Donald Trump

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Yeah and HAPPY 420.

De-schedule and De-criminalize.  NATIONWIDE.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    edited April 2018
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes.

Posing as ‘John Barron,’ he claimed he owned most of his father’s real estate empire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.f011ce632b4b

Con man
    His orangeness, his hair, his wealth, his intelligence, his health etc. etc.  Nothing is real about him
    Almost 63 million Americans voted for this con man. I'm still floored by it.

Idiots... or morally bankrupt.

There's no in-between in my mind.
    I know many and they don't fit your narrative.
    I said 'in my mind'.

I mean seriously... how the f**k could you vote for that guy?

Let me think back...though remember I didn't vote for him I do know many that did:

1) Abortion - some people I know have this a the only measuring stick.  If you are pro-choice, you are not electable in their minds.  Most of these people are highly religious.  But I have never been and I use to think somewhat like this as well.  Until I realized it was not smart to base decisions like this on only 1 matter that they do not even have the power to do anything about.

2) 2nd amendment - there are many that love their guns.  And really are responsible gun owners.  And for some reason they are convinced that any discussion about gun control mean taking all guns away.  So they won't vote for someone who is willing to have a discussion about gun control.  To be fair, over the last several years this has become my single-issue voter topic myself...but on the opposite side.

3) Big government - they are highly anti-government.  Think they are all crooks and waste tax $.  So a) wanted a non-washington person as president b) tend to vote republican thinking they will get tax break and spending will decrease.  (Unfortunately the republicans of late don't seem to give much tax relief and still spend way too much)

4) immigration reform - though I think many know it needs more than a wall...they wanted the government to enforce the laws we have that they've ignored for so long.

Honestly - those are the 4 biggest reasons I've heard. I was and still am intrigued about a true business person being president.  But not one like Trump, someone that had to run a corporation with a board and shareholders.  Trump was a dictator as a business man and now as a president.  Also - I could not overlook the fact that Trump had an extremely sexist and seems to be racist past, present and I'm sure future. 

To be honest - I actually am anti-abortion, anti-big government, and I want immigration reform and for the government to enforce our laws.  I just didn't like how trump was as a person and his extreme positions on those issues.  But many just wanted someone they thought would go against the "norm" and do something about those issues.  I wonder if they care about the details now?
    1- speaks to the idiot (the welfare of the country means nothing when it comes to restricting a woman's choice... women... sheesh... just get barefoot int he kitchen already and know your place).

2- speaks to the idiot (scared a democratic government is planning on snatching everyone's guns).

3- speaks to the idiot (the government are all crooks so let's elect the biggest crook we know to really shove it in the government's face).

4- speaks to the immoral (having won the lottery of life... they refuse a lifeline to others in their finite time of being).
    You were right to quantify "in your mind" because I find your comments above to be part of the problem as to why we are where we are today.  Congratulations on making Donald Trump our president.

1) To many it is actually about saving a life.  Despite what you may think.
    2) I don;t think they are idiots for this, just unreasonable
    3) Again, I don;t think idiots.  It's not like they actually had a great choice to make there.  They wanted a non-washington type...heck so do I actually...and they were ok with ignoring personal faults to get it....I was not.
    4) Immoral?  Ok, that's just nonsense.  How many refugees you got living in your house?  Immoral, what a dumbass statement that just shuts down any real conversation.  again, nicely done.
    You don't think it's immoral the recent deportations where good American people have been shipped to another country- some even after having serving the US military? You think considering such as immoral is 'nonsense'?

Congratulations on supporting Donald Trump! Let me say it again, nicely done.
    I didn’t vote for trump.

do I think it’s immoral? No. Do I think it was the right way? No. But had republican and Democrats failed to enforce the law and do anything about it for a very long time. Yes. We need immigration reform and we weren’t getting it. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hell yeah enjoy light it up if you have and pass it around way better then passing around bottle of booze..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Tiki said:

2nd Amendment?  That shit is OLD and should be gotten rid of.  Muskets are different from Assault Rifles. 
    Got a Driver's License? They make you get that because operating a car is dangerous. What about a gun operators license?

Exactly, we are required to obtain a driver's license and show proof of car insurance every four years. Yet, I haven't heard any fake news crap about taking away my car.
    Just cannot understand why some people are opposed to licensing every gun owner and requiring proof of insurance. Hell, let's throw in a vision exam to renew a gun license, since a vision test is required to renew my driver's license.

