Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,581
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    Hitler was an evil man. Am I moron or am I creating a toxic stew for liberal resisters to go on shooting rampages? I've never read a more toxic garbage of a statement by a poster than, "anybody who uses Hitler in a sentence is a moron."
    Yes you create a toxic stew. This post is an example. You pretend not to know what I mean. I assume you are pretending. I will not claim you didn't understand. I will not call you a moron.
    Sure, whatever professor. I create a toxic stew and your posts and rehtoric are civil in their discourse and never "toxic" nor contributing to the hate or ridicule? It's always the libs fault, isn't it? Still believe those headlines are going to disappear, professor? It's normal for you to jump to such a conclusion that using the word "resistance" or "denier" are automatically holocaust and Nazi related and claim that the use of such adds to this toxic stew you claim to hate so much. Do you have an academic study sponsored by the Heritage Foundation that proves this that you can link to or are you just making shit up again?
    Always the libs fault? No but the words they choose have consequences just like words chosen on the right have consequences. Words such as "denier" and "resistance" and "evil" are chosen ever so subtly for a reason and you wish to follow along and use them without being responsible for their consequences. The only thing toxic I do is counter AMT group think. 
    Again, do you have a link to a study or survey that shows that when people see or hear the words "denier" or "resistance" they immediately associate the context in which the word is used with the holocaust or Nazis? Because you think it so and want to add to the toxic stew without assuming responsibility for your projection doesn't make it so. And you do fully subscribe to neocon group think I'm afraid. Funny but I don't think I've read you calling out Trump for his mocking of the epileptic reporter at his rally or Alex Jones as vociferously as you do posters on here for using the word "evil."
    I have to say it never occurred to me that "climate change denier" was meant to harken back to "Holocaust denier". And "resistance"?? People have been "resisting" for thousands of years. Resistance does no connote any specific conflict. 
    It is not supposed to occur to you. That is the point. It is subtle. The subtlety is a way to avoid the moronic "hitler" sentences we have already discussed. For the last year all I have read on here is that Make America Great Again is supposed to harken back to the days of slavery! If MAGA was super-subtle then "resistance" and "denier" is a giant flashing "conservatives are nazis" sign. 
    Right. Absolutely. So your argument is essentially that you're right if we agree with your opinion on how these words are being used, and you're also right if we don't agree, because we simply haven't recognized it. That's laughable, particularly when one considers the history of usage of words like resistance. 

Well...of course I am always right...that is number 1. More importantly though the words we are comparing are "Again", "Resistance", and "Denier". Now I personally find "Again" to be pretty dam innocuous but if you are one who finds "Again" to be the pinnacle of subtle racism then in their context you sure as hell should take issue with the words "Resistance" and "Denier". But either way...I'm always right.
    Speak for yourself. Flashing red signs? Oh the drama.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    edited June 2017
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    Hitler was an evil man. Am I moron or am I creating a toxic stew for liberal resisters to go on shooting rampages? I've never read a more toxic garbage of a statement by a poster than, "anybody who uses Hitler in a sentence is a moron."
    Yes you create a toxic stew. This post is an example. You pretend not to know what I mean. I assume you are pretending. I will not claim you didn't understand. I will not call you a moron.
    Sure, whatever professor. I create a toxic stew and your posts and rehtoric are civil in their discourse and never "toxic" nor contributing to the hate or ridicule? It's always the libs fault, isn't it? Still believe those headlines are going to disappear, professor? It's normal for you to jump to such a conclusion that using the word "resistance" or "denier" are automatically holocaust and Nazi related and claim that the use of such adds to this toxic stew you claim to hate so much. Do you have an academic study sponsored by the Heritage Foundation that proves this that you can link to or are you just making shit up again?
    Always the libs fault? No but the words they choose have consequences just like words chosen on the right have consequences. Words such as "denier" and "resistance" and "evil" are chosen ever so subtly for a reason and you wish to follow along and use them without being responsible for their consequences. The only thing toxic I do is counter AMT group think. 
    Again, do you have a link to a study or survey that shows that when people see or hear the words "denier" or "resistance" they immediately associate the context in which the word is used with the holocaust or Nazis? Because you think it so and want to add to the toxic stew without assuming responsibility for your projection doesn't make it so. And you do fully subscribe to neocon group think I'm afraid. Funny but I don't think I've read you calling out Trump for his mocking of the epileptic reporter at his rally or Alex Jones as vociferously as you do posters on here for using the word "evil."
    I have to say it never occurred to me that "climate change denier" was meant to harken back to "Holocaust denier". And "resistance"?? People have been "resisting" for thousands of years. Resistance does no connote any specific conflict. 
    It is not supposed to occur to you. That is the point. It is subtle. The subtlety is a way to avoid the moronic "hitler" sentences we have already discussed. For the last year all I have read on here is that Make America Great Again is supposed to harken back to the days of slavery! If MAGA was super-subtle then "resistance" and "denier" is a giant flashing "conservatives are nazis" sign. 
    Right. Absolutely. So your argument is essentially that you're right if we agree with your opinion on how these words are being used, and you're also right if we don't agree, because we simply haven't recognized it. That's laughable, particularly when one considers the history of usage of words like resistance. 

