
    Rosenstein has been summoned to the  White House.  Figures that 45 is in New York. He can't do his own dirty work. If Rosenstein refuses to resign, will 45 'bravely' fire by tweet? This could get ugly.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    njnancy said:
    Rosenstein has been summoned to the  White House.  Figures that 45 is in New York. He can't do his own dirty work. If Rosenstein refuses to resign, will 45 'bravely' fire by tweet? This could get ugly.
    The question is..then what?  Who assumes control of the Mueller investigation?  Will it be a new appointee (I'm not sure if a deputy has to go through confirmation) or would an existing deputy take the reigns?  If the latter, I would think the investigation is safe.  If there's a new deputy and they don't have to go through confirmation, then you can expect a hack.  It will interesting if Sessions acquiesces to such a miscarriage of justice.  He has been surprisingly resolute recently.  It appears he is trying to salvage his legacy.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    It looks like the WH leaked that Rosenstein resigned.  I assume that was an attempt to get him to resign but I don't think it's going to work.  Rosenstein seems to take no shit from this piece of shit white house.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    The question is..then what?  Who assumes control of the Mueller investigation?  Will it be a new appointee (I'm not sure if a deputy has to go through confirmation) or would an existing deputy take the reigns?  If the latter, I would think the investigation is safe.  If there's a new deputy and they don't have to go through confirmation, then you can expect a hack.  It will interesting if Sessions acquiesces to such a miscarriage of justice.  He has been surprisingly resolute recently.  It appears he is trying to salvage his legacy.  
    The solicitor general, Noel Francesco,  would be the next in line and would assume the control (or devastation) of the Mueller investigation.The President can appoint any previously appointed, senate confirmed person if the position is open due to death, resignation or inability to perform duties. Rosenstein's people say he will not resign. Creating an opening through firing someone would not fit into that definition described in the vacancy act. But rule of law does not seem to matter much to this President.   

Amazing how he is using an article in what he refers to as 'fake news' as his impetus to do what he has wanted to do. 

The solicitor general has entanglements with Trump's legal firms. 

There is no protection for Mueller; Congress has declined to pass a law to do so. 

This is serious shit. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    Noel Fransisco, the Solicitor General, is then in charge of the Mueller probe. What the hell is a solicitor general? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    what an absolute clusterfuck. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    njnancy said:
    to be fair, is it not normal for the Chief of Staff to be the one to fire people?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Monday Massacre ala Nixon.  The Trump team definitely planted this story.  It seems to be foolish timing.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    Noel Fransisco, the Solicitor General, is then in charge of the Mueller probe. What the hell is a solicitor general? LOL
    The Solicitor General argues Supreme Court cases.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    What a fucking mess.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited September 2018
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    The solicitor general, Noel Francesco,  would be the next in line and would assume the control (or devastation) of the Mueller investigation.The President can appoint any previously appointed, senate confirmed person if the position is open due to death, resignation or inability to perform duties. Rosenstein's people say he will not resign. Creating an opening through firing someone would not fit into that definition described in the vacancy act. But rule of law does not seem to matter much to this President.   

Amazing how he is using an article in what he refers to as 'fake news' as his impetus to do what he has wanted to do. 

There is no protection for Mueller; Congress has declined to pass a law to do so. 

This is serious shit. 

Then it's up to the dems for once to have a spine.

Start withholding quorum at every opportunity to slow down kavanaugh. Shut the govt down until Congress passes a law to protect Mueller.

But they won't because they dont
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

This is serious shit. 

Start withholding quorum at every opportunity to slow down kavanaugh. Shut the govt down until Congress passes a law to protect Mueller.

They had better learn how to fight like Republicans & quickly. 

I always find 45's bs "you're fired" persona laughable since he is incapable of firing anyone in person. 

Rosenstein's been meeting with Kelly for quite some time now.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

This is serious shit. 

I always find 45's bs "you're fired" persona laughable, since he is incapable of firing anyone in person. 

He's been meeting with Kelly for quite some time. 
    I disagree.  The way they have handled this nomination has been "hardball" politics.  It's not dirty because they ddin't invent the shit, but it's hardball to spring it late, inflicting maximum damage.  If this came up 2 months ago, he would never have been nominated. 
  • Options
    What is Team trump Treason hiding?

"I don't know any Russians."
    "There wasn't any collusion."
    "I have nothing to hide."
    "I'll sit down and talk with anyone."
    "We do everything by the book."

Yea, sure.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

This is serious shit. 

I always find 45's bs "you're fired" persona laughable since he is incapable of firing anyone in person. 

Rosenstein's been meeting with Kelly for quite some time now.
    He still has his job for now. Trump and he are going to meet on Thursday. At the request of Rosenstein. 

The same day that the judiciary committee is having the new Kavanaugh hearing. 

• Options
    njnancy said:
    to be fair, is it not normal for the Chief of Staff to be the one to fire people?
    Not Acting Attorney General's in charge of a special investigation, no not normal. Hence, Thursday's meeting.
  • Options
    Time for... INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    mrussel1 said:
    Since there’s no money for that, I think infrastructure week means telling people to pass local tax levies to pay for that bridge.   
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    :rofl:
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Remember back A WEEK AND A HALF AGO?  Manafort Plea Deal?

How much longer is this goddamn movie?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Hello? Midas? Is that you?

Michele Bachmann Explains Why Everything Donald Trump Has Touched 'Turned To Gold' - HuffPost https://apple.news/AfAjmIxvvTJarNsh2fKx6qA
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

This is serious shit. 

I always find 45's bs "you're fired" persona laughable, since he is incapable of firing anyone in person. 

I disagree.  The way they have handled this nomination has been "hardball" politics.  It's not dirty because they ddin't invent the shit, but it's hardball to spring it late, inflicting maximum damage.  If this came up 2 months ago, he would never have been nominated. 

Two months ago they were trying to get access to all of his documentation. It was the gop playing hardball by denying access.

The timing of this news hitting late could easily be the decisions of Dr. Ford and not the dems.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

This is serious shit. 

Two months ago they were trying to get access to all of his documentation. It was the gop playing hardball by denying access.

The timing of this news hitting late could easily be the decisions of Dr. Ford and not the dems.
    Could be... and even if it wasn't, there are no hold barred on this after the Merrick Garland BS.  
  • Options
    Trump's reaction to being laughed at while ranting at the UN is kinda worrying.
    It seems he actually believes his lies that he gets away with to his maga-hatted usual crowd.

I prefer the idea he is just evil and tricking the uneducated white folks rather than him seeing himself as some powerful leader. Scary.

• Options
    Trump's reaction to being laughed at while ranting at the UN is kinda worrying.
    It seems he actually believes his lies that he gets away with to his maga-hatted usual crowd.

I prefer the idea he is just evil and tricking the uneducated white folks rather than him seeing himself as some powerful leader. Scary.

I think he is so narcissistic that he believes what his yes-men/women around him keep telling him: how awesome he is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Swedish newspapers reporting Trump was laughed at, at the UN? Haha...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Cringing. He's so embarrassing. :(

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Cringing. He's so embarrassing. :(

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Swedish newspapers reporting Trump was laughed at, at the UN? Haha...
    and he says later "I didn't expect that, but that's ok". he is so clueless as to how terrible he really is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.