April Fools!

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

She was not going to concede early like Al Gore did and then have to retract it. The votes were still being counted and so she didn't need to make a personal appearance until it was time. She did it appropriately, but nothing she ever does will ever satisfy people who hate her. She would have made a very good president; she is so well-prepared...and...well, that's all.

It's true. I am not a huge fan of Hillary, but I will NEVER get the loathing people have built up for her... I 100% feel like people have literally been brainwashed into hating her at that level. I just don't understand how they all fell for it.
    It has been a witch hunt since 1992.

When you ask people why they hate Hillary? 99% of them will have no clue why
    She's an intelligent, successful woman. That's why.
    No it isn't.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

She was not going to concede early like Al Gore did and then have to retract it. The votes were still being counted and so she didn't need to make a personal appearance until it was time. She did it appropriately, but nothing she ever does will ever satisfy people who hate her. She would have made a very good president; she is so well-prepared...and...well, that's all.

It's true. I am not a huge fan of Hillary, but I will NEVER get the loathing people have built up for her... I 100% feel like people have literally been brainwashed into hating her at that level. I just don't understand how they all fell for it.

No it isn't.
    Please enlighten us.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    Most. Qualified. Candidate. Ever.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2017
    mfc2006 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    Please enlighten us.
    Personally, I did not like the way she handled Syria, Iran, the Benghazi situation. I did not like her gun control stance, her stance on abortion, and her carelessness in regards to the way she handled confidential information. She flip flopped on gay marriage, acted smug, fake, and entitled throughout her campaign (my opinion of course). I do not favor political dynasties and did not want another Clinton in office. I was also skeptical of her controversial past business dealings.
    I do not like Trump for some of the same reasons.
    There are a lot of other reasons I did not vote democrat, but those are some of the specifics in regards to not liking Hillary. There are plenty of successful, intelligent women that I have the utmost respect for...she is not one of those.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    Every time I read this it makes me wonder....all that's saying is she is the longest term CAREER POLITICIAN that ran for president. And really, that's what the country rejected. And I can go along with rejecting that...just not for trump. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    Qualifications for the Office of President
    Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
    No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
    Term limit amendment - US Constitution, Amendment XXII, Section 1 - ratified February 27, 1951
    No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
    http://www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html
    PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
    Term limit amendment - US Constitution, Amendment XXII, Section 1 - ratified February 27, 1951
    No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
    Most. Qualified. Experienced. Candidate. Ever.
    ftfm - happy now?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017
    That term limit thing... I don't think 2 terms is long enough, for cases where the President is doing a good job. I feel like the voters should decide how long a President sits in office, or at least make it a 3 or 4 term limit. As we all know, 8 years just isn't necessarily a long enough time period for some good major initiative to get done or to be solidified enough to not be torn down by the next guy from the opposing party.. If the public doesn't like the initiative(s), great. Then he doesn't win another term. But if they do like it, or want to give him more time, they can't, and that sucks, especially when the next nominees stink. The 2 term limit seems to often end in a shitload of wasted time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    Every time I read this it makes me wonder....all that's saying is she is the longest term CAREER POLITICIAN that ran for president. And really, that's what the country rejected. And I can go along with rejecting that...just not for trump. ;)
    I never understood this logic.

I took a flight this week on a plane to Greenville, SC. Nice town.

I got on the plane, and was thankful there was a pilot in the cockpit, as opposed to say...Harrison Ford. I thought to myself, that person looks like they know what they're doing and have been doing it for sometime. I can probably trust them to do the right thing if shit hits the fan. You know, instead of killing us all.

To each their own I guess.
    edited April 2017
    CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    ftfm - happy now?
    Plenty of ex-presidents that are more experienced than her, but are also not qualified to be president. And just because she has been a career politician does not mean she has been a good one or did a good job. I view her "experience" as a corrupt/lying politician to be a negative.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJ_Soul said:

That term limit thing... I don't think 2 terms is long enough, for cases where the President is doing a good job. I feel like the voters should decide how long a President sits in office, or at least make it a 3 or 4 term limit. As we all know, 8 years just isn't necessarily a long enough time period for some good major initiative to get done or to be solidified enough to not be torn down by the next guy from the opposing party.. If the public doesn't like the initiative(s), great. Then he doesn't win another term. But if they do like it, or want to give him more time, they can't, and that sucks, especially when the next nominees stink. The 2 term limit seems to often end in a shitload of wasted time.

Good Lord, that is the last thing we need.
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

4-8 years should be plenty of time
    PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    ftfm - happy now?
    Plenty of ex-presidents that are more experienced than her, but are also not qualified to be president. And just because she has been a career politician does not mean she has been a good one or did a good job. I view her "experience" as a corrupt/lying politician to be a negative.
    ...still waiting for any sliver of proof of corruption or lying....
    CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    ftfm - happy now?
    We can just stick with "carelessness" if you would prefer.
    PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    ftfm - happy now?
    Compared to who? It doesn't appear she was any less careless than previous SOS.
    I understand neither Hillary's email account, nor her contraversial personal server were ever proven to have been hacked.
    Of the tens of thousands of emails investigators reviewed, 113 contained classified information. That's less than 1%.
    Care to backpedal any further?
    edited April 2017
    CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

