@PJRadio's All-Time LIVE25 The best live Pearl Jam cuts SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    joemorr88 said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Would love a link.

Is every song discussed?

PM sent. Hear for yourself. :)
    Can I get that too please?
    You got it!
    I would greatly appreciate a link also!

Me, too?

(Please, of course)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited March 2017
    "trying to recreate the Binaural recording live"

What does Mikes roaring NAIS-solo has to do with the Binaural sound?

NAIS is never bad. Greaterst song ever. But that one didn't feel more amazing than other versions. Great nonetheless.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

NAIS is never bad. Greaterst song ever. But that one didn't feel more amazing than other versions. Great nonetheless.

Not to take away from your own hobby but I made one of my own (using 2000 tour performances) and I'd be happy to share, if interested.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    rummy said:

joemorr88 said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Would love a link.

Is every song discussed?

Can I get that too please?
    You got it!
    I would greatly appreciate a link also!

Me, too?

(Please, of course)
    Okie dokie!
    rummy said:

Not to take away from your own hobby but I made one of my own (using 2000 tour performances) and I'd be happy to share, if interested.
    A "greatest perfomances ever" list?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited March 2017
    Weird having Inside Job on the list.

EDIT: Maybe inspired.
    edited March 2017

rummy said:

I think I might have misinterpreted your "trying to recreate the Binaural sound" quote knowing that you like to create your own playlists. However, I made a 13-song playlist (all Binaural songs) using performances from 2000. I suppose whether or not they are the "greatest" might be up for debate.

Additional note: Track listing is slightly different than the album itself as I opened with Of The Girl and reshuffled a few other tunes.
    Post edited by rummy on
    rummy said:

rummy said:

I think I might have misinterpreted your "quote." However, I made a 13-song playlist (all Binaural songs) using performances from 2000. I suppose whether or not they are the "greatest" might be up for debate.

Additional note: Track listing is slightly different than the album itself as I opened with Of The Girl and reshuffled a few other tunes.
    Would love hearing that!
    Did that for Riot Act and like half of Ten a year back. But something else came up.

rummy said:

rummy said:

I think I might have misinterpreted your "quote." However, I made a 13-song playlist (all Binaural songs) using performances from 2000. I suppose whether or not they are the "greatest" might be up for debate.

Would love hearing that!
    Will PM you this evening when I'm at my computer.
    "I live for the tags"

Disgusting thing to say.
    Also, obvious Daughter-choice.
    Not a real fan of that Blood with the "suck you dry" breakdown.
    "There's just no holding back on it (Blood)"

Come on. Drop that shit. There has been sooo many discussions about Eddie holding back on Blood. Remember it from as early as 2006 at least.
    I think my problem with Robs shows is the (constant) hyperbole.

Have a problem with the "sucking the dick of the thing you 'love'" mentality.

Would have loved Pj Radio to be more critical/balanced. Instead of Fox viwe on fair and balanced.

Now onto an amazing version of Immortality.

Crown of thorns... should it be on there or not...
    Amazing version of GTF ofc.
  • demetrios said:

rummy said:

demetrios said:

PJRadio's All-Time LIVE25 Volume 1 SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio March 27th 2017 MP3 ...

Volume 1:

25. Long Road - July 7th 2006 San Diego, CA
    24. Love Boat Captain - October 19th 2014 St. Paul, MN
    23. Better Man - May 21st 2010 New York, NY
    22. Nothing As It Seems - November 6th 2000 Seattle, WA
    21. Garden - April 3rd 1994 Atlanta, GA
    20. Inside Job - December 2nd 2006 Honolulu, HI
    19. Daughter (It's OK) - August 24th 2000 Wantagh, NY
    18. Blood - November 3rd 1996 Berlin, DE
    17. Improv / Immortality - March 6th 2003 Nagoya, JP
    16. Crown of Thorns - October 22nd 2000 Las Vegas, NV
    15. Given To Fly - November 13th 2011 Buenos Aires, AR
    14. Porch - September 20th 1992 Seattle, WA
    13. Faithfull - July 8th 2003 New York, NY
    12. Whipping - July 11th 1995 Chicago, IL
    11. Black - October 22nd 2003 Seattle, WA
    10. Once - June 18th 1992 Zurich, CH
    09. Hail Hail - July 18th 2006 San Francisco, CA
    08. Nothingman - November 6th 2000 Seattle, WA
    07. In Hiding - August 2nd 2007 Chicago, IL
    06. Jeremy - June 8th 1992 Landgraaf, NL
    05. Corduroy - September 1st 2005 George, WA
    04. Release - April 29th 2016 Philadelphia, PA
    03. Breath - September 11th 1998 New York, NY
    02. Even Flow - April 30th 2003 Uniondale, NY
    01. Alive - October 30th 2009 Philadelphia, PA

