Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2017
    Smellyman said:
    The Mexicans are excited for the wall. They can't wait to have a canvas to practice their graffiti.

And the wall won't be high enough to stop them from coming over in planes.
    or by ladder or by tunnel or by water. 

Not a bigger waste of money than a giant f'ing wall
    Nothing like a medieval solution to a NOT REAL twenty-first century "problem".  Idiots.  Call your Senators, and tell them you dont want to pay for a wall.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Tiki said:
    personally I liked the Cuomo Kelly Anne exchange but that may be because I like Cuomo's teeth.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    The Mexicans are excited for the wall. They can't wait to have a canvas to practice their graffiti.

And the wall won't be high enough to stop them from coming over in planes.
    or by ladder or by tunnel or by water. 

Not a bigger waste of money than a giant f'ing wall
    So stupid.

Just so stupid.

Hilarious come to think of it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    How does one go about not paying Federal taxes?  I'd like to know because I'd like to a part of that.  I mean, you hear it all the time.  This person owes 12 years of taxes, that person owes tens of thousands of dollars in taxes.  Doesn't Floyd Mayweather alone owe the government $22 million?  If these people can get away with it, I'm sure the Feds wouldn't miss my $5k a year.  I'm certainly not down for paying for a fucking wall, so the government really has no business taking my money.  I don't think there's anything in the all mighty Constitution stating that citizens are required to pay taxes, is there?
    Unfortunately there is.  

Feb 1913 found the passage of the 16th Amendment.  It just so happened that the Federal Reserve (private banking system) was created in Dec 1913 and have conveniently been devaluing the dollar / stealing wealth from the non-rich ever since.
    Ahh, I appreciate the info.
    Actually I am looking at this wrong.  The 16th Amendment gives Congress the authority to tax income, but it doesn't require them to nor does it set numbers.

Your personal requirement is based on your desire to be kidnapped and thrown in a cage.  So I suppose it is up to each individual.
    I always thought the "cage" was having a mortgage most of the adult life.
    No, that is student loan debt.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    How does one go about not paying Federal taxes?  I'd like to know because I'd like to a part of that.  I mean, you hear it all the time.  This person owes 12 years of taxes, that person owes tens of thousands of dollars in taxes.  Doesn't Floyd Mayweather alone owe the government $22 million?  If these people can get away with it, I'm sure the Feds wouldn't miss my $5k a year.  I'm certainly not down for paying for a fucking wall, so the government really has no business taking my money.  I don't think there's anything in the all mighty Constitution stating that citizens are required to pay taxes, is there?
    Unfortunately there is.  

Feb 1913 found the passage of the 16th Amendment.  It just so happened that the Federal Reserve (private banking system) was created in Dec 1913 and have conveniently been devaluing the dollar / stealing wealth from the non-rich ever since.
    Actually I am looking at this wrong.  The 16th Amendment gives Congress the authority to tax income, but it doesn't require them to nor does it set numbers.

Your personal requirement is based on your desire to be kidnapped and thrown in a cage.  So I suppose it is up to each individual.
    yeah...notice how there is never any national discussion on why it costs $30k-60k a year for a college education? where does the money go?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

Mortgage is rooted in the phrase "death pledge" so there you go.  Although I have never felt like any of my mortgages are cages.  
    I often ask people, would you do anything different in your daily life if you didn't have that monthly payment? 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    JC29856 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

Mortgage is rooted in the phrase "death pledge" so there you go.  Although I have never felt like any of my mortgages are cages.  
    I often ask people, would you do anything different in your daily life if you didn't have that monthly payment? 
    Well as someone who doesn't have a mortgage, I'll answer: Pay rent. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

yeah...notice how there is never any national discussion on why it costs $30k-60k a year for a college education? where does the money go?
    I have said for years (just not around these parts) if you want to get rid of high costs of education, get rid of federal student loans.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

I think a lot of that depends on what degree you pursue as well....someone that takes 5 years to graduate with an art history degree and can't get a job to pay off the loan doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

I have said for years (just not around these parts) if you want to get rid of high costs of education, get rid of federal student loans.
    Explain this please.  Federal student loans cost are related to the deferred interest that the gov't picks up.  You have to qualify for them as well.  
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

I think a lot of that depends on what degree you pursue as well....someone that takes 5 years to graduate with an art history degree and can't get a job to pay off the loan doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me.
    I hear what you are saying: it is the reality to the situation.

