Poll--The Weakest Link: No Code, Round 2

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Red Mosquito
    Was never a huge red mosquito fan
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Around The Bend
    I guess we all have to remember that we are voting our opinion of the weakest song remaining. That doesn't mean it's actually a bad song. It's tough to see a song get eliminated that you might personally love, especially with only a few votes. We are all so emotionally attached to these songs. As long as nobody uses the word "sucks" I'm ok with a song being eliminated fairly by votes.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    tunodamaitunodamai Posts: 74
    Habit
    I like Habit but No Code is my second favourite album so there are so many more standouts on this one for me. It is getting my vote.
    It makes much more sense to live......in the present tense.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited March 2017
    Around The Bend
    I always thought this was the better spoken word (much better than I'm open):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOILC6KesE
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Habit
    I can't believe Red Mosquito and In My Tree have votes. 2 of my all time favorites.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Around The Bend
    I like Around The Bend but the studio version sounds a little lifeless. Much better at Benaroya.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Around The Bend
    Go to sleep
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Habit
    Wow, tight race for the third elimination spot.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Smile
    MedozK said:

Please don't eliminate more than four (or even three) this round. Heck, if there is any sort of tie for third spot, could you consider leaving all eight remaining songs in the race? Give them all a fighting chance, no?
  • Options
    Smile
    JimmyV said:

I like Around The Bend but the studio version sounds a little lifeless. Much better at Benaroya.

I think my decision to avoid Around the Bend this round was based on that Benaroya Hall performance. If I had never heard it before, things would likely have been different.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Around The Bend
    rummy said:

JimmyV said:

I think my decision to avoid Around the Bend this round was based on that Benaroya Hall performance. If I had never heard it before, things would likely have been different.
    You make all the excuses you want. Nothing will justify your vote for Smile! :wink::lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Sometimes
    rummy said:

MedozK said:

Please don't eliminate more than four (or even three) this round. Heck, if there is any sort of tie for third spot, could you consider leaving all eight remaining songs in the race? Give them all a fighting chance, no?
    Yeah! And let's let Villanova back in the tourney too. So they lost to Wisconsin... They're a good team so they deserve better!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Habit
    rummy said:

JimmyV said:

Wouldnt be any point, any tie for third would just be the first ones gone next round.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    edited March 2017
    Habit

rummy said:

MedozK said:

Yeah! And let's let Villanova back in the tourney too. So they lost to Wisconsin... They're a good team so they deserve better!
    Not even comparable. To eliminate the 3rd song with the current vote totals is just crazy. You have over 70 people that dedicated their vote to Habit and ATB which shows those are the majority picks with no room for error. Lots of error in that the 3rd spot vote right now. All that does is encourage strategic last minute voting if one of them goes with 5 or 6 votes.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Around The Bend
    tbergs said:

rummy said:

MedozK said:

Not even comparable. To eliminate the 3rd song with the current vote totals is just crazy. You have over 70 people that dedicated their vote to Habit and ATB which shows those are the majority picks with no room for error. Lots of error in that the 3rd spot vote right now. All that does is encourage strategic last minute voting if one of them goes with 5 or 6 votes.
    Decent point. If only two with overwhelming majority depart now then the remaining will be in a more evenly balanced competition. not allowing one state, err... person, to decide the fate.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Smile
    JimmyV said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

You make all the excuses you want. Nothing will justify your vote for Smile! :wink::lol:
    Not a fan of the harmonica...in any song really.
  • Options
    Habit
    rummy said:

JimmyV said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

Awww man, you just eliminated Hide Your Love, Footsteps, and Dock of the Bay from contention for best Ed harmonica....
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Habit
    rummy said:

JimmyV said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Habit
    tbergs said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

Awww man, you just eliminated Hide Your Love, Footsteps, and Dock of the Bay from contention for best Ed harmonica....
    Not to mention a ton of good music from other bands.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Smile
    tbergs said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

You forgot to mention songs by Neil Young and Bob Dylan.

In any event, alright, you got me. It's good in some songs.... I guess it doesn't work for me as well as it does for others. Plus, it follows the great In My Tree so I always found it to be a bit of a "come down."
  • Options
    Smile
    KC138045 said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

rummy said:

JimmyV said:

As long as she doesn't reprise the bit in House of Cards.
  • Options
    Smile
    tbergs said:

rummy said:

MedozK said:

Thank you.
  • Options
    Smile
    ...Of course, I'd likely vote against the currently-tied-for-third-place Smile or Red Mosquito next round so one of the posts that disagrees with me has a point.
  • Options
    Habit
    rummy said:

...Of course, I'd likely vote against the currently-tied-for-third-place Smile or Red Mosquito next round so one of the posts that disagrees with me has a point.

We might as well just skip to the final between In My Tree and Present Tense then since each got one vote from people clearly posing as members. Must have been hacked :wink:
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    edited March 2017
    Smile
    Forgive them Father..they don't know what they are doing..
    damn..i can't find the Brasilia 2015 version..

https://youtu.be/MG-G7pKD5uM
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Habit
    New amendment to the rules. Songs must have at least 10 votes to be eliminated. Anyone second that?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Habit
    MedozK said:

New amendment to the rules. Songs must have at least 10 votes to be eliminated. Anyone second that?

That works for me buddy!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Around The Bend
    MedozK said:

I third that.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Smile
    MedozK said:

...Assuming it is the third song to be eliminated?

(Although we've been averaging over 100 votes per round so it shouldn't be an issue).
  • Options
    Habit
    MedozK said:

+1
This discussion has been closed.