And let's not talk about criminals would not get gun licenses, there are plenty of drivers on the road without a valid driver's license or proof of insurance.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Tiki said:

I support and endorse this message. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:

I support and endorse this message. 
    So does Chuck Schumer! 

Chuck Schumer Will Unveil a Marijuana Decriminalization Bill on Friday—Which, Yes, Is 4/20

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    It must be a rough time to be a socially-moderate "small government" conservative.  When was the last time the GOP took any legitimate strides toward smaller government?  And while this isn't "bigger government," their affinity for deficits ought to be frustrating.  I get they don't like "tax and spend" but "don't tax and do spend" can't be better.  

So I get that people like this voted for him.  First, we knew Hillary was going to be more of the same from this perspective...Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.  So, hey, how about we roll the dice on a successful* businessman?  Maybe he'll be able to go in there and at least cut the silly spending.  I personally am always nervous about this notion of running the government like a business.  It seems like just a platitude floated by people that just assume "private good; public bad."  But that's how people feel.  Having worked for several government entities, I'll tell you that the ones that try to run themselves like a business (i.e., to "grow") are the ones that should piss taxpayers off the most and are the poorest stewards of public funding.

*He's not particularly successful...just a silver-spooner who turns almost everything to shit; but I don't think that was common knowledge.  He was, and still is, believed to be successful.

Anyhow, I'd hope it is these folks that would re-think their position in 2020.  One-issue voters on abortion and guns are going to vote "R" every time.  If anything, immigration will gain him voters.  But socially moderate fiscal conservatives?  Has this really gone how they'd like it to have gone?  Does the positive of the tax bill outweigh the long-term negatives and even if so does it outweigh the daily embarrassment, the tweets, and the tiptoeing toward authoritarianism?  

Of course there are other things beside those issues that fuel Trump supporters: Obama and Hillary, particularly the latter.  Trump and his followers are doing everything they can to keep Hillary on the radar.  Dislike of Hillary was an important factor in that election and I think they know keeping her (perceived as) relevant riles their people up.  What a populist candidate needs is an enemy to rally against.  Hillary was PERFECT for that.  Staring in about a year, I hope she does we she can to keep a low profile and I really hope the Democratic party recognizes that they have to find a candidate that is more difficult to demonize.  

Trump thrives on domestic enemies.  If there's no longer a Hillary factor, this may drive down the desire to support him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited April 2018

Let me think back...though remember I didn't vote for him I do know many that did:

1) Abortion - some people I know have this a the only measuring stick.  If you are pro-choice, you are not electable in their minds.  Most of these people are highly religious.  But I have never been and I use to think somewhat like this as well.  Until I realized it was not smart to base decisions like this on only 1 matter that they do not even have the power to do anything about.

2) 2nd amendment - there are many that love their guns.  And really are responsible gun owners.  And for some reason they are convinced that any discussion about gun control mean taking all guns away.  So they won't vote for someone who is willing to have a discussion about gun control.  To be fair, over the last several years this has become my single-issue voter topic myself...but on the opposite side.

3) Big government - they are highly anti-government.  Think they are all crooks and waste tax $.  So a) wanted a non-washington person as president b) tend to vote republican thinking they will get tax break and spending will decrease.  (Unfortunately the republicans of late don't seem to give much tax relief and still spend way too much)

4) immigration reform - though I think many know it needs more than a wall...they wanted the government to enforce the laws we have that they've ignored for so long.

Honestly - those are the 4 biggest reasons I've heard. I was and still am intrigued about a true business person being president.  But not one like Trump, someone that had to run a corporation with a board and shareholders.  Trump was a dictator as a business man and now as a president.  Also - I could not overlook the fact that Trump had an extremely sexist and seems to be racist past, present and I'm sure future. 

To be honest - I actually am anti-abortion, anti-big government, and I want immigration reform and for the government to enforce our laws.  I just didn't like how trump was as a person and his extreme positions on those issues.  But many just wanted someone they thought would go against the "norm" and do something about those issues.  I wonder if they care about the details now?
    I honestly don't know many that voted for him; those that did like that he "says what's on his mind" and all the other crap that's going along with this.

Most of my smarter conservative friends are more like you; maybe ambivalent on abortion but like small government, lower taxes, etc.  But I don't think any voted for him.  They were turned off by his history towards women (one friend with daughters made a big thing out of this; ten years ago, I wonder how he votes), his xenophobic rhetoric, and his general ridiculousness.  Those people have not changed.  And neither have the above ones who voted for him.  I have one facebook friend (fiscal conservative; social liberal) who has stated regret for her vote.  I'm not aware of anyone else I have contact with.

