Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:
    He is the worst mistake this country ever made and that mistake gets worse every single day.
    Agreed, but sadly as long as he 'alleges' that he is pro NRA and pro life, his base will support him.
    ive got a friend thats a hard core Christian.  He admits that Trump is no Christian and essentially morally bankrupt.  But he also admits that he doesn't care.  Trump speaks for the Christian right in a way no President in modern history has.  Thats most important.
    And what are your friend's feelings about his or her own immorality in his or her very non-Christian support of Trump? Is this person also willing to admit that supporting him is a blatant rejection of their own supposed faith?
    we don't live in the same city anymore and our exchanges are now over Facebook.  Usually starts with him posting some anti-evolution/pro-creation nonsense and then me calling his bullshit publicly.  The argument for supporting always goes back to the lesser of two evils bullshit.  Hillary is married to Bill and Bill is as bad as Trump on a moral level.  And of course, on a policy level all Democrats plan on raising taxes, taking away the guns and taking Jesus out of everything.  So there you have it.
    I suppose he's a moral person, but you can not rationalize with an irrational person which you have to buy into religion.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Bill is as bad as trump. LOL. I love how these false equivalencies keep coming up. Any excuse to vote for someone who claims they believe in god. NOTHING. MORE. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:
    He is the worst mistake this country ever made and that mistake gets worse every single day.
    Agreed, but sadly as long as he 'alleges' that he is pro NRA and pro life, his base will support him.
    ive got a friend thats a hard core Christian.  He admits that Trump is no Christian and essentially morally bankrupt.  But he also admits that he doesn't care.  Trump speaks for the Christian right in a way no President in modern history has.  Thats most important.
    And what are your friend's feelings about his or her own immorality in his or her very non-Christian support of Trump? Is this person also willing to admit that supporting him is a blatant rejection of their own supposed faith?
    we don't live in the same city anymore and our exchanges are now over Facebook.  Usually starts with him posting some anti-evolution/pro-creation nonsense and then me calling his bullshit publicly.  The argument for supporting always goes back to the lesser of two evils bullshit.  Hillary is married to Bill and Bill is as bad as Trump on a moral level.  And of course, on a policy level all Democrats plan on raising taxes, taking away the guns and taking Jesus out of everything.  So there you have it.
    I suppose he's a moral person, but you can not rationalize with an irrational person which you have to buy into religion.

Sorry.....but I hate your friend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited October 2017
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sounds infuriating, lol. I have this one friend on facebook who irrationally (and I mean IRRATIONALLY) supports Trump too, but he's even worse because he's not American or Christian or white, he's not a homophobe or pro-life... He is fiscally conservative, and that's it. I would hope that that wouldn't be enough to create a Trump fan. I want to think he's just trolling like crazy, because if he's not I have to question his mental health. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he is not trolling. Our common friend told me that he's almost gotten into fist fights in bars because of this shit. It's out of hand. I still see him in one particular social circle that I also belong to, so I feel like I can't unfriend him, lol.... The worst part is that I like him a lot otherwise. I don't know wtf is going on with him, but people are a little concerned about him. :frowning:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Hey, we can finally say Merry Christmas again. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think Trump would be doing people a favour by not contacting the families of fallen soldiers. I know that if I lost someone and then got a call from fucking Donald Trump my head would explode. I don't even want to say what things might come out of my mouth in that moment, for fear that the secret service would take it as a threat, lol.
    I would refuse the call ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think Trump would be doing people a favour by not contacting the families of fallen soldiers. I know that if I lost someone and then got a call from fucking Donald Trump my head would explode. I don't even want to say what things might come out of my mouth in that moment, for fear that the secret service would take it as a threat, lol.
    I would refuse the call ...
    Oh, does he call collect? I should have known. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Sounds infuriating, lol. I have this one friend on facebook who irrationally (and I mean IRRATIONALLY) supports Trump too, but he's even worse because he's not American or Christian or white, he's not a homophobe or pro-life... He is fiscally conservative, and that's it. I would hope that that wouldn't be enough to create a Trump fan. I want to think he's just trolling like crazy, because if he's not I have to question his mental health. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he is not trolling. Our common friend told me that he's almost gotten into fist fights in bars because of this shit. It's out of hand. I still see him in one particular social circle that I also belong to, so I feel like I can't unfriend him, lol.... The worst part is that I like him a lot otherwise. I don't know wtf is going on with him, but people are a little concerned about him. :frowning:
    infuriating and humorous all at the same time i suppose.  it's funny, we bonded at work over love of guitar.  He's quite a bit better than me and would always tease me about being lefty based on my love of PJ.  I always thought he just trolling me mostly out of the naive belief that musicians could never be right wingers.  This was almost 20 years ago, before Facebook.  Its only fairly recently since seeing his FB activity that I realized he was not trolling at all.