Great list!
    Will there be a volume 2 Demetrios?
    Hope so...We need more from Vs!
    If there's a Volume 1, there totally will be a Volume 2 but don't know when that will air.

Not only do we need more Vs, but we need more Canadian / Australian dates on the list
    And South America!
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899

Would have loved Pj Radio to be more critical/balanced. Instead of Fox viwe on fair and balanced.

The job of the station is to promote the band and the best they have to offer. You really want to hear me say, Oh, and here's a version where they just f'd it up to the max? And who needs a radio channel to be critical when there's this forum! As for the list and the entire concept, I'm the first one to tell you it's the most subjective thing and almost impossible to be definitive by any stretch of the imagination, hence why I insisted on a Volume 1 so we can just keep doing it and I'm more than happy to take all of eveyone's suggestions and find more great versions of things. I honestly wasn't paying any attention to geographical locales of the songs, but perhaps those can be future countdowns...The Best of Oz, The Best of SA, The Best of Canada etc.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    NHiding said:

The job of the station is to promote the band and the best they have to offer. You really want to hear me say, Oh, and here's a version where they just f'd it up to the max? And who needs a radio channel to be critical when there's this forum! As for the list and the entire concept, I'm the first one to tell you it's the most subjective thing and almost impossible to be definitive by any stretch of the imagination, hence why I insisted on a Volume 1 so we can just keep doing it and I'm more than happy to take all of eveyone's suggestions and find more great versions of things. I honestly wasn't paying any attention to geographical locales of the songs, but perhaps those can be future countdowns...The Best of Oz, The Best of SA, The Best of Canada etc.
    Good stuff man. Really enjoyed the show. Pumped for the RRHOF!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Today @ 12pm EST
    edited March 2017
    NHiding said:

Yeah, I understand that and what your job is and what the station is. Sorry if you interpreted what I said as dickish. Just a general thought and preference.

I loved your'e explenation on the inclusion of Benaroya Black etc. Don't have a problem with the subjectivity.

And a "25 worst live fuck ups" would be a cool show though.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Finding a good Hail Hail version must be all about looking for that great bass-tail Jeff does.

Porch was great.

Benaroya-Black might be the best version out there. Milan 2006 is my go to though.
    NHiding said:

And how big are the chances on getting Dave A on as a guest? :)
    Obviously a panteon Breath.

My dream would be to get a soundboard version of the 2007 Copenhagen version. If I remember that night correctly it was a spontaneous inclusion by Eddie, and (together with Hard top imagine) made my night.

Copenhagen 2007 was tiiiiight.

Finding a good Hail Hail version must be all about looking for that great bass-tail Jeff does.

Porch was great.

Benaroya-Black might be the best version out there. Milan 2006 is my go to though.

Milan 2006 is one of my favourites, too. Cleveland 2006 is also great as are (a little Canadian bias) Toronto 2011 and Vancouver 2013).

Wait a second, isn't there a "Best live version of Black" of thread somewhere on this forum?
  • demetrios said:

Would love a link.

Is every song discussed?

Can I get a link too?

demetrios said:

Would love a link.

Is every song discussed?

Can I get a link too?
    You got it.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Can I please request the link too? I missed the beginning.
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    Could someone please PM me the link!
    Thx!