So I am curious as to whether any of the folks you know regret their vote, or, more importantly, don't think they'll vote for him in 2020.  Honestly, of the four reasons you cite, only those focused on #3 would be likely to flip, in my mind.  Trump's better for 1, and 4 for them than any Democrat.  #2 is a wash, but that's not how they tend to see it.(unless they are getting burned out on the circus).
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

I honestly don't know many that voted for him; those that did like that he "says what's on his mind" and all the other crap that's going along with this.

Most of my smarter conservative friends are more like you; maybe ambivalent on abortion but like small government, lower taxes, etc.  But I don't think any voted for him.  They were turned off by his history towards women (one friend with daughters made a big thing out of this; ten years ago, I wonder how he votes), his xenophobic rhetoric, and his general ridiculousness.  Those people have not changed.  And neither have the above ones who voted for him.  I have one facebook friend (fiscal conservative; social liberal) who has stated regret for her vote.  I'm not away of anyone else I have contact with.

So I am curious as to whether any of the folks you know regret their vote, or, more importantly, don't think they'll vote for him in 2020.  Honestly, of the four reasons you cite, only those focused on #3 would be likely to flip, in my mind.  Trump's better for them than any Democrat...unless they are getting burned out on the circus.
    Great question....from those that I know I think about 25% will say outright they regret their vote.  Those that vote on abortion will excuse everything for that...and there are some others that like the stress he is causing.  It's not as high as I would like ;)

And these are really all very good people.  Good jobs.  Good families.  Really help people out in their communities all the time.  I mean people that I would feel very comfortable leaving my daughter with.  I just can't understand how they don't regret their vote, but most do not....yet.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    OnWis97 said:

Most of my smarter conservative friends are more like you; maybe ambivalent on abortion but like small government, lower taxes, etc.  But I don't think any voted for him.  They were turned off by his history towards women (one friend with daughters made a big thing out of this; ten years ago, I wonder how he votes), his xenophobic rhetoric, and his general ridiculousness.  Those people have not changed.  And neither have the above ones who voted for him.  I have one facebook friend (fiscal conservative; social liberal) who has stated regret for her vote.  I'm not away of anyone else I have contact with.

So I am curious as to whether any of the folks you know regret their vote, or, more importantly, don't think they'll vote for him in 2020.  Honestly, of the four reasons you cite, only those focused on #3 would be likely to flip, in my mind.  Trump's better for them than any Democrat...unless they are getting burned out on the circus.
    Great question....from those that I know I think about 25% will say outright they regret their vote.  Those that vote on abortion will excuse everything for that...and there are some others that like the stress he is causing.  It's not as high as I would like ;)

And these are really all very good people.  Good jobs.  Good families.  Really help people out in their communities all the time.  I mean people that I would feel very comfortable leaving my daughter with.  I just can't understand how they don't regret their vote, but most do not....yet.  
    I know many such Trump voters who I would describe in similar terms. Good people who I believe made a very bad mistake in 2016. And, like you say, almost none of them seem to have any regrets yet. The reason why, in my opinion, is Fox News and conservative talk radio. The media they are consuming is depicting a version of current events that reinforces the reasoning behind their votes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    OnWis97 said:

Most of my smarter conservative friends are more like you; maybe ambivalent on abortion but like small government, lower taxes, etc.  But I don't think any voted for him.  They were turned off by his history towards women (one friend with daughters made a big thing out of this; ten years ago, I wonder how he votes), his xenophobic rhetoric, and his general ridiculousness.  Those people have not changed.  And neither have the above ones who voted for him.  I have one facebook friend (fiscal conservative; social liberal) who has stated regret for her vote.  I'm not aware of anyone else I have contact with.

So I am curious as to whether any of the folks you know regret their vote, or, more importantly, don't think they'll vote for him in 2020.  Honestly, of the four reasons you cite, only those focused on #3 would be likely to flip, in my mind.  Trump's better for 1, and 4 for them than any Democrat.  #2 is a wash, but that's not how they tend to see it.(unless they are getting burned out on the circus).
    The only place I see any #3s flipping to is a Libertarian candidate.  I do not foresee many Republican voters flipping to a Democrat vote unless the Democrat party itself flipped on a number of issues of interest.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:

The only place I see any #3s flipping to is a Libertarian candidate.  I do not foresee many Republican voters flipping to a Democrat vote unless the Democrat party itself flipped on a number of issues of interest.
    It’s not about flipping repubes but getting the base out and independents coming to your side.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:

While neither Cincy nor I were citing an actual cross-section of anything, it's comforting to know that there are some out there that regret their vote.  That 25% he cites might not vote Democrat, but they might go third or not at all.  If enough people regret their vote, that could be impactful.