One common thread with almost all Trumpsters: They will find ways to insult you for being different.  Its the strangest thing.  Don't get me wrong, 90% of the time they are the most charming people in the room.  But then there's that 10% thats a total, "what the fuck is wrong with you?"  

I can go on and on about my Trumpster buddies.  you get the idea.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Freedom of speech is great unless you offend donny boy. I totally agree. The last insincere voice you would want to hear. Say. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Is donny dotard
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Basically, it all boils down to abortion.  Christians would back a sea otter for president if he/she pretended to be against abortion.   Nothing else matters at all

Bombing brown people far away?  Shitting on the poor?  Have at it

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Basically, it all boils down to abortion.  Christians would back a sea otter for president if he/she pretended to be against abortion.   Nothing else matters at all

the fact that we still have these 'religious wars' tells me that we still live in a fairly primitive society.  
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    "He still doesn't comprehend the gravity of the responsibility he bears," Kirby added.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/veterans-react-trump-response-military-ambush/index.html
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    MayDay10 said:

I'll ignore your last line of words.

But as far as your first line, this is spot on with a lot of people that are actually good people and probably good christians.  I had a conversation with a gentleman that worked for me prior to the election.  He was a a southern christian, and probably one of the nicest people you would ever meet.  He walked the walk, not just talked the talk in his every day life.  He told me he was voting for Trump and for him he starts off with 1 question.... "Does the candidate support abortion".  If the answer is "Yes", then he won;t vote for them.  

I happen to be on his side of that particular issue, however I am not a practicing Christian and I long ago decided that it was against my best interests as a whole to only be a 1 issue voter.  So, while I consider it, it's not a "go-NoGo" issue for me anymore.  But it is for many, and 1 issue voters are a problem.  I wonder if someone that is pro-choice could support a pro-life candidate that met a lot of their other needs of if they are basically 1 issue voters as well.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:
    my uncle, who is a very intelligent lawyer, is a trump supporter. I posted something on facebook a week or two ago, and he responded with "you should watch fox news and educate yourself before you form your opinion; CNN has a bad habit of reporting half-truths". I told him fox news was a big part of the reason I hold the opinions I do. I have watched in the past, and I honestly couldn't tell if some of the shit coming out of their mouths was even believed by the people saying it. Like i was watching the twilight zone. I don't get how anyone can believe any of that shit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

But as far as your first line, this is spot on with a lot of people that are actually good people and probably good christians.  I had a conversation with a gentleman that worked for me prior to the election.  He was a a southern christian, and probably one of the nicest people you would ever meet.  He walked the walk, not just talked the talk in his every day life.  He told me he was voting for Trump and for him he starts off with 1 question.... "Does the candidate support abortion".  If the answer is "Yes", then he won;t vote for them.  

I happen to be on his side of that particular issue, however I am not a practicing Christian and I long ago decided that it was against my best interests as a whole to only be a 1 issue voter.  So, while I consider it, it's not a "go-NoGo" issue for me anymore.  But it is for many, and 1 issue voters are a problem.  I wonder if someone that is pro-choice could support a pro-life candidate that met a lot of their other needs of if they are basically 1 issue voters as well.
    you know, that is a very good point. I was about to respond with "one issue voters are idiots" until your last line.....I would never vote for someone who is pro-life if I thought they would change the law. So I guess the argument could be made that makes me a one-issue idiot! :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226

That's a good question, and it's something we all should ask ourselves -- are we one-issue voters?

It's early and the caffeine hasn't hit my bloodstream, but my guess is that I and most people would say, it depends on the issue. And there's the problem.

Since abortion was mentioned: I'm pro-choice but not pro-abortion, meaning I've had to make that choice and opted to keep my baby. But as far as I am concerned, that was my choice to make. So abortion rights, for me, mean women's rights -- agency and control over our own bodies, increased  freedom to move about in society. Could I vote for someone who shared my views on foreign policy and the environment and marriage equality, etc., but who was pro-life (or, from my perspective, anti-choice)? No, I couldn't vote against my own freedom. I don't envision having to make that choice, though. I know that when the Women's March was organizing, there were pro-life groups that wanted to participate (and were, wrongly, made to feel unwelcome), but I just don't see those candidates making it onto the ballot. Now, if they are pro-life and support free universal contraceptives, I'll be listening....

