Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jesus, look at all of these Antifa protesters.  They look completely like anarchists, cop killers, agitators and scum.  What is this country coming to?

Was "Antifa" even there?  Not seeing many pics of the black bloc face mask wearing idiots.
    Was there anyone on the right end of the spectrum that looked like this in C'ville last week?  Just curious because all I saw were white boys with shields,  masks,  Nazi flags, etc. 
  • Options
    There was a great sign held by a teacher in the Chicago Public School strike that would have been great here: "Nazis like Nickeback."

I mean... if the protestors had really wanted to hit the Nazi idiots hard.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jesus, look at all of these Antifa protesters.  They look completely like anarchists, cop killers, agitators and scum.  What is this country coming to?

Was "Antifa" even there?  Not seeing many pics of the black bloc face mask wearing idiots.
    That is a photo of ANTIFA. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    ^^^
    He said there were many anti-police agitators out there.  He didn't call all the protesters that.

Then... agaaaaain... he should choose his words more carefully.

Idiot. Pure and simple. He can't even help himself when he's trying to help himself.
    He did choose his words carefully. It's another nod to white supremacists. Words he doesn't use are as important as the ones he does use. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:

Was there anyone on the right end of the spectrum that looked like this in C'ville last week?  Just curious because all I saw were white boys with shields,  masks,  Nazi flags, etc. 
    plenty, I'll let you do your own google work on that though, I'm sleepy
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Mlk jr is probably rolling over his grave when he hears about this antifa bs.  Guys you are better than this!  Don't meet violence with violence!  Show these racist pos that you are better than that. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^^^
    He said there were many anti-police agitators out there.  He didn't call all the protesters that.

Idiot. Pure and simple. He can't even help himself when he's trying to help himself.
    He did choose his words carefully. It's another nod to white supremacists. Words he doesn't use are as important as the ones he does use. 
    There's some truth to this. A lot of what is left unsaid speaks to what is really said.
  • Options
    ^^^

There's some truth to this. A lot of what is left unsaid speaks to what is really said.

Are you two listening to yourselves? What was really said?  
    No matter what President Trump does or says...

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    ^^^

He'll be impeached. Just thought I'd finish that thought for you.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    10 pages of Nazi discussion in the Trump thread lol.

Remember when all the bucktoothed Trump yokels were telling everyone to cool it on the Trump/Hitler comparisons?
  • Options

Remember when all the bucktoothed Trump yokels were telling everyone to cool it on the Trump/Hitler comparisons?

Nazis are no laughing matter TB.  Stop defending them.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Someone on twitter earlier had a comment about how the President can't be a racist because he isn't taking a side in this. 
    Is it really so hard to grasp that if there's an argument about siding with Nazis or siding with those opposed to Nazis; if you don't take a side, YOU'RE TAKING A GOD DAMN SIDE?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Congratulations and thank you to the thousands of Bostonians who came out en masse to oppose the NeoNazi/White Nationalist/Supremacist rally. You made it clear that racism and intolerance are not who we are as a country.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    How will history remember the Great War between Nazis and morons who throw bottles with piss in them?
    I'm sure it's not popular to say you're on the team that has a few morons throwing bottles of piss; but the other option is siding with Nazis. Bottles of piss trump hate in my eyes. I just downed a liter of Mountain Dew with no restroom in sight, and it looks like this empty bottle is going to kill two birds with one stone at the next protest. 
    Post edited by ledvedderman on
  • Options
    The old timers here can help me out here. Wasn't the legendary poster PissBottleMan from Boston? We could have a prime suspect...
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    ^^^

He will continue to prove how woefully inadequate he is to lead this country
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840

Americans were polled about the violence in Charlottesville, and the answers are ugly

https://qz.com/1057362/charlottesville-violence-a-survey-monkey-poll-of-americans-has-ugly-results/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo

Which side—the white nationalists or the counter-protesters—bears greater responsibility for the Charlottesville violence, which directly resulted in the death of a 32-year-old counter-protester? It should be a factual question. And also a moral one, considering that the demonstrators had gathered in the spirit of a homegrown terror group that lynched thousands of blacks and a foreign one that murdered around 6 million Jews.

Yet in the America of the moment, the question is a political one.

Only 18% of Republicans blame the white-nationalist groups for the bulk of the Charlottesville violence, according to a SurveyMonkey poll with 2,181 respondents, via Axios. Some 64% think both sides share responsibility equally. Perhaps more alarmingly, only 46% of all Americans put the blame on the white nationalists, while four in 10 condemn both sides equally.

980x_colorcorrected

To be clear, people from both sides beat each other up. But if you want to get into who started it and who was the most violent, the answers seem pretty clear.