Well...of course I am always right...that is number 1. More importantly though the words we are comparing are "Again", "Resistance", and "Denier". Now I personally find "Again" to be pretty dam innocuous but if you are one who finds "Again" to be the pinnacle of subtle racism then in their context you sure as hell should take issue with the words "Resistance" and "Denier". But either way...I'm always right.
    Congratulations - you've cracked the glass ceiling of hubris for Canadians! It must have been tough but you've done it. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Since the topic is in semantics can you tell me where the word "hope" falls? And not "A New Hope" as in Episode 4.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    I don't think I have ever listened to Alex Jones other then when he was on Howard Stern. 
    So you give him a pass? Makes sense. I've never read Mein Kampf. I guess it's okay then.
    Perfect example of a moronic "Hitler" comparison. Mein Kampf is a major historical book that most people are familiar with whether they have read it or not. One can and should easily have an opinion on it. Alex Jones is an American talk personality that only a segment of your country pays attention too. To be unfamiliar with his every utterance would be quite normal for most of the population and to be unaware of shit he says would not be the equivalent of saying "Mein Kampf is ok". Thanks for your class participation. It has been helpful.
    Being ignorant isn't an excuse but I suppose it offers you plausible deniability for not condemning him.
    Yes. I am avoiding Alex Jones to maintain plausible deniability. More importantly though you have unwittingly contributed to class discussion again. Many of you continue to believe that all of us conservative weirdos are under the control of right wing media. Buffalo Saber guy just made that claim yesterday. The idea that I don't listen to Alex Jones is probably mind blowing to you. How could I possibly believe what I believe without being under Alex Jones' spell?! The lesson here is that the average conservative is not the right-wing media robot you make him/her out to be. Extra credit for you.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Since the topic is in semantics can you tell me where the word "hope" falls? And not "A New Hope" as in Episode 4.
    Great question. Seriously. My thoughts are "hope" is not enough for a legal conviction but certainly enough for a congressional conviction. Meaning that should the democrats win in 2018 they will use "hope" to move for impeachment. "Hope" then change.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    My own thought is that trump was leaning on Comey to get him to do what he wanted...which was to obstruct an investigation. That would be enough to me. Comey said what he felt trump was doing...how it made him feel. I don't see a reason at this time to doubt him.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You literally (in the correct use of the word) said "anybody who uses Hitler in a sentence is a moron."  What's not to understand, or pretended not to be understood?

"Adolf Hitler was born in Austria."

Guess I'm a moron, too.
    If you say so.
    You made the rule, not me.
    Thanks for the Friday laugh. This has to be the stupid argument on the train in a while.  Arguing something when really everyone knew the real intention of the comment. So yeah you seem like a .... I can't type it. Don't want Kat to ban me over this silly 5 year old like argument!!! :)
    Cool, I'll just throw semantics out the window from now on.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    You literally (in the correct use of the word) said "anybody who uses Hitler in a sentence is a moron."  What's not to understand, or pretended not to be understood?

