Special Needs Kids

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 19,036
A friend of mine posted this message on FB and I thought it was excellent and worth sharing here. Her community apparently is not real supportive of special needs kids. We're very fortunate where I live to have excellent organizations like PRIDE and MORE in our community, folks who work hard to help these kids be a part of, be more accepted in our community by taking them shopping, job coaching and sponsoring social activities. It would be great if more places had organizations and individuals who did that sort of work. I don't have kids of my own but I'll talk to my extended family kids about this myself. Thanks for considering this. The message is:

"I would just like to put this out there! If your kids are not around special needs kids at school and have never been taught that not everyone is the same, then maybe you could take 10 min tonight to explain this to them. Even though they may not be around these kids at school they may see them at church, at the mall, at the grocery store or even at the park. In light of recent events on the exclusion of a child who has autism from participating in a school trip, and a Down Syndrome child being kicked out of dance class because she couldn't keep up, I felt the need to share this. There are boys and girls that nobody invites to fun parties. There are special kids who want to belong to a team but don't get selected because others feel it's more important to win than include these children. Children with special needs are not rare or strange, they only want what everyone else wants: to be accepted !!"
"Anger is an energy."
-John Lydon
"Lost causes are the only causes worth fighting for."
-Martin Sheen

Adams Center, Missoula, MT 09/30/12

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skinPosts: 13,447
    Awesome!
    D1B50013-8BB5-4861-B9BC-AA0D88D58DF4.jpg

The first rule of the ten club fight club is you don't talk about the ten club fight club!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 19,036

Awesome!

:hug:
    "Anger is an energy."
    -John Lydon
    "Lost causes are the only causes worth fighting for."
    -Martin Sheen

Adams Center, Missoula, MT 09/30/12