PJPOWER said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.
    FYI-
    ftfm - happy now?
    Compared to who? It doesn't appear she was any less careless than previous SOS.
    I understand neither Hillary's email account, nor her contraversial personal server were ever proven to have been hacked.
    Of the tens of thousands of emails investigators reviewed, 113 contained classified information. That's less than 1%.
    Care to backpedal any further?
    I was not comparing her to anyone else, I'm not a fan of anyone being careless with any classified information, which she was found to have been. I just stated that it was one of the reasons I did not like HER.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

works just fine in Canada. when we decided we'd had enough of Harper, who was PM for 9.5 years, we voted him out. simple.

the last thing your country actually needs is the incredibly wasteful primary nonsense.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited April 2017

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

works just fine in Canada. when we decided we'd had enough of Harper, who was PM for 9.5 years, we voted him out. simple.

the last thing your country actually needs is the incredibly wasteful primary nonsense.
    You realize that it would be opening the door for someone like Bush or Trump staying in office longer as well, right? I vote we keep it at 2 terms, 8 years max.
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

You realize that it would be opening the door for someone like Bush or Trump staying in office longer as well, right? I vote we keep it at 2 terms, 8 years max.
    of course, but i doubt that would happen. the longest Canadian PM's last is a decade or less. if someone is doing a shit job, eventually the public get fed up. but if a good one is in, let him stay there.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

I got on the plane, and was thankful there was a pilot in the cockpit, as opposed to say...Harrison Ford. I thought to myself, that person looks like they know what they're doing and have been doing it for sometime. I can probably trust them to do the right thing if shit hits the fan. You know, instead of killing us all.

It's about having diversity. All those career politicians are the same. And just having the politician or president not being a career politician does't mean he/she doesn't have staff that has experience. You can have leadership experience without it being government experience. Lots of successful companies move great leaders around into many different positions to benefit from their leadership and questioning of the status quo. I feel the same can be true for government.
    hippiemom = goodness

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

of course, but i doubt that would happen. the longest Canadian PM's last is a decade or less. if someone is doing a shit job, eventually the public get fed up. but if a good one is in, let him stay there.
    I disagree - I say make it a shorter overall term but remove the need for the president to campaign.

1 6 year term. or heck I guess I could buy into 1 8-year term potentially as well. I think we'd get much farther with a president that doesn;t have to waste time/energy/political capital campaigning.
    hippiemom = goodness

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

It's about having diversity. All those career politicians are the same. And just having the politician or president not being a career politician does't mean he/she doesn't have staff that has experience. You can have leadership experience without it being government experience. Lots of successful companies move great leaders around into many different positions to benefit from their leadership and questioning of the status quo. I feel the same can be true for government.
    I really don't understand how anyone (besides unsung maybe) could possibly argue against the voting public deciding how long someone sits in office.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

I really don't understand how anyone (besides unsung maybe) could possibly argue against the voting public deciding how long someone sits in office.
    So with that logic, the voting public could theoretically decide that someone only sits in office 1 year...one month...one day; if it were left only to a public majority vote.
    In a sense, though, the voting public has already decided on 2 terms/8 years total through the democratic process of voting in the individuals that created those guidelines and policies in the first place.
    edited April 2017

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

I disagree - I say make it a shorter overall term but remove the need for the president to campaign.

1 6 year term. or heck I guess I could buy into 1 8-year term potentially as well. I think we'd get much farther with a president that doesn;t have to waste time/energy/political capital campaigning.
    so you want term limits, but you want them LONGER?

the great thing about the parliamentary system is, if the guy sucks balls, you aren't necessarily stuck with him for the full term like you are in the US. the rest of the government can basically remove him and his party by a vote of no-confidence. a better way of putting it:

A parliamentary system is a system of democratic governance of a state where the executive branch derives its democratic legitimacy from its ability to command the confidence of the legislature (parliament) and is also held accountable to that legislature.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited April 2017
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

So with that logic, the voting public could theoretically decide that someone only sits in office 1 year...one month...one day; if it were left only to a public majority vote.
    In a sense, though, the voting public has already decided on 2 terms/8 years total through the democratic process of voting in the individuals that created those guidelines and policies in the first place.
    What? No, I am not saying that terms should be eliminated. You can't just have an election whenever. They cost a hell of a lot of money, so have to be spaced out. And having too quick a turn over would just create constant government chaos.
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

Congress is at an 8% approval rating but continues to elected in high percentages.

I will always push for term limits. The public is generally too stupid to do the right thing. Incumbents get entrenched and bought off by big money donors and take orders from the highest bidder rather than the public.

It is common sense.
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

Congress is at an 8% approval rating but continues to elected in high percentages.

I will always push for term limits. The public is generally too stupid to do the right thing. Incumbents get entrenched and bought off by big money donors and take orders from the highest bidder rather than the public.

It is common sense.
    Alright. So Americans are too stupid to vote. Noted.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

It is common sense.
    I can agree with you on that. It's hard to believe Congress does not have term limits. We all bitch and moan about "change" every election, yet Congress always has around an 80-90% incumbency rate.
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

It is common sense.
    Alright. So Americans are too stupid to vote. Noted.
    yet he claims they voted the right guy into office last november. so which is it?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

CM189191 said:

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kat said:

No it isn't.

Like a successful attorney who served on various boards for non-profit organizations throughout their career?