Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/nearing-100-days-trumps-approval-at-record-lows-but-his-base-is-holding/2017/04/22/a513a466-26b4-11e7-b503-9d616bd5a305_story.html

The money quote

"Despite the public’s skepticism of Trump’s first 100 days, the survey finds little evidence voters would render a different verdict from last November, when Trump won key states needed to secure victory in the electoral college despite Clinton winning more votes nationwide."

The base is holding.

Of course it is.

A stupid person is a stupid person. The morons that are wearing their red hats and waiting for America to be great again are waiting for America to be great again.

And just like religion resides in people who have been brainwashed since they were a child and impressionable... racist attitudes do too. Trump's racist policies alone will always maintain a significant portion of the population.

To ensure a second term... Trump needs to draw the Christians in. He might be starting to doing so with his attacks on planned parenting. I feel if he... oh, say... legislated the Lord's Prayer to be read at all public schools before school started and some other nonsense... the Christians would probably really dig that and get behind him.

If a presidential candidate has the support of all the morons, racists, and Christians... it's over.
    Zito is one of the writers who saw the Trump win coming...

http://nypost.com/2017/04/22/how-trump-voters-feel-about-his-first-100-days/

You play right into Trump's hands by labeling his voters morons. Even Bernie gets that your elitism can't win.
    Agreed. Nothing like being called a moron to make me see that the other side was right. "Oh, when you put it like that, you must be right!"

Dividing America by labelling others as inferior, and accusing political opponents of doing so - seem to be the norm today regardless of political affiliation.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited April 2017
    BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/nearing-100-days-trumps-approval-at-record-lows-but-his-base-is-holding/2017/04/22/a513a466-26b4-11e7-b503-9d616bd5a305_story.html

The money quote

"Despite the public’s skepticism of Trump’s first 100 days, the survey finds little evidence voters would render a different verdict from last November, when Trump won key states needed to secure victory in the electoral college despite Clinton winning more votes nationwide."

The base is holding.

DONALD TRUMP'S LATEST APPROVAL RATINGS IN ELECTION SWING STATES SHOW HOW UNPOPULAR HE REALLY IS

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trumps-latest-approval-ratings-election-swing-states-588108
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

DONALD TRUMP'S LATEST APPROVAL RATINGS IN ELECTION SWING STATES SHOW HOW UNPOPULAR HE REALLY IS

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trumps-latest-approval-ratings-election-swing-states-588108
    Let's say he has a 2% approval rating...what changes? Anything? If the answer is no, why should anyone give a shit? Seems like the only purpose of the popularity conversation is for bragging rights, to be used for being smug towards political opponents, to divide America more, which Trump supporters can rightly fixate on as their man does whatever he wants with the public focused on division and pee parties in Russia. As though that's what the country needs.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

At least Jay Z took his hat off when he decided to sit at the head of the table in the situation room

http://swampland.time.com/2010/03/05/jay-z-and-beyonce-at-the-white-house-situation-room/

Umm.....do you see any difference in how Jay Z is dressed verses the trash that was in the oval office the other day? Any difference at all?
    Yah. I was confused trying to figure out what he was getting at as well?
    Who says that I am getting at anything? I have no problem with how either group is dressed. I have no problem with a mocking photo in front of Hillary. I have no problem with Jay Z taking the President's chair. None of this is a big deal...except to those who are easily triggered.
    Yah... I think you were trying to suggest something giving your timing and delivery.

I couldn't give two shits Kid Rock and Ted Nugent visited the White House and exhibited their poor character there. Do people actually think those idiots would be capable of an appropriate decorum when it might be called for?

Pure comedy. Part tragedy.
    We get it...they're deplorable.
    We get it. You're okay with him and not Jay Z because he's white and has an R next to his name. Cool passive agressive strawman deflection brah.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

If after 100 days, your approval is already at an all time low and the only positive you can draw is that the "base is holding,' merely 3 months in........that's.......not......good.......it's actually historically bad.

We were told there would be so much winning our heads would be spinning. That's not quite the case.
    His approval was low pre-election...that number has so far been proven to be an irrelevant statistic especially when the opposition is deemed to be worse.

There is nothing irrelevant about a historically low approval rating when trying to push legislation through. Who wants to be associated with the least popular president we've ever had?
    Congress is less popular then the President. They wish they had his low approval ratings.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

At least Jay Z took his hat off when he decided to sit at the head of the table in the situation room

http://swampland.time.com/2010/03/05/jay-z-and-beyonce-at-the-white-house-situation-room/

Umm.....do you see any difference in how Jay Z is dressed verses the trash that was in the oval office the other day? Any difference at all?
    Who says that I am getting at anything? I have no problem with how either group is dressed. I have no problem with a mocking photo in front of Hillary. I have no problem with Jay Z taking the President's chair. None of this is a big deal...except to those who are easily triggered.
    Yah... I think you were trying to suggest something giving your timing and delivery.