So, I understand where people who are pro-life for religious reasons are coming from; for them, it's a matter of life or death, so it's very important to them and really not negotiable.

the other hand, as I've taken to reminding my senators, given who is in the Oval Office, if we're all dead because Tweety started WWIII, that doesn't matter very much, now, does it? Until now, we haven't been faced with the risk that the president, through his own inherent unfitness and instability, would endanger millions of lives. And that changes things.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    how was it wrong for pro-life groups being made to feel unwelcome at a march that was specifically against that very cause (women's rights)?

should an anti-firearms march welcome the NRA to participate? should a black lives matter march invite the KKK?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:
    infuriating and humorous all at the same time i suppose.  it's funny, we bonded at work over love of guitar.  He's quite a bit better than me and would always tease me about being lefty based on my love of PJ.  I always thought he just trolling me mostly out of the naive belief that musicians could never be right wingers.  This was almost 20 years ago, before Facebook.  Its only fairly recently since seeing his FB activity that I realized he was not trolling at all.

One common thread with almost all Trumpsters: They will find ways to insult you for being different.  Its the strangest thing.  Don't get me wrong, 90% of the time they are the most charming people in the room.  But then there's that 10% thats a total, "what the fuck is wrong with you?"  

I would dispute your 90% claim.

When someone claims they dig Trump and think he rocks... I think they are brain dead cavemen. 

It is clear as day that Trump is an abscessed boil- an absolutely intolerable blemish. He's a lying, cheating, immoral and unstable sociopath that sits at the forefront of an embarrassed country which should be taking every step possible to remove him from office and begin placing the pieces back together to try and unify.

* I typed a passage detailing the fact that I think unification might be impossible given the qualities of the opposing sides. I deleted it because one side's qualities are very unflattering and sure to offend (as true as they might be).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2017
    I never thought I would miss George W Bush...... but I still don't miss Dick Cheney, fuckin Darth Vader wannabe 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I never thought I would miss George W Bush...... but I still don't kiss Dick Cheney, fuckin Darth Vader wannabe 

Eww. I would hope you don't. Eesh. He's a reptile.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    JimmyV said:

I agree with 30 on this. I haven't come across one Trumpster so far that isn't a condescending asshat. Every liberal is a "libtard", a "sheeple", blah blah blah. they all think they somehow are smarter than everyone else, yet they come off as the most unintelligent boobs. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I would totally kiss Dick Cheney lol
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    MayDay10 said:

i am pro-choice and have often supported pro-life candidates. I am not and have never been a one issue voter. i also grew up catholic with parents who were pretty hard core pro-life.   the guy you speak off might be a nice guy but he has basically said sexual assault, racism, misogyny, etc is ok as long as you are against abortion. to me that is an abhorrent attitude.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    43 just gave a great speech calling out herr dRumpf and the current ruling government without invoking his name. Not sure who wrote it but well done......

George W. Bush: 'Bigotry seems emboldened' in US

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/356212-george-w-bush-bigotry-seems-emboldened-in-us

• Options
    edited October 2017
    MayDay10 said:

you know, that is a very good point. I was about to respond with "one issue voters are idiots" until your last line.....I would never vote for someone who is pro-life if I thought they would change the law. So I guess the argument could be made that makes me a one-issue idiot! :lol:
    Ha! Yeah, ditto. I would never vote for someone who is anti-choice in a million years (nor for someone who fights against gay marriage and other LGBTQ rights... there are a couple other social issues I could list here) ... though I don't really consider being anti-choice a one-issue topic. I think being anti-choice covers a wider concept relating to women's rights and the concept of how personal beliefs shouldn't conflict with human and civil rights.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    MayDay10 said:

Exactly. I know people who despise Trump but voted for him specifically for this reason. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2017
    Delusional too. Unless he meant 10 out of 1000.

Trump Gives Himself ‘A 10’ Out Of 10 On His Response To Puerto Rico
    A month after Hurricane Maria hit, 80 percent of the U.S. island has no power and 30 percent has no drinking water.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria_us_59e8d8abe4b0aa3f77dc5f5f?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    Kat said:
    Delusional too. Unless he meant 10 out of 1000.

Trump Gives Himself ‘A 10’ Out Of 10 On His Response To Puerto Rico
    A month after Hurricane Maria hit, 80 percent of the U.S. island has no power and 30 percent has no drinking water.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria_us_59e8d8abe4b0aa3f77dc5f5f?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Well, every time he mentions his great brain and his very high IQ, I wonder aloud when someone is going to tell him that the IQ scale doesn't stop at 100. :s 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
This discussion has been closed.