Big Train - Mike Watt backed by Eddie, Dave Grohl, Pat Smear

OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
https://youtu.be/4cfQaQO-YD4

How cool is this? First time seeing it. What a power team.
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

Comments

• evedder23evedder23 Posts: 38
    That was kick ass! Look how young they all are ha!
    I am a doughnut - E.V.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Check out the live Mike Watt record just released. "Big Traaaaaain"...haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Wow, I'd never seen this before! Would've loved to be a fly on the wall for these rehearsals...

Ed going out of his way to take as little of the spotlight as possible, so totally reserved! That had to be hard, he was probably always worried people would make a bigger deal out of him than the person who's supposed to be the center of attention.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    CM189191 said:

Indeed!
  • I saw them in Cleveland and it's still one of my favorite concerts ever
  • matt3846matt3846 Atlanta Posts: 153
    Saw that lineup play the 40 Watt in Athens in April 95. Hovercraft and Foo Fighters opened. Incredible!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I saw this show in Hollywood....amazing night!
    I saw it in Providence, RI in '95, but did Ed play guitar for Watt every show?

Also I remember THREE DRUMMERS at the end of Watt's set, I think Watt's drummer, Dave Grohl and either the Foo's drummer then or Ed, can't remember who the 3rd one was just remember 3 drum sets and fantastic insanity!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited September 2022
    I saw this show at the Black Cat in DC in '95. After the show Dave Grohl was just wandering around the bar. I told him I liked his new band (Foo Fighters). I was in the front row and the stage was really low to the ground, I was almost eye to eye with Eddie when he was playing guitar. Great night. Can’t beat the ticket price.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
    JH6056 said:
    I saw it in Providence, RI in '95, but did Ed play guitar for Watt every show?

Also I remember THREE DRUMMERS at the end of Watt's set, I think Watt's drummer, Dave Grohl and either the Foo's drummer then or Ed, can't remember who the 3rd one was just remember 3 drum sets and fantastic insanity!
    Ed drummed with Hovercraft, so it may have been him.

GlowGirl said:
    I saw this show at the Black Cat in DC in '95. After the show Dave Grohl was just wandering around the bar. I told him I liked his new band (Foo Fighters). I was in the front row and the stage was really low to the ground, I was almost eye to eye with Eddie when he was playing guitar. Great night. Can’t beat the ticket price.

Oh man... I wonder if my tix were only $9.00 too? What a beautiful bargain!
    JH6056 said:
    GlowGirl said:

I remember buying my ticket a few weeks before the show because I saw it advertised in the local paper and I liked Mike Watt. Had no idea who the Foo Fighters were or Hovercraft. Knowing me I was probably planning on skipping them and showing up late. But that afternoon the radio station mentioned that the Foo Fighters was Dave Grohl from Nirvana’s new band and that Hovercraft was Eddie Vedder’s wife’s band and that he was going to be playing guitar with Mike Watt, and also Pat Smear was rumored to be in the Foo Fighters. So I made sure to go on time. I already had my ticket. When I got to the venue there was a line around the block for people trying to get tickets. The place only held a few hundred people. It was chaos. I was so happy to have that ticket in my hand. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    GlowGirl said:
    JH6056 said:
    GlowGirl said:

I remember buying my ticket a few weeks before the show because I saw it advertised in the local paper and I liked Mike Watt. Had no idea who the Foo Fighters were or Hovercraft. Knowing me I was probably planning on skipping them and showing up late. But that afternoon the radio station mentioned that the Foo Fighters was Dave Grohl from Nirvana’s new band and that Hovercraft was Eddie Vedder’s wife’s band and that he was going to be playing guitar with Mike Watt, and also Pat Smear was rumored to be in the Foo Fighters. So I made sure to go on time. I already had my ticket. When I got to the venue there was a line around the block for people trying to get tickets. The place only held a few hundred people. It was chaos. I was so happy to have that ticket in my hand. 
    Thats a great story thanks for sharing.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    So jealous! Wish I was able to catch one of those shows back then.