But an educated public needs to be educated. The fools that shout '"USA USA" through their four teeth can't be blamed for not thinking too well when their capacity to do so is so limited.

With a looming 60,000 debt facing a person pursuing an undergraduate degree, such a situation has little hope of correcting a significant problem which has reared its head- manifesting in a Trump victory.

I mean, for gawds sakes, the US has a significant portion of its population that thinks chocolate milk comes from brown cows- a very young child's mentality.

Scary.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

This is a topic I really like to debate and one that we talked about quite a bit when Sanders was in the race.  
    I agree with your statement 100%.  And I'm 100% against free tuition for people who select degrees for which there is no demand on the job side.  
    Third, the student loan debts that these kids walk out of college with are completely debilitating to their next 15 financial years AND lead them to make bad short term decisions.  Example... I have a team in SW Florida.  It's a client facing team and I need college grads at the entry level.  I pay 40k to start.  Not the best, but pretty good considering I'll take liberal arts majors.  Plus we promote like crazy.  I've sent people straight to FGCU to recruit directly and people turn down the job becuase they need 60k at 23 because of their student loans.  It's like Cousin Eddy holding out for a management position. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

Explain this please.  Federal student loans cost are related to the deferred interest that the gov't picks up.  You have to qualify for them as well.  
    The more money government gives to colleges, the higher the cost of education will be.  Take that free cash flow away from the schools and watch tuition plummet.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

There are a lot of questions related to the cost curves of tuition, some are obvious, some I haven't figured out.  It's certainly true that colleges have invested a ton into amenities over the past 20 years to try to lure students in.. This includes student athletes as well.  Universities used to be fairly no frill but they are very different today.  I'm sure this doesn't explain all of it (plus normal inflation), but there has been an amenity war going on for several years now.  
    My oldest is going off to William and Mary this fall.  That's 22k a year which is very reasonable these days.  I have to admit I was shocked that there is no AC in the dorms... in friggin Virginia.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,938
    Did you see him being a fucking creep to Macrons wife? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

This is a topic I really like to debate and one that we talked about quite a bit when Sanders was in the race.  
    I agree with your statement 100%.  And I'm 100% against free tuition for people who select degrees for which there is no demand on the job side.  
    Third, the student loan debts that these kids walk out of college with are completely debilitating to their next 15 financial years AND lead them to make bad short term decisions.  Example... I have a team in SW Florida.  It's a client facing team and I need college grads at the entry level.  I pay 40k to start.  Not the best, but pretty good considering I'll take liberal arts majors.  Plus we promote like crazy.  I've sent people straight to FGCU to recruit directly and people turn down the job becuase they need 60k at 23 because of their student loans.  It's like Cousin Eddy holding out for a management position. 
    But if every student entered the field of...let's just say business, then the market would become saturated and there would be a lack of jobs. Plus, do we really want all graduating students becoming a homogeneous society? The arts are an important part of our culture. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2017
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

I think this attitude threatens society. I think it is very harmful to make things like art and history and literature unnecessary in society. This attitude pisses me off to no end. Also, it completely dismisses the fact that there are TONS of worthy professions that come out of such areas of study. Attitudes like this basically equate to calling for the death of art, philosophy, history, literature, and critical thinking. I can think of few things more dangerous to a civilization than to focus education only on areas where job demand is high. It is an insanely narrow-minded attitude that is ignorant to what the arts actually do for humankind. And then there is the part about crushing young souls in the name of capitalism.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