I couldn't give two shits Kid Rock and Ted Nugent visited the White House and exhibited their poor character there. Do people actually think those idiots would be capable of an appropriate decorum when it might be called for?

We get it. You're okay with him and not Jay Z because he's white and has an R next to his name. Cool passive agressive strawman deflection brah.
    I am ok with Jay Z...love that pic. Actually have most have his albums unlike the rest of you who probably only have the PJ christmas single. Can't say I'm a huge Beyoncé fan but Destiny's Child was the shit!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    benjs said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

Let's say he has a 2% approval rating...what changes? Anything? If the answer is no, why should anyone give a shit? Seems like the only purpose of the popularity conversation is for bragging rights, to be used for being smug towards political opponents, to divide America more, which Trump supporters can rightly fixate on as their man does whatever he wants with the public focused on division and pee parties in Russia. As though that's what the country needs.
    If you don't think politicians (think Republican congress up for re-election in 2018) don't look at polls and act accordingly you don't have a clue.

Trump's popularity or lack there of will have a major effect on his ability to get things done.
  • Options
    dignin said:

benjs said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

If you don't think politicians (think Republican congress up for re-election in 2018) don't look at polls and act accordingly you don't have a clue.

Trump's popularity or lack there of will have a major effect on his ability to get things done.
    And the polls they see is that 94% of republican voters are with Trump and are sticking with Trump. While democrats are seen to be "out of touch".
  • Options
    benjs said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

You've spoken to the notion that it's not helpful calling people morons when they enthusiastically support a blatantly incompetent, narcissistic, bumbling, pathological liar.

Here, you are ultimately suggesting Trump supporters are ignorant to his actions because they enjoy revelling in their victory and the opportunity to petulantly rub Trump in the face of their opposition so much. In other words... 'who cares what happens to the country as long as I get to see you mad.'

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for credibility and respect. That being said... what's the plan? You've alluded to what the country needs? What does it need and how does it get it?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I am ok with Jay Z...love that pic. Actually have most have his albums unlike the rest of you who probably only have the PJ christmas single. Can't say I'm a huge Beyoncé fan but Destiny's Child was the shit!
    Lol

Oh hey wait... 'the rest of you' includes me.

Dammit. You got me. And I had my mouth open.
  • Options
    The same poll that says Trump is so popular also says that in a rematch he would win the popular vote

That is the bottom line number that people concerned about congressional races are interested in.
  • Options

benjs said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

You've spoken to the notion that it's not helpful calling people morons when they enthusiastically support a blatantly incompetent, narcissistic, bumbling, pathological liar.

Here, you are ultimately suggesting Trump supporters are ignorant to his actions because they enjoy revelling in their victory and the opportunity to petulantly rub Trump in the face of their opposition so much. In other words... 'who cares what happens to the country as long as I get to see you mad.'

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for credibility and respect. That being said... what's the plan? You've alluded to what the country needs? What does it need and how does it get it?
    First, I'm sorry if that came across as a partisan attack on Trump supporters (which in retrospect I can see that it did), but I feel that the smug acknowledgment of success is very much alive on all places on the spectrum (left, right, and anywhere between) when successes are observed.

As for what the country needs, I'd argue that unity through compromise, a willingness towards experimentation in varying approaches and premises, an insistence from the public that governing be based on allegiance to the people over the party, and an attempt to create road maps towards that reality. It's common understanding that daunting tasks often remain undone because the stepping stones to arrive there are not properly identified, but I have yet to even hear of such a roadmap for reform.

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:

benjs said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

Speaking of deplorables

The money quote

The base is holding.

First, I'm sorry if that came across as a partisan attack on Trump supporters (which in retrospect I can see that it did), but I feel that the smug acknowledgment of success is very much alive on all places on the spectrum (left, right, and anywhere between) when successes are observed.

As for what the country needs, I'd argue that unity through compromise, a willingness towards experimentation in varying approaches and premises, an insistence from the public that governing be based on allegiance to the people over the party, and an attempt to create road maps towards that reality. It's common understanding that daunting tasks often remain undone because the stepping stones to arrive there are not properly identified, but I have yet to even hear of such a roadmap for reform.
    What you visualize would need a few things to occur. Among these things would be leadership.

Do you feel that the US has the leadership in place to facilitate such a change effort? I might be wrong, but I see the current leadership as one that seeks to take the country in the completely opposite direction from the vision you describe.