Guess I'm a moron, too.
    If you say so.
    Don't be thick in front of me Al.
    Ha!  Excellent movie!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

Guess I'm a moron, too.
    If you say so.
    Don't be thick in front of me Al.
    Ha!  Excellent movie!
    Good pick up. Nice work.
  • Options

Kat said:
    My own thought is that trump was leaning on Comey to get him to do what he wanted...which was to obstruct an investigation. That would be enough to me. Comey said what he felt trump was doing...how it made him feel. I don't see a reason at this time to doubt him.

And this interpretation which is probably not enough to convict in a court of law is certainly enough to convict in the house of representatives provided you have a majority of like minded congressmen and women.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

And this interpretation which is probably not enough to convict in a court of law is certainly enough to convict in the house of representatives provided you have a majority of like minded congressmen and women.
    is saying " i fired him because of his Russian investigation" enough to convict in a court of law? that is straight out of Trump's mouth.  and that doesn't even include if/when one of his lackies turns on him and admits under oath that Donald discussed firing Comey because of the Russian investigation.  
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    I don't think I have ever listened to Alex Jones other then when he was on Howard Stern. 
    So you give him a pass? Makes sense. I've never read Mein Kampf. I guess it's okay then.
    Perfect example of a moronic "Hitler" comparison. Mein Kampf is a major historical book that most people are familiar with whether they have read it or not. One can and should easily have an opinion on it. Alex Jones is an American talk personality that only a segment of your country pays attention too. To be unfamiliar with his every utterance would be quite normal for most of the population and to be unaware of shit he says would not be the equivalent of saying "Mein Kampf is ok". Thanks for your class participation. It has been helpful.
    Being ignorant isn't an excuse but I suppose it offers you plausible deniability for not condemning him.
    Yes. I am avoiding Alex Jones to maintain plausible deniability. More importantly though you have unwittingly contributed to class discussion again. Many of you continue to believe that all of us conservative weirdos are under the control of right wing media. Buffalo Saber guy just made that claim yesterday. The idea that I don't listen to Alex Jones is probably mind blowing to you. How could I possibly believe what I believe without being under Alex Jones' spell?! The lesson here is that the average conservative is not the right-wing media robot you make him/her out to be. Extra credit for you.

Still won't condemn him though, will you? Did I call you a weirdo? Mind blowing? Hardly, I don't listen to him either but I know enough about him to openly condemn him but you'd rather condemn PJSoul for using the word evil. Where did I ever state that the "average conservative is the right wing media robot?" Your projection of how you view liberals really is astounding. How is having the ability to recognize Alex Jones for what he is contributing to "class discussion?" What segment or demographics listen to Alex Jones? Do you have a link to radio listening demographics that you'd like to share?

Meanwhile, I guess I'll have to travel to Canada to purchase my Cuban cigars. Oh the horror. Will you be advocating for Canada to severe ties with Cuba?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

is saying " i fired him because of his Russian investigation" enough to convict in a court of law? that is straight out of Trump's mouth.  and that doesn't even include if/when one of his lackies turns on him and admits under oath that Donald discussed firing Comey because of the Russian investigation.  
    Well "the lackie" admission is a hypothetical that there is zero evidence of so far. On the "I fired him because of..." statement I don't think it is enough to convict. Many lawyers and Comey himself have argued that constitutionally Trump can fire the FBI director for any reason and/or no reason it all. It doesn't look good in the court of public opinion but it appears to have no weight in the court of law. Some argue that he could in fact fire Mueller if he wants to. Somebody (and I can't remember whom) wrote yesterday "If JFK announced he was firing Hoover for investigating MLK would that be considered obstruction of justice?" I thought that was a very interesting hypothetical.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Here you go on Alex Jones' listener demographics. Please explain how I made class an issue?

https://www.quantcast.com/infowars.com#trafficCard

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Still won't condemn him though, will you? Did I call you a weirdo? Mind blowing? Hardly, I don't listen to him either but I know enough about him to openly condemn him but you'd rather condemn PJSoul for using the word evil. Where did I ever state that the "average conservative is the right wing media robot?" Your projection of how you view liberals really is astounding. How is having the ability to recognize Alex Jones for what he is contributing to "class discussion?" What segment or demographics listen to Alex Jones? Do you have a link to radio listening demographics that you'd like to share?