Though I do agree with this:

It’s not about flipping repubes but getting the base out and independents coming to your side.
    It's about nominating a candidate that brings people to the polls.  Hillary was not that person (except maybe to bring people to vote against her)
    OnWis97 said:
    It must be a rough time to be a socially-moderate "small government" conservative.  When was the last time the GOP took any legitimate strides toward smaller government?  And while this isn't "bigger government," their affinity for deficits ought to be frustrating.  I get they don't like "tax and spend" but "don't tax and do spend" can't be better.  

So I get that people like this voted for him.  First, we knew Hillary was going to be more of the same from this perspective...Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc.  So, hey, how about we roll the dice on a successful* businessman?  Maybe he'll be able to go in there and at least cut the silly spending.  I personally am always nervous about this notion of running the government like a business.  It seems like just a platitude floated by people that just assume "private good; public bad."  But that's how people feel.  Having worked for several government entities, I'll tell you that the ones that try to run themselves like a business (i.e., to "grow") are the ones that should piss taxpayers off the most and are the poorest stewards of public funding.

*He's not particularly successful...just a silver-spooner who turns almost everything to shit; but I don't think that was common knowledge.  He was, and still is, believed to be successful.

Anyhow, I'd hope it is these folks that would re-think their position in 2020.  One-issue voters on abortion and guns are going to vote "R" every time.  If anything, immigration will gain him voters.  But socially moderate fiscal conservatives?  Has this really gone how they'd like it to have gone?  Does the positive of the tax bill outweigh the long-term negatives and even if so does it outweigh the daily embarrassment, the tweets, and the tiptoeing toward authoritarianism?  

Of course there are other things beside those issues that fuel Trump supporters: Obama and Hillary, particularly the latter.  Trump and his followers are doing everything they can to keep Hillary on the radar.  Dislike of Hillary was an important factor in that election and I think they know keeping her (perceived as) relevant riles their people up.  What a populist candidate needs is an enemy to rally against.  Hillary was PERFECT for that.  Staring in about a year, I hope she does we she can to keep a low profile and I really hope the Democratic party recognizes that they have to find a candidate that is more difficult to demonize.  

Trump thrives on domestic enemies.  If there's no longer a Hillary factor, this may drive down the desire to support him.
    Excellent post
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:

While neither Cincy nor I were citing an actual cross-section of anything, it's comforting to know that there are some out there that regret their vote.  That 25% he cites might not vote Democrat, but they might go third or not at all.  If enough people regret their vote, that could be impactful.

Though I do agree with this:

It's about nominating a candidate that brings people to the polls.  Hillary was not that person (except maybe to bring people to vote against her)
    The midterms are the focus now. Once the house and perhaps senate, flips, you’ll see energizing Democrat candidates come forward. No point announcing now or even being on the radar because of the withering onslaughts of character asassination and fake news propigated by Russian troll bots and the RNC. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes.

Posing as ‘John Barron,’ he claimed he owned most of his father’s real estate empire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.f011ce632b4b

Con man
    His orangeness, his hair, his wealth, his intelligence, his health etc. etc.  Nothing is real about him

I said 'in my mind'.

1- speaks to the idiot (the welfare of the country means nothing when it comes to restricting a woman's choice... women... sheesh... just get barefoot int he kitchen already and know your place).

2- speaks to the idiot (scared a democratic government is planning on snatching everyone's guns).

3- speaks to the idiot (the government are all crooks so let's elect the biggest crook we know to really shove it in the government's face).

4- speaks to the immoral (having won the lottery of life... they refuse a lifeline to others in their finite time of being).
    You were right to quantify "in your mind" because I find your comments above to be part of the problem as to why we are where we are today.  Congratulations on making Donald Trump our president.