Don't get me wrong- I like your idea; however, the US is going in the opposite direction and fast.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    BS44325 said:

The same poll that says Trump is so popular also says that in a rematch he would win the popular vote

That is the bottom line number that people concerned about congressional races are interested in.
    That number just shows the residual, irrational Clinton hate. I'd like to see a trump vs. Sanders poll. Congressional candidates would also be interested in that one.
  • Options

Really?

I mean... this is classic. He is a wrecking ball for earth initiatives.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    bizarroworld tweet
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,576
    BS44325 said:

Polls a year and a half away from an election in which the candidate you trumpet isn't running are completely meaningless. The left is actively organizing, reenergizing and reengaging. Trump has plenty of time to self destruct, show his cluelessness and be impeached. All of which will be untenable policy positions for repubs in congress. But keep holding on to your poll.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

The undoctored photo was leaked:

How dare you sully the good name of Negan! Hes a psycho, but he aint no racist!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    But he is brilliant and exhibiting his brilliance on a daily basis. Plus, the impeachment ties to Russia are finally fading away.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/22/trump_says_congratulations_tremendous_to_purple_heart_recipient.html

Not sure how much more of an idiotic thing you can say to a veteran that receives the medal ! Thee most uneducated individual to ever hold office..
    Just because he attended college doesn't mean he actually learned anything...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited April 2017
    In the future we should not only demand to see each candidates tax returns....but each candidate should be required to undergo a psychological exam. This is one of the most incoherent interviews you will ever read from the "leader of the free world";

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83/Transcript-of-AP-interview-with-Trump?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

The President did a wide ranging interview with the AP where he talks about what he calls the "fake media."

Here's part of the conversation:

"TRUMP: No I have, it's interesting, I have, seem to get very high ratings. I definitely. You know Chris Wallace had 9.2 million people, it's the highest in the history of the show. I have all the ratings for all those morning shows. When I go, they go double, triple. Chris Wallace, look back during the Army-Navy football game, I did his show that morning.
    AP: I remember, right.

TRUMP: It had 9.2 million people. It's the highest they've ever had. On any, on air, (CBS "Face the Nation" host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It's the highest for "Face the Nation" or as I call it, "Deface the Nation." It's the highest for "Deface the Nation" since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It's a tremendous advantage.

I have learned one thing, because I get treated very unfairly, that's what I call it, the fake media. And the fake media is not all of the media. You know they tried to say that the fake media was all the, no. The fake media is some of you. I could tell you who it is, 100 percent. Sometimes you're fake, but — but the fake media is some of the media. It bears no relationship to the truth. It's not that Fox treats me well, it's that Fox is the most accurate.

AP: Do you believe that? That Fox —

TRUMP: I do. I get treated so badly. Yesterday, about the thing, you know when I said it's a terrorism ... it may be. I said it may be a terrorist attack and MSNBC, I heard, went crazy, "He called it a terrorist attack." They thought it was a bank robbery. By the way, I'm 10-0 for that. I've called every one of them. Every time they said I called it way too early and then it turns out I'm ... Whatever. Whatever. In the meantime, I'm here and they're not.

___

AP: Do you feel that one of the things with cable is there's such real-time reaction with everything you say?

TRUMP: Yeah.

AP: Can you separate that sometimes from that actual decision?

TRUMP: The one thing —

AP: That you have to do —

TRUMP: OK. The one thing I've learned to do that I never thought I had the ability to do. I don't watch CNN anymore.

AP: You just said you did.

TRUMP: No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say (inaudible)?

AP: You just said —

TRUMP: Where? Where?

AP: Two minutes ago.

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what'd I say, I stopped watching them. But I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what's going on.

AP: Right.

TRUMP: In fact, they also did. I never thought I had the ability to not watch. Like, people think I watch (MSNBC's) "Morning Joe." I don't watch "Morning Joe." I never thought I had the ability to, and who used to treat me great by the way, when I played the game. I never thought I had the ability to not watch what is unpleasant, if it's about me. Or pleasant. But when I see it's such false reporting and such bad reporting and false reporting that I've developed an ability that I never thought I had. I don't watch things that are unpleasant. I just don't watch them.

AP: And do you feel like that's, that's because of the office that you now occupy —

TRUMP: No.

AP: That you've made that change?

TRUMP: I don't know why it is, but I've developed that ability, and it's happened over the last, over the last year.

AP: That's interesting.

TRUMP: And I don't watch things that I know are going to be unpleasant. CNN has covered me unfairly and incorrectly and I don't watch them anymore. A lot of people don't watch them anymore, they're now in third place. But I've created something where people are watching ... but I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC anymore. I don't watch things, and I never thought I had that ability. I always thought I'd watch."