Meanwhile, I guess I'll have to travel to Canada to purchase my Cuban cigars. Oh the horror. Will you be advocating for Canada to severe ties with Cuba?

Condemn him? I have literally done zero research into anything he has said. Zero. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I dont even think of Alex Jones as a "Conservative News" source.  He just stirs up the insane.

The fake right news sources that give their followers their talking points for the day (with reinforcement from Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity) are Brietbart, Red State, Daily Caller, etc.  The Left has a few... I don't see them cited nearly as often (an uptick in 2017), but I see a few people spewing "Occupy Democrats" nonsense.  
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Condemn him? I have literally done zero research into anything he has said. Zero. 

I guess you're not as well read as you proclaim? Or, its plausible deniability?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284

The Fake News Media has never been so wrong or so dirty. Purposely incorrect stories and phony sources to meet their agenda of hate. Sad! Well, as predicted, the 9th Circuit did it again - Ruled against the TRAVEL BAN at such a dangerous time in the history of our country. S.C.

President Trump tweeted the above today - these are not my words.

No we know they are the words of an incompetent Orange bafoon to bad you eat all up sad really! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

The Fake News Media has never been so wrong or so dirty. Purposely incorrect stories and phony sources to meet their agenda of hate. Sad! Well, as predicted, the 9th Circuit did it again - Ruled against the TRAVEL BAN at such a dangerous time in the history of our country. S.C.

No we know they are the words of an incompetent Orange bafoon to bad you eat all up sad really! 
    Since you brought this thread back to topic about an evil hitler of a man called President Trump here is the latest tweet.
    After 7 months of investigations & committee hearings about my "collusion with the Russians," nobody has been able to show any proof. Sad!  The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them. Despite the phony Witch Hunt going on in America, the economic & jobs numbers are great. Regulations way down, jobs and enthusiasm way up! I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284

Since you brought this thread back to topic about an evil hitler of a man called President Trump here is the latest tweet.
    After 7 months of investigations & committee hearings about my "collusion with the Russians," nobody has been able to show any proof. Sad!  The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them. Despite the phony Witch Hunt going on in America, the economic & jobs numbers are great. Regulations way down, jobs and enthusiasm way up! I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Like I said incompetent Orange bafoon fits him really good !

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Seriously??!!........

Trump chooses son’s wedding planner to run HUD housing programs in New York

Her resume didn't include experience in anything related to housing or urban planning until January 2017, when she was appointed as HUD's director of public engagement.

In 2014, Patton planned the wedding of Eric Trump, son of Donald Trump, and was an advisor to the Trump campaign. From 2009 to 2011, she was a Trump Organization event organizer of "upscale events and celebrity golf tournaments," PR, and fundraising.

What's next? Family chauffeur as head of FEMA?
    :dizzy:
  • Options

Not sure where any confusion at all has come from on here about my words and the tweets of President Trump. I have stated quite a few times that I post the tweets in all bold.  It's not like there is an abundance of posters in this thread that wouldn't know that.  So again for the very few on the short list reading this thread I post the tweets of President Trump in bold for discussion - not to be confused w/ my own as I am not an evil hitler thank you.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    trump and Cuba. I don't have any info, but I'd put money down on the possibility that he isn't able to build a property there. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    trump and Cuba. I don't have any info, but I'd put money down on the possibility that he isn't able to build a property there. 
    Interesting angle. I could buy it. I just figured it was Trump undoing as much of Obama's work and legacy as he can. Yet another Obama rollback. But the real estate angle is certainly plausible. And he's a spiteful, orange baby.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    this is what i was thinking. they won't allow him to do business, or will not do business with them, so he is going to undo anything that might be of any kind of advantage to them. WINNING!!!

fucking idiot.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Like riding the escalator, he's going down.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Donald Trump was riding the escalator down while Rockin in the freeworld and emerged as President Trump.
  • Options
    Donald Trump was riding the escalator down while Rockin in the freeworld and emerged as President Trump.
    To quote Godfather, bahahahaha 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Where's the Cuba tweets? I need pickles and jamon.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Latest tweet.....
    Back from Miami where my Cuban/American friends are very happy with what I signed today. Another campaign promise that I did not forget!
This discussion has been closed.