For starters, a 32-year-old woman is dead, crushed when, police say, a white supremacist mowed his car into a crowd of counter-protesters. Heather Heyer and thousands of others—including antifascists armed with shields and sticks, but mainly local residents, civil-rights groups, and church groups—had been legally demonstrating against the white nationalists—neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederates, and alt-right supporters, flanked by gun-gripping militiamen—gathering to celebrate the statue of a seditious general who once fought to keep blacks enslaved. Brawling broke out after the white nationalists reversed course on a plan that would have separated them from the counter-protesters; a phalanx of white nationalists carrying big shields and truncheons charged a group of counter-protesters blocking their path, attacking with sticks, punches, and sprayed chemicals, according to the Charlottesville police chief.

What explains the parallel narratives of what happened in Charlottesville? As Axios’ Mike Allen put it, “These findings reflect the fact that, because of the nation’s partisan divide and fractured media, we no longer agree on basic facts. That makes civil debate impossible.”

Of course, it’s not hard to guess why the “both equally” narrative enjoys such perverse favor. The most prominent proponent of that logic happens to have the loudest voice in America.

In a press conference Aug. 15, president Donald Trump shrugged off the moral difference between agitating for institutionalized white supremacy and protesting those beliefs. Asked if the counter-protesters he described as “alt-left” are the equivalent of neo-Nazis, Trump ducked the question. This is how he described the violence in Charlottesville: “You had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent.”

Nearly nine in 10 Republicans agrees with the president, according to the poll. Democrats and Independents disagree at rates of 83% and 59%, respectively.

Trump’s go-to news source is Fox News, which has been banging the moral-equivalency drum and frequently absorbs the narratives put forth by alt-right media. And the theme they’ve emphasized in the wake of the Charlottesville tragedy is the double-standard to which white people are subjected when they try to assert their rights.

It’s not surprising this motif would disproportionately appeal to Republicans. A lot of whites—and 86% of Republicans are white, according to Pew—feel that their economic and cultural interests have taken a backseat to those of minorities and that they’ve been forced to celebrate “multiculturalism” at the expense of their own ethnic heritage.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Fox, Breitbart, et al. are the real fake news.  Most sane people realize this, but unfortunately not the 35% of mouth breathers that are the Trump base.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519

The right is so batsh!t crazy with the replies.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    ^^^

He ends up back peddling, is a lie, or contradicts what he previously said?  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/california-democrat-bill-trump-mental-health_us_5998d558e4b0a2608a6cb6b1?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

new bill introduced in the House of Representatives would require President Donald Trump to undergo a physical and mental health exam to determine if he is stable enough to stay in office.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    JimmyV said:
    I think it was Tiki who pointed out this would be different since these guys couldn't open carry in Boston. You were spot on.
    Arizona will not be as kind.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    On Brietbart

ItsTiki 

No open carry of assault weapons, no alt-white. 
    Without weapons you're impotent.
    Sad really.
    #magaisformorons

+Tameka Lewis  

You will live to regret feeling that way you piece of human excrement

+artfulhogster 

If you didn't live in the Marxist ghettos you could have weapons. It's gonna be funny when you people realize Marxism leads to starvation. You'll pour out of the ghettos as fast as you can and we'll be waiting.

+alioh61  

You're on the Left of course. The Left that gets to arbitrate what is or isn't acceptable speech, who only reserve free speech for themselves. That are offended by anyone that dares to have a different viewpoint then they. Who call every person that dares to disagree with their vapid world view a "racist". Who applaud groups like Antifa who love to beat up anyone that they deem unacceptable (which includes people that don't have a racist bone in their body). Go away, Facist. Go somewhere where idiots like you will pat you on the back for your hateful posts.

• Options
    I was also called a WHORE several times.  
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Tiki said:
    On Brietbart

ItsTiki 

No open carry of assault weapons, no alt-white. 
    Without weapons you're impotent.
    Sad really.
    #magaisformorons

+Tameka Lewis  

You will live to regret feeling that way you piece of human excrement

+artfulhogster 

If you didn't live in the Marxist ghettos you could have weapons. It's gonna be funny when you people realize Marxism leads to starvation. You'll pour out of the ghettos as fast as you can and we'll be waiting.

+alioh61  

You're on the Left of course. The Left that gets to arbitrate what is or isn't acceptable speech, who only reserve free speech for themselves. That are offended by anyone that dares to have a different viewpoint then they. Who call every person that dares to disagree with their vapid world view a "racist". Who applaud groups like Antifa who love to beat up anyone that they deem unacceptable (which includes people that don't have a racist bone in their body). Go away, Facist. Go somewhere where idiots like you will pat you on the back for your hateful posts.

My, there's a fair dose of unconscious irony in these. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    I've never been on breitbart. Maybe I'll wade in sometime. Could be fun. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,883
    If you are prowling the Breitbart comment section you are much braver than I am. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Fuck those douchebags.
This discussion has been closed.