Options

@PJRadio's All-Time LIVE25 The best live Pearl Jam cuts SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,197
    NHiding said:

I think my problem with Robs shows is the (constant) hyperbole.

Have a problem with the "sucking the dick of the thing you 'love'" mentality.

Would have loved Pj Radio to be more critical/balanced. Instead of Fox viwe on fair and balanced.

Now onto an amazing version of Immortality.

The job of the station is to promote the band and the best they have to offer. You really want to hear me say, Oh, and here's a version where they just f'd it up to the max? And who needs a radio channel to be critical when there's this forum! As for the list and the entire concept, I'm the first one to tell you it's the most subjective thing and almost impossible to be definitive by any stretch of the imagination, hence why I insisted on a Volume 1 so we can just keep doing it and I'm more than happy to take all of eveyone's suggestions and find more great versions of things. I honestly wasn't paying any attention to geographical locales of the songs, but perhaps those can be future countdowns...The Best of Oz, The Best of SA, The Best of Canada etc.
    I think some of the f-ups are great though. I still enjoy Last Kiss from 2003 Las Vegas show, where not only does Ed fuck it up but the crowd does to. Just great stuff. Nothing wrong with having some fun.

I did a version on my Ipod a few years ago of the best version of every song from PJ. Most were live versions but some were studio. I had about 20 bootlegs to go with it. Was fun putting the list together.

I'd love to hear a Best of Philly. i could definitely put together a nice list for that i should put a list together...
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899

NHiding said:

Would have loved Pj Radio to be more critical/balanced. Instead of Fox viwe on fair and balanced.

The job of the station is to promote the band and the best they have to offer. You really want to hear me say, Oh, and here's a version where they just f'd it up to the max? And who needs a radio channel to be critical when there's this forum! As for the list and the entire concept, I'm the first one to tell you it's the most subjective thing and almost impossible to be definitive by any stretch of the imagination, hence why I insisted on a Volume 1 so we can just keep doing it and I'm more than happy to take all of eveyone's suggestions and find more great versions of things. I honestly wasn't paying any attention to geographical locales of the songs, but perhaps those can be future countdowns...The Best of Oz, The Best of SA, The Best of Canada etc.
    Yeah, I understand that and what your job is and what the station is. Sorry if you interpreted what I said as dickish. Just a general thought and preference.

I loved your'e explenation on the inclusion of Benaroya Black etc. Don't have a problem with the subjectivity.

And a "25 worst live fuck ups" would be a cool show though.
    got ya. glad you enjoyed.
  • Options
    NHiding said:

I/2 Full from July 11 2003 needs to be on the next one.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    This morning @ 8am EST.
  • Options
    PORCH8PORCH8 Posts: 11
    Please would somebody be kind enough to PM me a link?
    I have just created a new account on here mainly to request this!!!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The LBC from St. Paul on 10/19/14 was said to be the debut of the badass JJF jam, but it wasn't, the debut was the first night of the tour on 10/1/14 in Cincinnati. I was there, woot!
    I think it was a better version as well, but I'd have to listen back to back to be sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,848
    rgambs said:

The LBC from St. Paul on 10/19/14 was said to be the debut of the badass JJF jam, but it wasn't, the debut was the first night of the tour on 10/1/14 in Cincinnati. I was there, woot!
    I think it was a better version as well, but I'd have to listen back to back to be sure.

I noticed that mistake. They did it at ACL too and maybe more. Finally got that version in Tampa last year.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Haven't heard the entire Live25 show as of yet, but one of the iconic performances should include the opening track of the Pensacola, FL show in '94. It was a rock for choice show exactly one year after Dr. David Gunn was shot and killed at his clinic. Ed opened the night with I Won't Back Down...I believe this is the first time it was covered live by the band. Very powerful show and tune.
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    pjtourpjtour Posts: 83
    rgambs said:

Cinci was the debut of the Jumping Jack Flash intro/tag onto LBC but I have to say the St. Paul version is superior.
    I'll ride the wave, where it takes me...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    pjtour said:

rgambs said:

Cinci was the debut of the Jumping Jack Flash intro/tag onto LBC but I have to say the St. Paul version is superior.
    Having been at that show, I would agree :triumph:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    I've heard bits and pieces of it so far...that version of Immortality was really good.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    PORCH8 said:

Please would somebody be kind enough to PM me a link?
    I have just created a new account on here mainly to request this!!!

Will pm ya after work. :)
  • Options
    rgambs said:

ooops, yeah, I f'd that up! I'll send that goof up out to Spiritual Chaos!
  • Options
    BK221359 said:

Haven't heard the entire Live25 show as of yet, but one of the iconic performances should include the opening track of the Pensacola, FL show in '94. It was a rock for choice show exactly one year after Dr. David Gunn was shot and killed at his clinic. Ed opened the night with I Won't Back Down...I believe this is the first time it was covered live by the band. Very powerful show and tune.

Unfortunately we only have an audience source recording of this and it's nowhere near air-able quality.
  • Options
    NHiding said:

rgambs said:

ooops, yeah, I f'd that up! I'll send that goof up out to Spiritual Chaos!
    Thanks for the great content!
  • Options
    pjtourpjtour Posts: 83
    edited March 2017
    Count me in as someone that would like to receive the link too. So if someone could please PM me the link, that would be great. I'd love to listen to this again in it's entirety.
    I'll ride the wave, where it takes me...
  • Options
    pjtour said:

Count me in as someone that would like to receive the link too. So if someone could please PM me the link, that would be great. I'd love to listen to this again in it's entirety.

PM sent!
  • Options
    PORCH8PORCH8 Posts: 11

I've heard bits and pieces of it so far...that version of Immortality was really good.

My favourite version of Immortality is on a bootleg CD I picked up years ago called 'Live from the warehouse' - well worth checking out if you can get hold of.
  • Options
    Today @ 5pm EST.
  • Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Agreed...I had the bootleg years ago and it didn't do it justice
    NHiding said:

BK221359 said:

Unfortunately we only have an audience source recording of this and it's nowhere near air-able quality.
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 309
    happy garden from atlanta 94 made the list. That version is un fucking real.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    NHiding said:

BK221359 said:

Raid the vault.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Reply today @ 12pm EST.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rgambs said:

Cincy 2014 is the high water mark for LBC in my opinion
  • Options
    my2hands said:

rgambs said:

That's what I'm talking about! Were you there? That was a loud fucking show, that little arena amplified the noise or something, my ears were ringing worse than usual.
    Sort of an average show, sort of a badass show in other ways.
    LBC was awesome, I need to compare it to some others since the inclusion of the JJF jam out.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

rgambs said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my2hands said:

rgambs said:

Prefer the moody 2003-versions.
  • Options
    This evening @ 6pm EST.
  • Options
    kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 55
    I'd love the link please also, thanks!
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    kcuf me said:

I'd love the link please also, thanks!

Same, thanks!

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16