Options

Art Zone with Nancy Guppy - A Conversation With Mike McCready on Seattle Channel

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
edited March 2017 in The Porch
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390
    And future... maybe he will spill the beans
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Tonight!

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Watch the episode! :)

http://www.seattlechannel.org/artZone?videoid=x71432

This special episode of Art Zone features Mike McCready in conversation with host Nancy Guppy from her living room. Mike knew at an early age he wanted to be a rock star. He almost gave up that dream shortly before becoming lead guitarist of Pearl Jam, the Seattle grunge-era band which skyrocketed to international fame in the early '90s and is a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 inductee. When he's not performing with Pearl Jam, Mike runs his record label HockeyTalkter Records; performs with his cover band Flight to Mars; and works to bring awareness to Crohn's disease, which he's lived with for decades. Also, Mike's book "Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam" is slated for a May release.

http://video.seattle.gov:8080/media/artZone/AZNG_032417V.mp4
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    This is a great interview!! If you got 30 minutes it's a must see.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

did he spill anything?
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011

Agreed!
    Jbarker said:

did he spill anything?
    No beans were spilled
  • Options

A must see indeed.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    fantastic interview
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Available in 1080p ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v2xzREchsk

This special episode of Art Zone features Mike McCready in conversation with host Nancy Guppy from her living room. Mike knew at an early age he wanted to be a rock star. He almost gave up that dream shortly before becoming lead guitarist of Pearl Jam, the Seattle grunge-era band which skyrocketed to international fame in the early '90s and is a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 inductee. When he's not performing with Pearl Jam, Mike runs his record label HockeyTalkter Records; performs with his cover band Flight to Mars; and works to bring awareness to Crohn's disease, which he's lived with for decades. Also, Mike's book "Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam" is slated for a May release.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,036
    Great interview!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

Great interview!!!

It sure is. Wish Nancy Guppy could also interview Ed, Stone, Jeff & Matt too. A full episode on each member.
  • Options
    Mike McCready: How My Involvement With Mad Season Changed Pearl Jam

"My role in this band initially was - I'm the lead guitar player, and I was happy with that role for many years," the guitarist explains.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/mike_mccready_how_my_involvement_with_mad_season_changed_pearl_jam.html

Mike McCready discussed the impact Mad Season had on Pearl Jam, telling Art Zone (via Alternative Nation):

"My role in this band initially was - I'm the lead guitar player, and I was happy with that role for many years.

"As our band kind of evolved and went through different stages, there was a shift in power. It was kind of Stone [Gossard]'s thing at first, then it became [Eddie Vedder]'s kind of vision, but our all collective vision."

The guitarist added: "We all create music, we all write music, and I got more comfortable after doing the Mad Season record, that gave me more confidence in terms of my songwriting.

"Prior to that I was very kind of intimidated to write songs because Jeff [Ament], Stone, and Ed were really good at it. But as I got more confident, Ed was like, 'Hey, that's a good song.'

"That was always a thing with our band - we're very encouraging of each other. We fight and all these kind of things, but at the end of the day it's more like, 'This is what the common cause and the good is, so let's do music the best we can.'"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    demetrios said:
    Available in 1080p .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v2xzREchsk This special episode of Art Zone features Mike McCready in conversation with host Nancy Guppy from her living room. Mike knew at an early age he wanted to be a rock star. He almost gave up that dream shortly before becoming lead guitarist of Pearl Jam, the Seattle grunge-era band which skyrocketed to international fame in the early '90s and is a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017 inductee. When he's not performing with Pearl Jam, Mike runs his record label HockeyTalkter Records; performs with his cover band Flight to Mars; and works to bring awareness to Crohn's disease, which he's lived with for decades. Also, Mike's book "Of Potato Heads and Polaroids: My Life Inside and Out of Pearl Jam" is slated for a May release.
    this was fun to watch