Crucible - with Ed and Neil Finn covering 'Throw Your Arms Around Me'

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
Just stumbled on this again on Spotify this morning. What an amazing cover of an amazing song! Two master's doing what they do best! For those that don't know Hunters and Collectors, they are one of the finest bands out of Australia and worth your time. In the meanwhile, check out the album and song!

https://open.spotify.com/album/69hWjpvO4COkXCzJ0HNCy9

www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    I listen to that probably once a day. I love it. Ed and Neil harmonize together so beautifully.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I listen to that probably once a day. I love it. Ed and Neil harmonize together so beautifully.

Agreed. I love Neil Finn's work - have you listened to 'Finn' by The Finn Brothers? An album recorded binaurally. One of the most beautiful pieces of recorded music of all time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    I have not, but I think I know what I will be listening to this afternoon! Thanks for the suggestion. I like when Pearl Jam performs Throw Your Arms Around Me, but there is something magical about when Eddie and Neil harmonize on the line, "And though I disappear from out of view, I will never say goodbye," which Eddie doesn't sing when PJ performs it.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I have not, but I think I know what I will be listening to this afternoon! Thanks for the suggestion. I like when Pearl Jam performs Throw Your Arms Around Me, but there is something magical about when Eddie and Neil harmonize on the line, "And though I disappear from out of view, I will never say goodbye," which Eddie doesn't sing when PJ performs it.

Suggest listening to H&C's version on their Living in Large Rooms & Lounges double live set.
    www.cluthelee.com