Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Vitalogy, Final Round - Corduroy Crowned Champion

13»

Comments

• Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Immortality
    It'll be Mankind for me. Just not my jam. I had the reverse experience at Wrigley. Thought that's what Stone would sing and was pleasantly surprised. Don't Gimme No Lip was so much better!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    edited March 2017
    Immortality

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

I think Lukin & Red Mosquito could be a strong underdogs for the No Code poll

Red Mosquito, yes. I dunno about Lukin, however. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a first round exit.
    Round 1 pick is going to be a toss-up between I'm Open, Habit and Lukin for me.
    Not going to go after Stone?
    I really like Mankind. One of the only songs I havent seen live too. I was so mad, last show I was at Ed introduced Stone as singing the next song and I got excited. Then it was Dont Gimme No Lip. So dissapointed.
    I'm not in the same place with you here, Mace.

I heard it in Vancouver and was mildly disappointed before the first note was played. I just don't care for the tune very much.
    Partly because it is one of a handful i still haven't heard live. I really like it, but theres 4 or 5 I like more on that album.
    Reminds me of PJ20, like so many others we couldn't find the place. Was planning on getting there just a little early day 1, and spend most of day 2 there. Was lost for about an hour. Pulled into a random stop as Denis Rodman was pulling out, apparently he stopped to ask for directions too. Google and our hotel both gave us bad directions, but we weren't the only ones. Finally find the place. Ran to the ticket booth, got tickets and was walking to our seats as PJ took the stage. Just got to our seat just as Release began to play. First time I heard that song, it avoided me for about 16 shows prior to that. WOuld have been so mad if i missed it!
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Immortality
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

I think Lukin & Red Mosquito could be a strong underdogs for the No Code poll

Red Mosquito, yes. I dunno about Lukin, however. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a first round exit.
    Round 1 pick is going to be a toss-up between I'm Open, Habit and Lukin for me.
    Not going to go after Stone?
    I really like Mankind. One of the only songs I havent seen live too. I was so mad, last show I was at Ed introduced Stone as singing the next song and I got excited. Then it was Dont Gimme No Lip. So dissapointed.
    I really like Mankind too.
    Definitely underrated. I had no idea it was the least favorite on the album for so many though.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Immortality
    With about an hour left to vote its looks like Corduroy for the win.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Immortality
    MedozK said:

With about an hour left to vote its looks like Corduroy for the win.

This one was my favorite yet. Some easy outs, but then so many worthy contenders. At the start, you could've convinced me that any of Corduroy, Immortality, Nothingman, Last Exit, Not For You, Spin or Better Man could've won. I might have even felt conflicted if I had been faced with having to vote Whipping out. Glad it didn't come to that. Congrats to Corduroy! Not sure if any of the others are this difficult for me.

P.s. You Tremor Christ loyalists are nuts, but you're a feisty bunch and I like that. I'll think of you and smile the next time I hear it.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited March 2017
    Corduroy
    If you haven't already done so, I recommend you listen to that recent podcast about Vitalogy - or simply listen to Vitalogy.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Corduroy
    was really a toss-up for me
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Immortality
    rummy said:

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you listen to that recent podcast about Vitalogy - or simply listen to Vitalogy.

What podcast?
    I listened to Vit not too long ago. Within the exception of 1 or 2 reconds, I dont go very long without giving them a spin.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Corduroy
    Celebration of Rock. There's a thread about it on the first page of The Porch. They can be downloaded (for free) from iTunes.

Currently finished first three albums - like us and these weakest link threads.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Immortality
    This poll has ended and Corduroy is your Vitalogy Champion
This discussion has been closed.