I think this attitude threatens society. I think it is very harmful to make things like art and history and literature unnecessary in society. This attitude pisses me off to no end. Also, it completely dismisses the fact that there are TONS of worthy professions that come out of such areas of study. Attitudes like this basically equate to calling for the death of art, philosophy, history, literature, and critical thinking. I can think of few things more dangerous to a civilization than to focus education only on areas where job demand is high. It is an insanely narrow-minded attitude that is ignorant to what the arts actually do for humankind. And then there is the part about crushing young souls in the name of capitalism.
    You are completely misreading my post.  My undergrad is in History and English, so I've lived this life.  I said I'm willing to take liberal arts degrees into my business and pay 40k.  But I get turned down by people who want 60.  I don't care what undergrad you have... marketing, English, Dance, Finance...it's not usual to get 60k in your first job.  So these kids are holding out for higher numbers because either they think they're worth more (they aren't) or they can't pay the bills because of their loans.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    JC29856 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Question:
    Unfortunately there is.  

I"m sorry you think that.  I'm not arguing there shouldn't be these degrees nor am I arguing that there should not be federally subsidized loans for these degrees.  I'm saying that if the Bernie people want free tuition, that it should be something where there is a societal demand.  If we run out of Art History majors and we need them, great.. then we re-calibrate that and include it in the "free" programs.  Until then, we should focus on nursing, STEM, etc.  I'm not sure if you know about the number of unfilled jobs in this country because we don't ahve the skills, but it's a huge issue.  https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm
  • Options
    shit...this is a good discussion and I'm drinking and flying. too bad for me.
  • Options
    I'm sure I will see it later, I have no idea what he did or said, but I am NOT surprised by him being inappropriate at any given moment.

I was hopeful that trip would somehow end with Trumpito handing out some French-based insult,  having Macron slap him with a pair of white gloves (Donnie's pompadour getting all flipped over) and finally have Macron challenge his fat ass to a duel with some old pistols.
  • Options
    Student loan debt is pretty bad.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    All things being similar, I'd probably give a bump to an Art History major over a business major when hiring. 
  • Options
    All things being similar, I'd probably give a bump to an Art History major over a business major when hiring. 
    All other things being equal, I wouldn't.  But it depends on the role.  
  • Options
    Now before anyone blows it out of proportion here is the audio and video from the exchange saying she is in good shape. http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/13/president-trump-brigitte-macron-beautiful-body-comment/

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    mrussel1 said:
    All other things being equal, I wouldn't.  But it depends on the role.  
    Which brings up a good point. I'm looking for someone who can look at a problem differently and access a range of thinking and communication styles.

Depending on the position, liberal arts majors don't do too bad. They start out a little behind, but eventually catch up to other college majors. Interesting article here:
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2015/11/13/liberal-arts-degrees-critics/?source=dam

• Options
    lakefront brewery white!
    quadrupole homicide around the corner!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    If anyone really wants to know the how and why of why college costs what it does, go to the college or university of your choice and surf their website looking for the President's Report. They usually are required to make them available, particularly if it's a state school. They exhibit their revenue sources and expenditures and if you drill down, you can get down to source detail. What won't be obvious is that the republicans in congress, gradually over time, shifted the funding burden from the Feds, think block grants to public colleges and institutions, to individuals via mostly private student loans. There's a reason why big banks oppose the Feds administering student loans. Why pay 3% interest to the Feds when you can pay 8% or 10% to Bank of America? Federal student loan programs have been routinely found to have big bangs for the bucks as far as desired outcomes go. But they also fund that scrounge of "liberal" education where kids get brainwashed to vote Hillary or Obama. I would never in a million years send a kid to a for profit school.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Tiki said:
    Student loan debt is pretty bad.
    "I'm the king of debt."
    -Donald J Trump (thread integrity)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah DJT needs a much stronger filter.  Holy shit.
This discussion has been closed.