3) Again, I don;t think idiots.  It's not like they actually had a great choice to make there.  They wanted a non-washington type...heck so do I actually...and they were ok with ignoring personal faults to get it....I was not.
    4) Immoral?  Ok, that's just nonsense.  How many refugees you got living in your house?  Immoral, what a dumbass statement that just shuts down any real conversation.  again, nicely done.
    Pinning the election of Trump on people who call out obvious morons and racists is a textbook move for those who care more about opposition to liberalism than they care about anything else.
    Not saying that's you, but you've pretty much adopted the playbook of the most idiotic bloc of Trump support.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Don’t discount Russia’s role in Trump getting elected.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

You don't think it's immoral the recent deportations where good American people have been shipped to another country- some even after having serving the US military? You think considering such as immoral is 'nonsense'?

I didn’t vote for trump.

do I think it’s immoral? No. Do I think it was the right way? No. But had republican and Democrats failed to enforce the law and do anything about it for a very long time. Yes. We need immigration reform and we weren’t getting it. 
    We need immigration reform?  Why?  Our country is doing better than ever in almost every way.
    Again, for some reason (my opinion is that it's just knee-jerk opposition to perceived liberal values) you have adopted the mantras of the bottom of the barrel.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

I didn’t vote for trump.

We need immigration reform?  Why?  Our country is doing better than ever in almost every way.
    Again, for some reason (my opinion is that it's just knee-jerk opposition to perceived liberal values) you have adopted the mantras of the bottom of the barrel.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. We need an actual plan. Not just ignoring we have people in the country that are not in the country legally. We need to write laws that we want and then enforce them. That’s not bottom barrel. You don’t just have laws and then not enforce them, that is stupid. Change the law.
    hippiemom = goodness
    rgambs said:

Pinning the election of Trump on people who call out obvious morons and racists is a textbook move for those who care more about opposition to liberalism than they care about anything else.
    Not saying that's you, but you've pretty much adopted the playbook of the most idiotic bloc of Trump support.
    I think that's a very growing thing. I think there are a lot of people who legitimately consider the American left to be the enemy and are far more interested in pissing them off or defeating them than they are what actually happens to the country.  And I suspect the venn diagram of them and Trump supporters looks almost like a circle.  Numbers?  I have no idea, but when you see people on various sites use the word "liberal" in every point they make...they're hyper-focused on what they perceive as their enemy.
    OnWis97 said:
    rgambs said:

I think that's a very growing thing. I think there are a lot of people who legitimately consider the American left to be the enemy and are far more interested in pissing them off or defeating them than they are what actually happens to the country.  And I suspect the venn diagram of them and Trump supporters looks almost like a circle.  Numbers?  I have no idea, but when you see people on various sites use the word "liberal" in every point they make...they're hyper-focused on what they perceive as their enemy.
    Another excellent post... you've mentioned this before and I think it is very true 
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

Don’t know why my reply didn’t send, tying again...

i dont think the issues i mentioned were “obvious morons and racist” type issues. Immigration reform doesn’t mean racist. And those type of comment eliminate important discussion. 

And i I do think that people that do that result in some plugging their ears and voting for trump.  I could be wrong there and maybe they would anyhow.

fyi - for like the 3rd time I posted what I heard people say about why voting for trump, I’m not a trump supporter.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

i dont think the issues i mentioned were “obvious morons and racist” type issues. Immigration reform doesn’t mean racist. And those type of comment eliminate important discussion. 

And i I do think that people that do that result in some plugging their ears and voting for trump.  I could be wrong there and maybe they would anyhow.

fyi - for like the 3rd time I posted what I heard people say about why voting for trump, I’m not a trump supporter.
    When trump weaves racism into his immigration policies, it’s hard to separate them and it creates coded language. “I’m not racist, I just support his immigration reform”. 
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

When trump weaves racism into his immigration policies, it’s hard to separate them and it creates coded language. “I’m not racist, I just support his immigration reform”. 
    You hear the dog whistles too? I don’t bark, do you?

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

But many were for immigration reform before trump’s version.

hippiemom = goodness
  • rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:
    dignin said:

Con man

I said 'in my mind'.

But many were for immigration reform before trump’s version.

Let me get this straight... you're not defending Trump... you are defending Trump supporters?

Is there a difference?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Rudy Ghouliani predicting the Team Mueller investigation will be over in a week, two tops.

Ghouliani has spoken.

Brilliantati©
    Rudy Ghouliani predicting the Team Mueller investigation will be over in a week, two tops.

Ghouliani has spoken.
    Maybe he already had a meeting with Muller and worked it all out after all he’s a master lawyer lol this move from bafoon is like if the Mets brought back Keith Hernandez to play 1st base ...
    Back and to the left... back and to the left 
This discussion has been closed.