Options

April Fools!

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    unsung said:

I was going to try to find a funny picture of an ungoverned society, then I remembered that every single cluster of people throughout all of history organically converges at a governed reality, and the fact that you yourself have conceded that an ungoverned society cannot be attained today anyways. I'm sure you can make a great image of a permanent anarchist society in the one place it can thrive though - your head. Happy April Fool's Day!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    benjs said:

unsung said:

I was going to try to find a funny picture of an ungoverned society, then I remembered that every single cluster of people throughout all of history organically converges at a governed reality, and the fact that you yourself have conceded that an ungoverned society cannot be attained today anyways. I'm sure you can make a great image of a permanent anarchist society in the one place it can thrive though - your head. Happy April Fool's Day!
    :lol:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    unsung said:

Are you obsessed? It seems like an obsessive hatred.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    So much for "socially liberal" libertarians. I'm Green and hate Hillary. You have no excuse for ass kissing the evil on the other side, fauxbertraian.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    unsung said:

It would have been glorious. She can still do a lot of good for our country. Go Hillary.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, and Maxine Waters have introduced repective legislation to have April 1 declared a National Holiday.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

No more than your rabid fascination with Impeachment.
  • Options
    Kat said:

unsung said:

It would have been glorious. She can still do a lot of good for our country. Go Hillary.
    I am not sure pay to play politics is good for any of us.
  • Options
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

No more than your rabid fascination with Impeachment.
    I'm not in that crowd, I have doubted that it would happen, but it is looking more likely every day.
    Any objective viewer can't deny that this has been the most scandalous and dysfunctionality start to a modern Presidency.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    unsung said:

Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin, and Maxine Waters have introduced repective legislation to have April 1 declared a National Holiday.

I love how Maxine Waters is the new boogeyman to the right. As if she speaks for Joe Democrat. That's like Democrats obsessing over Steve King. It's a waste of breath because he's not mainstream.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    And Dick Durban is as good as they come in life and in politics.
  • Options
    I don't think I will ever understand the level of hatred people have for Clinton. It's like they pin all their frustrations with all of politics on this one person and make her into a mythical apotheosis of government corruption.
    It's pretty ridiculous, and it's also ridiculous that the Democratic party didn't recognise that and how big a factor it would be in the election.
  • Options

Dick Durbin is an enemy of the state.

FFS, he wants 100k refugees added to Illinois, we can't afford what we have now.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    rgambs said:

I don't think I will ever understand the level of hatred people have for Clinton. It's like they pin all their frustrations with all of politics on this one person and make her into a mythical apotheosis of government corruption.
    It's pretty ridiculous, and it's also ridiculous that the Democratic party didn't recognise that and how big a factor it would be in the election.

She's an intelligent successful woman.

The conservative right hates that.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    unsung said:

Dick Durbin is an enemy of the state.

FFS, he wants 100k refugees added to Illinois, we can't afford what we have now.
    According to your self-professed politics, you're an enemy of the state.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    unsung said:

that's funny as hell!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    I'm going to start peppering all the political and current event threads on AMT with my well-thought out comments and opinions as I once did long ago.

:smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    Kat said:

unsung said:

The fact that Hillary coward away in her hotel room for hours, all the way into the next day rather than making a statement on election night spoke volumes. Trump is probably the worst president we have ever elected, and yes I voted for him but hillarys actions that night proved to me she was not competent for the job.
  • Options

Kat said:

unsung said:

The fact that Hillary coward away in her hotel room for hours, all the way into the next day rather than making a statement on election night spoke volumes. Trump is probably the worst president we have ever elected, and yes I voted for him but hillarys actions that night proved to me she was not competent for the job.
    If you think for a split second that Trump or any other politician under those circumstances of close races and votes still being out wouldn't do the exact same thing as Hillary, you're fooling yourself.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Heard she got really drunk and was screaming and crying hysterically that night.

I guess it would suck knowing you couldn't beat the worst President ever elected.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    brianlux said:

I'm going to start peppering all the political and current event threads on AMT with my well-thought out comments and opinions as I once did long ago.

Commie :anguished:
  • Options
    unsung said:

Heard she got really drunk and was screaming and crying hysterically that night.

I guess it would suck knowing you couldn't beat the worst President ever elected.

The smartest guy on the board responds with a, "I heard"?
    I'm not saying she didn't flip out. I'm saying that with the race as tight as it was, no presidential candidate would come out and concede.
  • Options

unsung said:

The smartest guy on the board responds with a, "I heard"?
    I'm not saying she didn't flip out. I'm saying that with the race as tight as it was, no presidential candidate would come out and concede.
    The votes were in. No need to concede. It was over. Silence from her was deafening.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    If any of us ran against trump and lost, we'd all be drunk as shit, yelling and crying.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    The fact it's funny to people that it is better to have Trump as POTUS means there is no hope for society.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

If any of us ran against trump and lost, we'd all be drunk as shit, yelling and crying.

We'd have to have decent income in the first place to run so we'd just move to Canada and blaze it to Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead et al.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718

brianlux said:

Commie :anguished:
    Hey, what happened to "pinko"? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

None of us are career politicians who felt we were capable of running the country.
  • Options

We'd have to have decent income in the first place to run so we'd just move to Canada and blaze it to Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead et al.
    Inclined to agree, some people though only crave more power. Me? I'd find a nice place in the woods with a small lake.