Here's the full transcript:

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83/Transcript-of-AP-interview-with-Trump?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,626
    He's developed the ability to not watch a tv show? Is that what he's saying?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

Apparently, it's hard to make sense of his rambling, incoherent idiocy.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Apparently, it's hard to make sense of his rambling, incoherent idiocy.
    Rambling brilliant incoherent idiocy.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I don't watch things, and I never thought I had that ability. I always thought I'd watch.

jesus
  • Options

Anyone know where this photo might have been taken and why Trump is wearing an earpiece? Seems maybe he's having answers fed to him?

http://www.cnn.com/

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    That's from the news conference he held with the ITAL prime minister.

No one's feeding him answers...believe me.

AP: If I could fit a couple of more topics. Jeff Sessions, your attorney general, is taking a tougher line suddenly on Julian Assange, saying that arresting him is a priority. You were supportive of what WikiLeaks was doing during the campaign with the release of the Clinton emails. Do you think that arresting Assange is a priority for the United States?

TRUMP: When Wikileaks came out ... never heard of Wikileaks, never heard of it. When Wikileaks came out, all I was just saying is, "Well, look at all this information here, this is pretty good stuff." You know, they tried to hack the Republican, the RNC, but we had good defenses. They didn't have defenses, which is pretty bad management. But we had good defenses, they tried to hack both of them. They weren't able to get through to Republicans. No, I found it very interesting when I read this stuff and I said, "Wow." It was just a figure of speech. I said, "Well, look at this. It's good reading."

AP: But that didn't mean that you supported what Assange is doing?

TRUMP: No, I don't support or unsupport. It was just information. They shouldn't have allowed it to get out. If they had the proper defensive devices on their internet, you know, equipment, they wouldn't even allow the FBI. How about this — they get hacked, and the FBI goes to see them, and they won't let the FBI see their server. But do you understand, nobody ever writes it. Why wouldn't (former Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John) Podesta and Hillary Clinton allow the FBI to see the server? They brought in another company that I hear is Ukrainian-based.

AP: CrowdStrike?

TRUMP: That's what I heard. I heard it's owned by a very rich Ukrainian, that's what I heard. But they brought in another company to investigate the server. Why didn't they allow the FBI in to investigate the server? I mean, there is so many things that nobody writes about. It's incredible.

AP: Can I just ask you, though — do you believe it is a priority for the United States, or it should be a priority, to arrest Julian Assange?

TRUMP: I am not involved in that decision, but if Jeff Sessions wants to do it, it's OK with me. I didn't know about that decision, but if they want to do it, it's OK with me.

jesus
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

Anyone know where this photo might have been taken and why Trump is wearing an earpiece? Seems maybe he's having answers fed to him?

http://www.cnn.com/

Assume a state visit for translation
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Tiki said:

That's from the news conference he held with the ITAL prime minister.

No one's feeding him answers...believe me.

AP: If I could fit a couple of more topics. Jeff Sessions, your attorney general, is taking a tougher line suddenly on Julian Assange, saying that arresting him is a priority. You were supportive of what WikiLeaks was doing during the campaign with the release of the Clinton emails. Do you think that arresting Assange is a priority for the United States?

TRUMP: When Wikileaks came out ... never heard of Wikileaks, never heard of it. When Wikileaks came out, all I was just saying is, "Well, look at all this information here, this is pretty good stuff." You know, they tried to hack the Republican, the RNC, but we had good defenses. They didn't have defenses, which is pretty bad management. But we had good defenses, they tried to hack both of them. They weren't able to get through to Republicans. No, I found it very interesting when I read this stuff and I said, "Wow." It was just a figure of speech. I said, "Well, look at this. It's good reading."

AP: But that didn't mean that you supported what Assange is doing?

TRUMP: No, I don't support or unsupport. It was just information. They shouldn't have allowed it to get out. If they had the proper defensive devices on their internet, you know, equipment, they wouldn't even allow the FBI. How about this — they get hacked, and the FBI goes to see them, and they won't let the FBI see their server. But do you understand, nobody ever writes it. Why wouldn't (former Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John) Podesta and Hillary Clinton allow the FBI to see the server? They brought in another company that I hear is Ukrainian-based.

AP: CrowdStrike?

TRUMP: That's what I heard. I heard it's owned by a very rich Ukrainian, that's what I heard. But they brought in another company to investigate the server. Why didn't they allow the FBI in to investigate the server? I mean, there is so many things that nobody writes about. It's incredible.

AP: Can I just ask you, though — do you believe it is a priority for the United States, or it should be a priority, to arrest Julian Assange?

TRUMP: I am not involved in that decision, but if Jeff Sessions wants to do it, it's OK with me. I didn't know about that decision, but if they want to do it, it's OK with me.

jesus

Nobody wrote about the emails and the FBI? How quickly they forget JC.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.